The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Endless multiple dodges?

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
When you attack someone and your hits land as like 6-8 dodges in a row, I’m curious what’s going on here. A lot of times it doesn’t seem like the enemy player is rolling...but maybe the lag hides that fact?

And a lot of time they’re on the offensive so I know they aren’t rolling...they’re attacking a group and I launch several attacks that all miss. I mean...shuffle offers like a 15% evasions, but the odds of five dodges in a roll are pretty small.

I’m not griping, but I can’t figure out what’s causing the hits to miss so frequently so I don’t know how to counter it.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you missing your attacks or they are being dodged?

Cause there is a set out there that makes you miss all attacks for 5 second.
    Google for Meridia's Blessed Armor Set.

Cheers!
    Edited by Didgerion on December 30, 2017 9:34AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    get a combat log
    take picture of combat log
    blur out name of attacker / opponent
    post here
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    get a combat log
    post here

It's only naming and shaming if you accuse a player of something. Names can be visible to just see what's going on.

So OP could post a video of player, and ask, "how does he do this?" And it's all legit
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    get a combat log
    post here

that is allways the comment we see, along with

"make a video of it"

and when we do it is allways met with how bad WE are as a player and that WE are the failure and also that we named and shamed and then they report us.

the fact remains that this is cheating and i have no idea how to stop it from happening in eso.

Edited by Gilvoth on December 30, 2017 8:28PM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are cheating. It is one of the most common cheats in game. I would not bother posting it. ZOS does not care about cheating. The worst that they have ever done (and this is rare) is to hand a temporary ban out. I am not sure if this is ever done in the case that the cheat was reported by a player rather than a result of juicing so egregious that their utterly primitive anti-cheat measures catch it (like 2k ulti regen per second or 10k weapon damage.) Also if you post who did it they will hand you a ban. They do care about exposing those who cheat and they will be right on that.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be a multitude of things. Meridias Armor (will say MISS not DODGE), your target could have Dodgerolled and/or get lucky with Major Evasion.

Without a video or something, it is impossible to tell you what is going on.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some skills atm that supress the dodgeroll animation if you have the right timing.

It´s infuriating to fight against.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen roll dodge builds dodge everything, even undodgeable things like dawnbreaker, then hit like a truck. Then I catch them next time and kill them in a heavy attack combo with a hard hitting skill. It's fustrating and I think it's a game or latency issue more than anything. Im not saying there are no cheaters, but I think sometimes it's lag or lack of lag ect. Cheers my thoughts.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, I wasn’t suspicious of cheating. I’m not sure how (especially on console) someone even could cheat by dodging this much. But maybe...I guess there could be an animation cancel equivalent to creating a dodge.

I’ll try to save and add a video if I can find another instance of it. But my friend and I have been seeing the total number of dodges go way, way up in recent months. It doesn’t seem like a few players...just an ongoing thing with everyone. I even feel like I dodge attacks weirdly at times without doing anything - I see someone cast a really identifiable attack at me, then nothing.

My initial thought was that somehow the evasion rng gets stuck and procs multiple dodges in a row. Or that the animation “improvements” we got a couple of months ago have made how evasions and dodge abilities look, so that an opponent is actually rolling or shielding and I’m just seeing them stand still.

No idea...but I was just wondering if there was some super evasion technique (intended) I should try.
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if youre attacking from range that skill is called Miats
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Manual dodgeroll + Shuffle
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    get a combat log
    post here

that is allways the comment we see, along with

"make a video of it"

and when we do it is allways met with how bad WE are as a player and that WE are the failure and also that we named and shamed and then they report us.

the fact remains that this is cheating and i have no idea how to stop it from happening in eso.

You have no idea if it’s cheating or not. All you know is some guy said a bunch of his attacks were dodged. And now you’re 100% convinced that it’s cheating.

I enjoy trying to imagine how this game must be for you. All these cheaters running around, and you reporting them, but nobody is listening to you. You keep trying to show everyone how right you are, but you’re never able to get anyone banned. You get frustrated - ZOS is letting all these cheaters play free, and here you are, a talented player, who’s only losing because all these cheaters are getting away with it. ZOS is greedy, they just want their subscription money. That must be why they don’t ban the people you report. But still... all those PvP losses piling up because of these cheaters, and nobody listening to your clear warnings... life is hard. Your only solace is knowing that you have the moral high ground as you continue to submit reports that you know won’t accomplish anything. So you keep at it, even though it isn’t easy, and even though it’s thankless work, because life isn’t easy.

