Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Connection to server timed out. Please try again later. [EU]

D14_Diabolos
D14_Diabolos
✭✭
Hello,

I'm opening this discussion here as well since me and several of my guild mates have this same exact issue:

When I try to login it takes long time to get in because I get 'Connection to server timed out'. Sometimes it takes between 15-30 minutes especially later in the evening and this has been only getting worse for past 6 months.

I have the new Xbox one X and I've tried all the steps with both consoles: resetting everything (including secondary mac address), tried re-installing the game (tried both internal and external harddrives), opened appropriate ports on my router, cleared console cache by cycling power off and removing the cable for 30 minutes, deleting game save file 'Delete everywhere'. I've done everything and more that Zenimax has told me to do several times, yet none of these have any effect to the issue.

I've checked that there is no ESO server or Xbox Live outages either.

So what me and several of my mates noticed due to new Xbox One X -consoles: we usually have created another Xbox Live account (e.g. brother/sister, gf's etcetera) to the old Xbox One's - so we've had the opportunity to create a new ESO accounts/characters as well. So we tried login from these Xbox Live accounts (some new, some old) and to our complete dismay we were able to login just fine from 'new' ESO accounts - without connection timing out on login.

This is clearly an issue for anyone with older account where you probably have several characters/items in inventories&bank/houses&furniture and plenty of ingame achievements etcetera.

We all have tried several times to login at same time on both consoles and the 'new' account logs in without a fail, every single time when old accounts keep timing out.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @D14_Diabolos

Support is currently awaiting your response on ticket 180108-001634 in regards to this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭
    Support response to my ticket was 'It's Microsoft and Xbox Live's fault' which it is simply not.

I can login from a fresh ESO account just fine every single time, but when I login from my main ESO account it keeps timing out.

You must have a bug in your system and/or my ESO account.
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭
    Just to re-iterate, several of my mates tested the same thing. Main ESO accounts keep timing out several times until it finally lets in. When on a new ESO account it logs in on first try every time.

This is not isolated case - few players I know told it's apparently a bug on ESO account(?) that support should've been able to fix, but considering Supports response: they've absolutely not fixed the issue. So I assume it's bigger issue which will only get worse more we play and accumulate items/characters etcetera.
  • dangerousbrian0
    dangerousbrian0
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue with logging in luckily I have both versions PS4 & Xbox One I also have the Xbox One X I have just not played the game in a while I have also just tried the PS4 version of the game & I am fine with logging in with that version.I have also just tried changing Mega servers to the North American & guess what I got to the character creation screen so there is a problem with the European servers & they need to get on to fixing it pretty quick.If you look at the top of the thread there is a European megaservers for patch maintenance – January 17, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) hopefully it will sort out this issue but I dont hold my breath for it.
    Edited by dangerousbrian0 on January 16, 2018 12:00AM
  • Damake
    Damake
    Soul Shriven
    I have this exact same thing on my main account but my friends get into the game first time always, I have to sometimes try and try for 30 minutes at the worst times but its usually 15-20 minutes, very frustrating and I have a feeling its a bug on my account because I also got the collectors edition item mails in the game twice but havent opened them because I feel I would be "cheating" but the login problem is just so infuriating that I cant be bothered to play the game because it takes sooo many tries to get into the game. How they could fix this somehow.
  • Gr00v3nburg3
    Gr00v3nburg3
    ✭✭
    I've had this exact issue since the thieves guild release. I've been playing since it was released on XBOX ONE and I am guaranteed 10-15 minutes of fighting to get into character selection, I've contacted Zenimax and they told me it's XBOX, got in contact with XBOX and they said it's Zenimax, got back in touch with Zenimax and they said they can't do anything about it after exhausting the troubleshooting. Half tempted to unlink and then relink my XBOX account with my ESO account but I'm worried I'll lose all my progress.
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭
    This issue has come back again - last time Support did nothing apart repeating same old drivel about reset, ports, check server status and none if it works.

There is something seriously wrong with my old account since I can login immediately with another account.

I can't understand why this still hasn't been fixed while it's a common issue with players who've played the game for years. Support does absolutely nothing and does not want to even try to feed this defect to the actual programmers to fix.

I'm going to start telling people to stop paying the monthly subscription and possibly drop the game due to disgusting way these issues are being handled.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this every single day I try to log in to Eso. Clearing saved data, cache, rebooting, resetting router does nothing. I still have to sit here and attempt logging in several times before I finally can get in. It never used to do this and I have no problems with any other games. It's getting old and gone on way too long now.
  • mwzard
    mwzard
    I am having this issue right now. I was in earlier this morning but now getting time out.
  • mwzard
    mwzard
    opps, I am having the issue on the NA server.
  • ArcticF0xx
    ArcticF0xx
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue on Xbox - NA servers: "LOGIN FAILED. Connection to the server timed out. Please try again later."
    Edited by ArcticF0xx on October 6, 2018 3:02PM

-ArcticF0xx-
    They told me there'd be free candy on this ride.
  • GWINDHA1R
    GWINDHA1R
    ✭✭
    I am having the “login failed. Connection to the server times out. Please try again later.” Again?
  • Gr00v3nburg3
    Gr00v3nburg3
    ✭✭
    I've been having this error for well over a year maybe two now, I've been playing this game since it was released on PC and I moved to the XBOX ONE when it was released then, I transferred my characters from PC to XBOX. I have no idea what it is because I've tried everything, even unlinking and relinking my account and it still takes me over 20 minutes to sign in. It comes to something when you're surprised when a game works first try. Oh and I'm on the EU servers and I've had the "it's XBOX fault" then when I told them that XBOX said it was ZOS fault ZOS said we can't do anything.
    Edited by Gr00v3nburg3 on October 6, 2018 4:39PM
  • GWINDHA1R
    GWINDHA1R
    ✭✭
    Now that’s what they call customer service. Atleast they are honest.
    I've been having this error for well over a year maybe two now, I've been playing this game since it was released on PC and I moved to the XBOX ONE when it was released then, I transferred my characters from PC to XBOX. I have no idea what it is because I've tried everything, even unlinking and relinking my account and it still takes me over 20 minutes to sign in. It comes to something when you're surprised when a game works first try. Oh and I'm on the EU servers and I've had the "it's XBOX fault" then when I told them that XBOX said it was ZOS fault ZOS said we can't do anything.

Edited by GWINDHA1R on October 6, 2018 5:29PM
  • Gr00v3nburg3
    Gr00v3nburg3
    ✭✭
    I forgot to mention because I only just remembered after I had unlinked my account from my XBOX account I was still having the error and it took me 10-20 minutes to sign in to relink my account.
  • Gr00v3nburg3
    Gr00v3nburg3
    ✭✭
    Just thought I'd update what I've done so it might either help someone or give Zenimax some information for them but I've linked the same account to my PS4 and tried the PC version with the same account and both sign in straight away, no timeout. As I stated above I was still having trouble logging in even when I unlinked my account from my XBOX account. So maybe that'll narrow it down for someone.
  • Asuryan11
    Asuryan11
    ✭✭✭
    LOGIN FAILED
    Connection to server timed out.
    Please try again later.

I don’t care about the necro

I want this fixed for an hour now
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over a year old we will be closing it. You are welcome to start a new discussion on this issue if one is not already ongoing. The troubleshooting in the help articles below can help with time out and disconnection errors.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.