Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK is Dead!

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
DPS: Burst is too low to finish the kill.

Heal: Shield spam, cloak spam, tree ult spam, breath of life spam is stronger than DK healing.

Tank: Mag DK, Templars, Wardens, Sorcs, and Nightblades all tank just as good or better.

Sustain: Sustain is just as good or better on the other classes.

Mobility: Stam DK is the worst in the game.

RIP Stam DK. Thanks ZOS for making my favorite character not fun to play anymore. Nothing special about Stam DK anymore.
Edited by Skoomah on November 8, 2017 10:50PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And yet I see a crap ton of stamDKs in both pve and pvp.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited for being a @$$
    Edited by imredneckson on November 14, 2017 2:19AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this is a L2P issue.

Skoomah is a top tier PvP stam DK.

But his Stam DK, like my Stam DK, did not go down the cliche "Turtle tank then burst" path.

The stam DK as a pvp damage dealer is dead... the removal of shuffle from heavy killed its ability to kite, which was the only thing it had left.

Now if you want to play a DK effectively and efficiently in a way that cannot be better achieved by another class you have to play it as a tank.

And screw that...

I rerolled stamplar and am now working on a stamden, which is a weird mix between stam dk and stamplar...

skoomah you should do the same.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

But his Stam DK, like my Stam DK, did not go down the cliche "Turtle tank then burst" path.

The stam DK as a pvp damage dealer is dead... the removal of shuffle from heavy killed its ability to kite, which was the only thing it had left.

Now if you want to play a DK effectively and efficiently in a way that cannot be better achieved by another class you have to play it as a tank.

And screw that...

I rerolled stamplar and am now working on a stamden, which is a weird mix between stam dk and stamplar...

Then @Skoomah I do apologies for me saying L2P. I will check myself before talking next time.

I've talked with a few Stam DKs and some are running medium armor but are using Fortified Brass to keep themselves tanky, still have some decent damage, shuffle, and have better mobility than they ever had in heavy armor. If ya don't want to switch give this set a short for a few and then pick whatcha want to do.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the feeling stamDK are everywhere :/
  • Renan
    Renan
    ✭✭✭
    Overheal sets killed small scale pvp
    Champion Rank 3100 == (PC/NA)
    Evil ßæ - Lvl 50 Magicka Nightblade - EP ßaby Ðont Gank Me - Lvl 50 Stamina Dragonknight - EP That Cat Behind You - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP Run You Fools - Lvl 50 Stamina Warden -EP R E N A N - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade (Main) - EP How Do I Leave Cyrodiil - - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP The Fall Damage - Lvl 50 Sorcerer - EP ßackstreak ßoys - Lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer -EP Renan Daemon - Lvl 50 Stamina Arcanist - EP and others 9 EP toons Flawless Conqueror Master Angler Tamriel Hero Grand Overlord Spirit Slayer Godslayer Ad DC and EP Former Emperor Player Since 2014
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And screw that...

Then @Skoomah I do apologies for me saying L2P. I will check myself before talking next time.

I've talked with a few Stam DKs and some are running medium armor but are using Fortified Brass to keep themselves tanky, still have some decent damage, shuffle, and have better mobility than they ever had in heavy armor. If ya don't want to switch give this set a short for a few and then pick whatcha want to do.

I switched to argonian and medium armor. Argonian passives gives about the same resource ,health and plus healong as the heavy armor passives.
    Works great for me thus far.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I get the feeling stamDK are everywhere :/

They are, they're the most common class. They're also the most whiny
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

Heal: Shield spam, cloak spam, tree ult spam, breath of life spam is stronger than DK healing.

Tank: Mag DK, Templars, Wardens, Sorcs, and Nightblades all tank just as good or better.

RIP Stam DK. Thanks ZOS for making my favorite character not fun to play anymore. Nothing special about Stam DK anymore.