Meanwhile, to everyone else, you’re just someone who consistently whines, makes excuses, and hurls unfounded insults at players better than him. Isn’t perspective an interesting thing?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, Im no expert but I try to look at it in a sober way; 6-8 dodgerolls in a row, is with max CP used into reducing cost for dodgeroll (tumbling), plus medium armour and maybe bow bonus(?) not unobtainable. In fact, when pulling off ranged attacks in keep fights, it happens quite often. Dodge x 6 to get out of range, means someone is using that addon which makes ranged and charged attacks useless. And they wont run out of stamina either with the right setup. Then you have medium armour active skill, shuffle, or for NB, evasion. Both will make you dodge every now and then. As a NB if I try to make a kill into a group of players (eg. I see this guy with no shields up and hp belov 20k I often try the surprise kill into his group) when I ambush with other players nearby, I would pop shuffle+potion of immovability, run in try to get the kill within 2 secs, cloak and shuffle out with dodgerolls for the speedbuff. Now there will be several trying to kill me obviously, chasing me with magelight etc. and I will probably dodge several attacks, 8 seems reasonable tbh. With cowards gear etc you could probably pull off even more without it being too fishy I think, especially if the chase is long, as you regenerate stam as well during the chase.Often Medium armour players WILL just dodgeroll though when near enemy players, for the speedbuff, also consider that. I know I saved my ass by accident several times because of this. I just get the feeling I should speed up, dodgeroll and bam I get the message dodge, dodge, dodge, miss, miss on me :)
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on December 31, 2017 12:27PM
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll have to remember a couple things:

The "dodge roll effect" actually carries over for a short duration after you think the dodge roll animation has already completed, so usually it's best to give a second and a half after you see a dodge roll, otherwise you'll likely waste your resources on skills that don't land.

Major evasion has a similar functionality. The 15% is actually a chance to essentially proc a second long dodge roll. Everything cast at him/her within that one second window will be automatically dodged. I think dots do get through the evasion proc, but I'm not 100% sure.

And if you are fighting a stamblade on top of that, cloak force misses dots and direct damage targeted skills, so it is quite possible to fight players that reduce an easy 80% of your attacks to do 0 damage to them.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As terrible as it is & this is the only real option, this post will also likely be deleted.
    You basically have to talk to the opposing player & get them so angry they mess up by saying things like racial slurs or saying they are going to hurt you irl, I know 2 or 3 unfortunate instances where ZOS has permanently banned good friends of mine for losing their cool like that, even if it was taken out of context.
    One of the players actually had to swap isp's because they did an ip ban on him. He still plays & it takes them a few months to figure out his new ip/account & he keeps getting banned & keeps switch ip's & has to level new toons on new accounts each time. He's become very efficient at leveling lol
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

The "dodge roll effect" actually carries over for a short duration after you think the dodge roll animation has already completed, so usually it's best to give a second and a half after you see a dodge roll, otherwise you'll likely waste your resources on skills that don't land.

Major evasion has a similar functionality. The 15% is actually a chance to essentially proc a second long dodge roll. Everything cast at him/her within that one second window will be automatically dodged. I think dots do get through the evasion proc, but I'm not 100% sure.

And if you are fighting a stamblade on top of that, cloak force misses dots and direct damage targeted skills, so it is quite possible to fight players that reduce an easy 80% of your attacks to do 0 damage to them.

And again, Incorrect. There is no second long dodge roll on Major Evasion lol. That would be so OP. I dont get why people still think stuff like this. It would take 1 heavy armor build in 1v10 (before this patch that removed shuffle from heavy armor) to have like at least 50% uptime on dodge :D You could jump in 20 mobs in dungeon and take nearly no damage.
    Edited by SodanTok on January 1, 2018 2:00PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That dodge 100% for 1s thing is fake news. You got bamboozled, son. Many people think that because of the lingering 100% dodge chance from dodge roll.

What they need to do is update certain animations (dodge roll, heavy attack) to match the new duration of the skill / ability / effect. These things don’t work the way they used to, but the anjmation still remains unchanged...

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    Manual dodgeroll + Shuffle

it must be. i see 'dodged' a LOT on my combat addon, and i'm watching the player at the time who does not dodge, he is simply running, so i assume it's shuffle causing the info to display incorrectly.

however, if it's not, something is severely broken/being exploited.

• IEatCivics
    IEatCivics
    ✭✭✭
    At 4:20 of this video you can see a spam of dodges on me. X Box so no addons or cheats. I'm in the middle of a dodge roll and I have Minor Evasion on with my Warden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woo-v21m-Po
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    When you dodge roll or shuffle procs, it opens a short window of time in which EVERYTHING is dodged during that time.

