Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't women wear beards? This is sexist crap.

curlyqloub14_ESO
curlyqloub14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Dear ZoS, this is utter [snip]. None of the "girly" hairstyles, makeup, or dresses are restricted to only female characters. Anyone who wants to equip that stuff on their male character is free to do so, and yet the beard ....

N1NjnVM.png

This isn't the first item like this. There are posts dating back years full of people complaining about restrictions to items like this. ZoS representatives have promised changes in the future on more than on occasion, and yet, no change. Why am I not surprised?

The items limited to a certain race are bad enough, but to restrict one gender and not the other is flat out sexist.

If i have to look a big orc-man in a wedding dress, I want to be able to put a damn beard on my female elf. Make it so!

[Edited to remove profanity]
Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 17, 2017 2:22PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZoS, this is utter [snip]. None of the "girly" hairstyles, makeup, or dresses are restricted to only female characters. Anyone who wants to equip that stuff on their male character is free to do so, and yet the beard ....

N1NjnVM.png

This isn't the first item like this. There are posts dating back years full of people complaining about restrictions to items like this. ZoS representatives have promised changes in the future on more than on occasion, and yet, no change. Why am I not surprised?

The items limited to a certain race are bad enough, but to restrict one gender and not the other is flat out sexist.

If i have to look a big orc-man in a wedding dress, I want to be able to put a damn beard on my female elf. Make it so!

Lol, why not? I can just see a bunch of bosmer women running around with gentlemans stach's. xD

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 17, 2017 2:23PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

N1NjnVM.png

Lol, why not? I can just see a bunch of bosmer women running around with gentlemans stach's. xD

I am tired of being called tiny and adorable. although this might attract a whole other crowd...

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 17, 2017 2:23PM
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing sexist about a woman not having a beard
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll a female Khajiit and have hair everywhere .
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a joke? Literally any man can put on makeup or female clothes. I don’t think any women can grow beards like that. If they can, they’re an anomaly.

Not necessarily saying it shouldn’t be done for *** and giggles, especially with all the drag queen Orcs running around. But don’t act like there’s no logic behind the decision to restrict it.
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on November 17, 2017 2:34AM
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    Is this a joke? Literally any man can put on makeup or female clothes. I don’t think any women can grow beards like that. If they can, they’re an anomaly.

Not necessarily saying it shouldn’t be done for *** and giggles, especially with all the drag queen Orcs running around. But don’t act like there’s no logic behind the decision to restrict it.

Um, it's a fantasy game. If we can ride giant lizards like horses and resurrect ourselves indefinitely, I think women can grow beards.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well to be fair the men don’t really grow them either. Just wave your magic plastic card and they just show up. Id assume they were magical... probably work on a woman... heck some one turned a cat into a queen.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on November 17, 2017 2:39AM
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ereboz wrote: »
    There's nothing sexist about a woman not having a beard

Agreed.
    Sexist would be more like females not being able to wear heavy armour, or only getting to choose bikini armour.

This just a restriction that suits the vast majority of the population.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are you wanting a beard on your female character lol
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you wanting a beard on your female character lol

tend to agree with this
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, it's a fantasy game. If we can ride giant lizards like horses and resurrect ourselves indefinitely, I think women can grow beards.

I think ZOS has the final say on what a woman in their world can physically do. When my male orc can rock a solid D cup, then your bosmer female can have a beard.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, bearded ladies would definitely not be lore friendly. Why would you even want that?
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of a poem I wrote a long time ago...

"I wanna be me
    I wanna be weird
    I wanna be me
    And grow a beard"

Yes, I'm female XD
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Classic fallacy at its finest. There are still biological laws and probabilities, even if fictional. You can’t just say there can be a character with an ass for a head just because there are unrealistic elements in the game. Women don’t grow beards in the Elder Scrolls. There’s not a single woman in any Elder Scrolls game with a beard.

Again, I’m not saying it shouldn’t be done just because. But there’s no logic behind the argument for it and there’s no logic behind the argument against the restriction.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭

Classic fallacy at its finest. There are still biological laws and probabilities, even if fictional. You can’t just say there can be a character with an ass for a head just because there are unrealistic elements in the game. Women don’t grow beards in the Elder Scrolls. There’s not a single woman in any Elder Scrolls game with a beard.

Again, I’m not saying it shouldn’t be done just because. But there’s no logic behind the argument for it and there’s no logic behind the argument against the restriction.

You forgot about the Nord Draugr in Skyrim. There are pics of female Draugr with beards.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Good point. Now if only there was a school of magic in elders scrolls completely designed around tricking the eye and or making someone see what you want them to see. Or say one designed around changing the very nature of physics and biology.

If that were true, then this could be completely lore friendly, even if it has never been done before. What a shame those things don’t exsist in lore...
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see the point..if male characters can equip female stuff than it should be vice versa as well
  • Malnutrition
    Malnutrition
    ✭✭✭
    NO.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good point. Now if only there was a school of magic in elders scrolls completely designed around tricking the eye and or making someone see what you want them to see. Or say one designed around changing the very nature of physics and biology.

If that were true, then this could be completely lore friendly, even if it has never been done before. What a shame those things don’t exsist in lore...
    Because there’s totally logic behind using illusion magic to make yourself more noticeable.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    Dear ZoS, this is utter bullsh*t. None of the "girly" hairstyles, makeup, or dresses are restricted to only female characters. Anyone who wants to equip that stuff on their male character is free to do so, and yet the beard ....

N1NjnVM.png

I am tired of being called tiny and adorable. although this might attract a whole other crowd...

Well stop being tiny and adorable.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for beards for female chars.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because there’s totally logic behind using illusion magic to make yourself more noticeable.

Id certainly be more afraid of fighting a woman with a nice beard. And woman with a slender twirled mustache would right creep me
    Out. Seems a good use of illusion magic, weakening a foes resolve.

• LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Id certainly be more afraid of fighting a woman with a nice beard. And woman with a slender twirled mustache would right creep me
    Out. Seems a good use of illusion magic, weakening a foes resolve.

Now that would be fun.
    However until we get an illusion magic skill line with the spell 'summon beard', I think we are out of luck.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't my male character have boobs? This is sexist.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Time to make your own thread. There seem to be a several people in this very thread who would support your effort.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on November 17, 2017 3:29AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll a female Khajiit and have hair everywhere .
    Best answer in this thread.

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also want a toon with boobs on his head or else I feel that is being discriminatory against someone/something...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooooo.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually there have been several female only things. The subtle dark lashes that are no longer in the store were female only. And I think they could work on a male character just as well.

But yes. Beards for women and eye lashes for men!
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually there have been several female only things. The subtle dark lashes that are no longer in the store were female only. And I think they could work on a male character just as well.

But yes. Beards for women and eye lashes for men!

Sure, fine, if men want to wear eyelashes, they should be able to. Any of this stuff could be qualified as "costumes or disguises" in which case the things others have mentioned such lore or logic or biology (that one made me laugh) don't really matter.
This discussion has been closed.