Literally there are more stamDKs running around in Vivec on Xbox N.A. than any other class. Although obvious troll post when you said that all other classes were better tanks.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm another longtime stam dk player frustrated with the class. No strong spammable, no reliable burst combos. My 2 month old stamblade feels stronger than my 3.5 year old stam dk. WTB poison whip.
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    I'm another longtime stam dk player frustrated with the class. No strong spammable, no reliable burst combos. My 2 month old stamblade feels stronger than my 3.5 year old stam dk. WTB poison whip.

When magDK gets a proper way to sustain their whip (without the need of off-balance) you can have your poison whip :D

It´s interesting how one class (stamDK) can be the most dominant class in PvE (best single target DPS in the game) but at the same time, a big part of the community feels the class is getting weaker and weaker in PvP. Interesting to say at least :P
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    xylena wrote: »

When magDK gets a proper way to sustain their whip (without the need of off-balance) you can have your poison whip :D

It´s interesting how one class (stamDK) can be the most dominant class in PvE (best single target DPS in the game) but at the same time, a big part of the community feels the class is getting weaker and weaker in PvP. Interesting to say at least :P

Wish they buff battle roar the sustain changes hurt a lot hurt even more when they double triple nerf dk but nothing new there.

Yes stam dk are very good in pve but that’s bc DoTs with a cheap spamable and heavy attacks. In pvp this kind of set up just does not work well but I’m sure you know that. It’s why they really should separate balance in pvp and pve.

Devs said they wanted the transition from pve into pvp to feel natural and want to keep all skills working the same. This really does not work people already have completely different set up and skills just for pvp and pve. This is why so many classes suffer from change made just from pvp or just from pve. Both cause huge nerfs that end up making a class a button feeder in either aspect of the game. If they would just separate the two play style we can balance skill out differently. This would be too much work for the devs and will never happen.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And screw that...

This.
    The fact you opened a stamden, u just did what ZOS wanted to happen to "Hold the ground" classes, buy the freaking dlc.
    Edited by amir412 on November 9, 2017 9:09AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

And screw that...

This.
    The fact you opened a stamden, u just did what ZOS wanted to happen to "Hold the ground" classes, buy the freaking dlc.

Dude I preordered the DLC as soon as it went on sale. My stamden hit level 50 yesterday. It isn’t like I’m a victim of some grand conspiracy.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argument: Stam dk easymode is over, maybe
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I definitely don't see that many aggro stam DK's these days. Most are just Turtle > Burst which is not a lot of fun to play against.

I suppose I am a tad biased in thinking that DK's aren't in a terrible spot, but then again, I am mostly basing that line of thought on the fact that they still tend to be the class that gives me the most trouble to kill.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree sadly, stam Dk is currently the worst class in my opinion. Not enough damage, not tanky, no mobility, no group utility and also not strong 1vs1 anymore. Disgusting how badly they crushed stam Dk.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDK in pvp is a joke currently. Every time i see one i think to myself: "Well the worst outcome of this is they manage to survive somehow".

That indicates a problem imo.

Skander wrote: »
    Argument: Stam dk easymode is over, maybe

Man if ppl would comment that on templar topics you´d go ballistic.
    We´re not talking about average joe stamDK - ppl that played the class since 1.6 or even before that are abandoning it bc it´s no longer competetive in pvp.
    Contrary to the position templar or mDK is in there are also no newbloods that can put up a good fight. Every stamDK i see simply gets stomped.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamdk is just bad right now.
    You can't use it in small-scale as it is outclassed by stamwarden in utility, survivability and dmg.
    In larger groups a dk has nothing to offer there is no reason you should ever have 1 stamdk in your group.

For solo play a dk is missing burst and mobility or survivability and burst.

The last defence that's left for dks is permablock which can now be countered by 4 classes with cc's that go through block or skills that ignore block.
    And when going full turtle mode you lose even more damage ---> healing.
    With 7th legion + fury you can reach crazy high damage but you have to eat lots of *** before that.
    A nb with incap+fear+SA will pressure you much more than any other class as your stats are based on the time you eat damage meaning burst combo don't benefit you a lot making it hard to fight against good players who won't pressure you too much when they are not trying to burst you.
    As you miss wpn dmg your healing is crap so even if you hold block the damage through block is still higher than the amount of healing you get.