For instance, If you animation cancel a combo of 3 hits and it took less than a second for you to do but you opponent rolled, you will see multiple dodges and misses.

Sometimes not animation cancelling and being slower makes you land more attacks.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IEatCivics wrote: »
    At 4:20 of this video you can see a spam of dodges on me. X Box so no addons or cheats. I'm in the middle of a dodge roll and I have Minor Evasion on with my Warden.

Yeah that’s the lingering 100% dodge chance from a dodge roll due to the dodge roll animation being too short. That is certainly not your minor evasion going off 10 times in half a second.

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    When you dodge roll or shuffle procs, it opens a short window of time in which EVERYTHING is dodged during that time.

For instance, If you animation cancel a combo of 3 hits and it took less than a second for you to do but you opponent rolled, you will see multiple dodges and misses.

Sometimes not animation cancelling and being slower makes you land more attacks.

No window on shuffle. Please. Stop. Spreading. This. Nonsense.
  • IEatCivics
    IEatCivics
    ✭✭✭

Yeah that’s the lingering 100% dodge chance from a dodge roll due to the dodge roll animation being too short. That is certainly not your minor evasion going off 10 times in half a second.

Minor/Major Evasion won't proc multiple times like that. Just letting you know what was on.
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭

This
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That dodge 100% for 1s thing is fake news. You got bamboozled, son. Many people think that because of the lingering 100% dodge chance from dodge roll.

What they need to do is update certain animations (dodge roll, heavy attack) to match the new duration of the skill / ability / effect. These things don’t work the way they used to, but the anjmation still remains unchanged...

I mean say what you will, when some guy is in the middle of attacking me, well after a dodge roll has concluded (as in global cooldowns have allowed several attacks from the enemy, and my light attack + cfrag/crushing is auto dodged by shuffle at the same time.

I didn't mean EVERYTHING is dodged, curse/streak/dots/whatever undodgeable skills will still get through.

I guess it's possible that I'm wrong, as I've only been fighting major evasion in open world cyro for 2 years, and it's hard to make accurate mechanical observations.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean say what you will, when some guy is in the middle of attacking me, well after a dodge roll has concluded (as in global cooldowns have allowed several attacks from the enemy, and my light attack + cfrag/crushing is auto dodged by shuffle at the same time.

I didn't mean EVERYTHING is dodged, curse/streak/dots/whatever undodgeable skills will still get through.

I guess it's possible that I'm wrong, as I've only been fighting major evasion in open world cyro for 2 years, and it's hard to make accurate mechanical observations.

Of course you are wrong. Try imagine just for a second how would fights in PVP looked if every dodgeable attack had 15% chance to proc 1 second of 100% dodge.
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STAMINA NIGHTBLADES MOST BROKEN CLASS EVER, THEY DODGE ROLL FOR EVER AND SPAM CLOAK LIKE NOTHING.

I DONT EVEN BOTHER FIGHTING THEM. I CANT EVEN BELIEVE THERE WAS A TIME WHEN THEY WERE EVEN MORE OP WITH PROC SETS CAUSE EVEN NOW THEY ONE SHOT EVERYTHING.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    There are some skills atm that supress the dodgeroll animation if you have the right timing.

It´s infuriating to fight against.

Well, there are skill that can be casted before de dodge roll and that hit while rolling. It's a very elaborated cancel
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STAMINA NIGHTBLADES MOST BROKEN CLASS EVER, THEY DODGE ROLL FOR EVER AND SPAM CLOAK LIKE NOTHING.

I DONT EVEN BOTHER FIGHTING THEM. I CANT EVEN BELIEVE THERE WAS A TIME WHEN THEY WERE EVEN MORE OP WITH PROC SETS CAUSE EVEN NOW THEY ONE SHOT EVERYTHING.

It is called "skill". Most of the people that complains about NBs in general has never tried the class. They have a lot of weak points (starting for magicka poison) and only can do dmg on ganking.

Any well rounded build can survive the gank and hunt down the NB easily, just practice your dodgeroll whenever you hera an arrow

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

And again, Incorrect. There is no second long dodge roll on Major Evasion lol. That would be so OP. I dont get why people still think stuff like this. It would take 1 heavy armor build in 1v10 (before this patch that removed shuffle from heavy armor) to have like at least 50% uptime on dodge :D You could jump in 20 mobs in dungeon and take nearly no damage.

Maybe they are using Glorious defender...

:|

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
This discussion has been closed.