The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Maw of Lorkhaj Final Boss - Game Crashes

Hibiki54
Hibiki54
✭✭✭
I'm having an issue with my game crashing when facing Rhakkat in Maw of Lorkhaj. Throughout the entire trial I would have zero issues in terms of general game stability and performance. However, when the fight begins or during the final fight, my game would CTD and give an crash report message that I always submit.

My issue is that I found a way to fix it from recommendations from other end game players. I had to turn off all in game sound in order to participate without a single crash error. This seriously needs to get fixed because I play and listen to visual and sound queues from bosses when I'm tanking. Having the sound off is like taking away the majority of my enjoyment in the game because I really like all the music and special effects that ZOS composers have put into the game. Its a damn shame.
@Hibiki54
PC/NA
Hibiki the White Mage - Altmer|Templar Healer (main)
Hibiki the Warrior - Imperial|Dragonknight Tank
Hibiki the Red Mage - Redguard|Stamina Sorceress DD
Hibiki the Black Mage - Altmer|Magicka Pet Sorceress DD
Hibiki the Summoner - Breton|Warden Tank
Hibiki the Thief - Bosmer|Stamina Nightblade PvP
Hibiki the Knight - Nord|Stamina Templar DD
Hibiki the Dragoon - Reguard|Stamina Dragonknight DD
Hibiki the Onion Knight - Dunmer|Sorceress Tank
Hibiki the Holy Knight - Altmer|Magicka Templar DD
Hibiki the Geomancer - Altmer|Dragonknight Tank
Hibiki the Ninja - Imperial|Nightblade Tank
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Hibiki54

Since turning off the sound resolved the crash, there could be an issue with your ESO sound files or the sound card drivers. Running a repair and updating drivers may help with this specific crash.

Repair through the launcher:
    1. Start The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launcher.
    2. Click on Game Option on top of the News section, and click on the option for Repair.
    3. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This will take some time.
    4. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Refresh Audio Drivers:
    1. Click the Start Globe and then right click on Computer and select Manage.
    2. Select Device Manager from the System Tools section.
    3. Open the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section and choose your sound device from the list.
    4. Double click to open the Properties Menu" and then select the Drivers tab
    5. From here you can roll back your drivers to a previous version to see if this will help.

To update your audio drivers, please visit your hardware manufacturer's website and check for available updates.

If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please contact Customer Support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I and several members of my guild had this issue trying to complete normal MoL two weeks ago. Eventually we had to give up. I attempted to lower graphic settings to no avail. I think that may have worked for one of our players. I will see about the sound issue, but I suspect since it is just the final boss fight, it's a problem on the game side there.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Supertoy31
    Supertoy31
    ✭✭
    there is no prob from the game, its well known :'D

Its always client sided.

More than just the pleasur, the sound is needed just for playing since there is alot of "sounds warning" that are more than helpful!
    Arkadium
  • Hibiki54
    Hibiki54
    ✭✭✭
    Updating my audio drivers worked. I also disabled/uninstalled useless Nvidia audio drivers in case that was causing a conflict.

@ZOS_BillE Can you please close this. Problem solved.
    @Hibiki54
    PC/NA
    Hibiki the White Mage - Altmer|Templar Healer (main)
    Hibiki the Warrior - Imperial|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Red Mage - Redguard|Stamina Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Black Mage - Altmer|Magicka Pet Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Summoner - Breton|Warden Tank
    Hibiki the Thief - Bosmer|Stamina Nightblade PvP
    Hibiki the Knight - Nord|Stamina Templar DD
    Hibiki the Dragoon - Reguard|Stamina Dragonknight DD
    Hibiki the Onion Knight - Dunmer|Sorceress Tank
    Hibiki the Holy Knight - Altmer|Magicka Templar DD
    Hibiki the Geomancer - Altmer|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Ninja - Imperial|Nightblade Tank
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let you know. I've had the exact same problem (for few months, I think). The crashes would happen every time I was using Logitech g933 headset as default sound device. So I've sticked to using different, sennheiser headphones and a separate mic with my on board audio for MOL (the sound quality is much better anyway, but this setup is not as convenient to use). I'll try to check whether driver update for g933 is available and whether it solves the issue.
    Supertoy31 wrote: »
    there is no prob from the game, its well known :'D

Its always client sided.

More than just the pleasur, the sound is needed just for playing since there is alot of "sounds warning" that are more than helpful!

It turns out some instabilities are actually client sided :D.
    Edited by tommalmm on November 27, 2017 9:08AM
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you explain the same issue on console? It’s a bug with sound for sure. There is a point between 2nd to 3rd pad where sound blips and crashes tend to happen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and same bs.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over two years old we will be closing the discussion. If you have located a bug while playing you can report it in the Bug Report forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.