The next huge Problem of stamdk is that they can't kite in any way, shape or form. Your whole toolkit is based around standing your ground making heavy armor the best choice but with heavy armor you lose mobility and in open world pvp it doesn't matter how tanky you are, the zerg will get you if you can't get away.
    Even if you can tank 10 ppl at the time you won't kill anyone of them and then their friends will show up.
    Does this mean 1 player should win against 10 - No but he should have an opportunity to escape or survive and on a stamdk you have no chance.
    No purge, no snare removal, not enough burst to nuke small amounts of players fast enough before their friends show up, no kiting tools.

Stamdk is the worst class in the game for open world pvp.

In duels they are fine i guess but i have not enough data to back this up. Maybe @Derra or @DDuke can answer that
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

do like me , take a break ( and don't renew eso plus)and plays something else ..
    I was expecting a Medium armour revitalization and a " fix " to heavy armour ; in fact the change has touched the stamina classes in heavy ; Magicka class ( MDK and templar ) No .
    if you play in small group or solo , sDK in medium does not work ( I tried the fortified brass etc ..but in practice it does not work for me )

I have absolutely no intention of playing the f*****g warden's stamina,is a ridiculous class , bad balance and of course in stamina version ( with heavy armour ) can be played without problems ...pay for win

good luck to those who will continue to endure the ridiculous choices of zos !!
    Edited by melloni_aleb16_ESO on November 9, 2017 1:09PM
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until it's not dead in PVE nobody cares and it performs there just fine so don't bother yourself with creating threads like this because people who have never played stamdk or played it casually will tell you it is still an okay class.
    It's still an okay class if you wanna go a full *** tank mode with zero damage output while holding block though.
    Fits some people playstyle who pretend to "pvp".

There is basically no point to keep playing it when you can perform with the same gear better on any other stamina class.
    Before trolls will go back with their awesome arguments I can tell you that my main is a stamina dk for almost 4 years and still is + I have played every other class to see the crazy difference, so maybe instead of making poor arguments go play stamdk for sometime and realize that It's just not fun anymore. Overall stamdk is the worst right now pvp wise.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until it's not dead in PVE nobody cares and it performs there just fine so don't bother yourself with creating threads like this because people who have never played stamdk or played it casually will tell you it is still an okay class.
    It's still an okay class if you wanna go a full *** tank mode with zero damage output while holding block though.

There is basically no point to keep playing it when you can perform with the same gear better on any other stamina class.
    Before trolls will go back with their awesome arguments I can tell you that my main is a stamina dk for almost 4 years and still is + I have played every other class to see the crazy difference, so maybe instead of making poor arguments go play stamdk for sometime and realize that It's just not fun anymore. Overall stamdk is the worst right now pvp wise.

Good point. In PvE (at least when it comes to DPS), stamina DK is #1 when it comes to single target DPS. And @BohnT gives a good explanation on how stamDK´s are in PvP. The difficult thing comes for ZOS to make the balancechanges. How do you buff a class for PvP without making it even stronger for PvE??

Let´s be real people, it´s not an easy task for ZOS
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5x Fury
    5x Bone Pirate
    2x Malubeth
    Give this a shot

Or

5x Reactive
    5x Witchman Armor
    2x Blood Spawn

Or

5x Clever Alchemist
    3x Agility
    2x Blood Spawn
    1x Maelstrom Maul/Bow

There are so many ways you can play a Stamina DK and have it be strong. Watch videos on YouTube to see how to play it, test your DPS on practice dummies at your home/guild house/ a buddy while dueling, and ask for some help from other stam dks.

Bloodspawn
    Clever Alchemist
    Werewolf Hide
    2 hand
    One hand and shield

Slaughterfest.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Good point. In PvE (at least when it comes to DPS), stamina DK is #1 when it comes to single target DPS. And @BohnT gives a good explanation on how stamDK´s are in PvP. The difficult thing comes for ZOS to make the balancechanges. How do you buff a class for PvP without making it even stronger for PvE??

Let´s be real people, it´s not an easy task for ZOS

One step would be a Stamina spammable for stamdk combined with a nerf to the dots to equal damage gained through the new spammable with damage loss with nerf to dots (the nerf would be very small as you have to reduce the new spammables dps with the current one).
    Whip is needed for magdk, ambers is needed for both mag and stamdk.
    A good spammable could be noxious breath, make it single target with added aoe around the target (like crystal explosion)
    Another thing could be stonefist, remove the cc, make it meele, increase the damage by a lot and let it apply minor heroism.

Let the other morph of wings remove snares and immobilizations and give snare + root immunity for 5 seconds. This would buff pvp dk a lot while it wouldn't affect PvE.

This would help stamdk a bit but as long as stamwarden has better damage, sustain, survivability and utility for the group there is no reason to run stamdk.

Stamwarden needs to be tuned down by removing major heroism, making birds dodgeable, fix z-axis bug of shalks and nerf the sustain a bit and fix north storm stun.

And what I forgot to mention stamdk has no chance against a player using eternal *** no matter what you do you'll never get to the enemy this set hard counters stamdk and all classes which are forced to run crit rush or invasion as a gap closer
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    You can't use it in small-scale as it is outclassed by stamwarden in utility, survivability and dmg.
    In larger groups a dk has nothing to offer there is no reason you should ever have 1 stamdk in your group.

The last defence that's left for dks is permablock which can now be countered by 4 classes with cc's that go through block or skills that ignore block.
    With 7th legion + fury you can reach crazy high damage but you have to eat lots of *** before that.
    A nb with incap+fear+SA will pressure you much more than any other class as your stats are based on the time you eat damage meaning burst combo don't benefit you a lot making it hard to fight against good players who won't pressure you too much when they are not trying to burst you.
    As you miss wpn dmg your healing is crap so even if you hold block the damage through block is still higher than the amount of healing you get.

The next huge Problem of stamdk is that they can't kite in any way, shape or form. Your whole toolkit is based around standing your ground making heavy armor the best choice but with heavy armor you lose mobility and in open world pvp it doesn't matter how tanky you are, the zerg will get you if you can't get away.
    Even if you can tank 10 ppl at the time you won't kill anyone of them and then their friends will show up.
    Does this mean 1 player should win against 10 - No but he should have an opportunity to escape or survive and on a stamdk you have no chance.
    No purge, no snare removal, not enough burst to nuke small amounts of players fast enough before their friends show up, no kiting tools.

In duels they are fine i guess but i have not enough data to back this up. Maybe @Derra or @DDuke can answer that

No one uses rune cage, sorcs use flame reach now not the trash rune cage that costs 3.5k for a 2.5 second stun
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

No one uses rune cage, sorcs use flame reach now not the trash rune cage that costs 3.5k for a 2.5 second stun

That's simply not true. It always depends how you want to play magsorc and from what i experience on pc EU is that you have a 50:50 chance of meeting a sorc that is using rune cage + curse stacking is still a thing with 3-4 sorcs you can wreck every solo player without counterplay.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Literally there are more stamDKs running around in Vivec on Xbox N.A. than any other class. Although obvious troll post when you said that all other classes were better tanks.

Those are reroll PvE stamDKs that leveled them last week and are now unlocking vigor and caltrops. Give it another two weeks. I doubt many will stay around.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know only 2 good stamina dks who did not respec or quit yet, that's how good stamina dk is.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK is Dead!
    That's what Soul Gems are for ...
    rolleyes.gif

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like that the fact that the class is so tanky warrants a thread on the forums whenever one dies.

Reminds me of that time I was once funny. At work they made a plaque especially to commemorate it.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
This discussion has been closed.