The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Things are getting scary.

Eyesinthedrk
Eyesinthedrk
✭✭✭✭✭
PvPers are getting bored with the game. Fighting Tanky zergs on the way to tear down and rebuild the same keeps over and over again for two years. It's just not fun for them any more.

PvEers are quitting. The sustain nerfs from morrowind have forced people to wear gear and play a style they never really wanted to play. So they don't. It's just not fun anymore.

Then the people like me that are left are struggling to put a group togeather to do anything because the first two left. So we're running pug groups just for something to do. Thats fine for here and there, but when it's all I do it gets boring too. So I end up shutting off the game earlier and earlier every day. Because it's just not fun anymore.

Like I said, things are getting scary
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Define "scary"
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d2 really made things bad for end game raiders like me. getting a solid core 12 people to run vmol vhof is painful enough, then they all move on and replacing experienced ppl is a hassle.

not only that, lag is so painful, rubber banding, horrible frames and by that time mechanics killed you. not really fun anymore, cant really say for pvp. all i know is, i will not do bg anymore if cp is a thing
    Edited by SoLooney on September 30, 2017 8:58PM
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvPers are getting bored with the game. Fighting Tanky zergs on the way to tear down and rebuild the same keeps over and over again for two years. It's just not fun for them any more.

PvEers are quitting. The sustain nerfs from morrowind have forced people to wear gear and play a style they never really wanted to play. So they don't. It's just not fun anymore.

Then the people like me that are left are struggling to put a group togeather to do anything because the first two left. So we're running pug groups just for something to do. Thats fine for here and there, but when it's all I do it gets boring too. So I end up shutting off the game earlier and earlier every day. Because it's just not fun anymore.

As an avid pvp player I havent played in months.. and, I was way over it when I was playing. Probably havent played seriously in 6 months. Everything I loved about the pvp has been destroyed.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Come over to see us in pve land, it's a bit crowded but pull up a dungeon and make yourself comfy :)
    Edited by Integral1900 on September 30, 2017 4:41PM
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's not much content for PvP. Cyrodiil can be boring after a month of playing, IC is obviously dead, because ZOS don't do anything to keep it alive and BG will become crap soon with unkillable tanky builds (especially If you are non-meta player).
    PC/EU
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Define "scary"

icon-teemo.jpg

^
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good changes are coming on pts. I personally pvp everyday, love it. But i pvp for combat, not for taking keeps over ave over in zergs. That gets old very fast.

My only complaints at this point are permanent blocking and the lag, latencies and bug issues.

Once they make a nerf like holding block for 4 or more seconds begins to drain your stamina, increasing with each second, the game will be better.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd believe this if I could enter a delve and not see other players sprinting past me on their way to quickly kill the boss, or if I could do a public dungeon without having to wait for bosses to appear and hope I get a hit in before those farming the boss bring him down. Certain zones getting a hit in on a dolman boss is among one of the hardest things to do in game. See a Columbine and unless you are way way off the beaten path you better sprint for it.

I will admit I am doing group activity with different people than I was when I started. Was in one guild doing trials that kinda fell apart but joined another that is running something almost nightly. Still a lot of players doing group stuff you just need to look around a bit.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a buddy of mine quit and said something similar. he was in a stage after yours i think, too many people leaving caused him to have to try and meet new people and figure out who knows what they are doing and who is full of it.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really is a dull game once you reach endgame. PvP has no sense of progression, it's essentially "biggest group wins" and the only really reason to go to Cyro seems to be getting AP for motifs to resell. PvE is alive to an extent, but the drive for vet content seems to have disappeared. Combat was fun before Morrowind, now it's all micromanaging and giving yourself carpal tunnel practicing rotations if you want to have a snowball's chance in hell of completing vet trials.

New players still have the new-game hype in their system. There's story content left to do, new places to go, but veteran players don't have that outside of the few hours of new we get from DLCs. Beyond that, it's just an endless grind that goes nowhere.
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is on PS4. Different culture - Different performance - Different priorities - Almost a different game.

• Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    :):)
    Edited by Alexandrious on September 30, 2017 6:35PM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cant find anyone to do pledges or trials with anymore. My friends list is so empty of active players, and those who are new on my list are still learning basic mechanics in general.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Define "scary"

nintchdbpict000315870838.jpg?strip=all&w=502
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on September 30, 2017 6:36PM
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Define "scary"

raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.jpg
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Define "scary"

nintchdbpict000315870838.jpg?strip=all&w=502

IT got nothing on Teemo
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm scared of sea monsters. Seriously, I don't like swimming in the ocean. Even brushing up against seaweed freaks me out.

I like swimming pools. Clean. Good visibility. No monsters trying to eat my legs.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I'm scared of sea monsters. Seriously, I don't like swimming in the ocean. Even brushing up against seaweed freaks me out.

I like swimming pools. Clean. Good visibility. No monsters trying to eat my legs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KG1CjFoX-8E
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my guilds folded after Morrowind. One has had a notable drop in activity. And one - mine, the one I built - lost 2/3 of its active players and no longer really does events or group activities.

But the trading guilds are still going strong. Hooray.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BOO!!!!!

latest?cb=20140606104612
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm. I'm a PvP player and haven't actually played in months. I log on for 10 - 30 mins maybe once every 2 weeks but the game is pretty much dead for me and, I assume, other players similar to me.

I don't see any Dlc that will bring me back anytime soon either. They would have to released something pretty major like Swell Crafting or something to get me engaged again.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

NnbnB1q.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    sorry i'v been playing ark lately, maybe i'll come back after the clockwork patch because i'll be able to change my maelstrom inferno into NOT defending, you know because 2 years of grinding gets you 2 defending inferno staffs, or you know maybe i wont, i don't know why i'm on this forum honestly.
    I'm a casual now
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Define "scary"

220px-Kirk_Cameron_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why I never have the desire to PvP. I don't have characters with PvP Builds, and I can only get steamrolled on my squishy characters so many times before I crack.

PvE though I think is fine....enough. It's a bit difficult finding Trial groups that form from the public and not from established guilds, but I think the population is still high.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The MAIN problem with PVP is everyone has 30k+ health in heavy armor, everyones a tank and you simply don't stand a chance when out numbered unless they're bad players.

Like look what they did to resources, bubbled into negates effectively killing off solo players and promoting group play their servers can't handle.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I have said before is ZOS is either intentionally trying to make the game worse (for reasons unknown), or simply doesn't know the direction to take the game (at all).

The Morrowind sustain nerfs were a legendarily bad idea, made the game less enjoyable with no noticeable upside. The game plays slower now and is overall less enjoyable. No problems were fixed.

BGs could've been something that could've helped PvP, but it was implemented so insanely badly that nobody plays, which I understand. Since it lacks incredibly basic features necessary for the game mode.

I would also agree that CP PvP is basically a ** show right now and in a terrible place.

They need to make game play more enjoyable again, something closer to how the game played a year ago, and adjust the meta away from unkillable tank builds that are not enjoyable to play along or against whatsoever.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Morrowind patch ruined PvE for sure, the only thing I enjoy playing is my stamina dk now, and all my other toons are really boring/frustrating. Pretty much since Morrowind came out I've only logged on an average of once every 2 weeks, which is mostly out of obligation to my guilds and such.

Clockwork City aren't really fixing any of the problems that are currently discouraging people from playing, so it won't keep people playing for long before it returns to the same situation we have right now.

I do think battlegrounds are pretty solid for pvp though, but that's about it.

It would be nice if they find some way of making at least the PvE portion fun again, since Cyrodiil will likely never change and always be a broken repetitive mess.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • icontrive
    icontrive
    ✭✭✭
    I would say even on these forums numbers are down. The amount of post and comments are lower than they were 6 months ago. People are moving on. This is what happens when you don’t communicate with your player base.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Define "scary"

scary is when the friends you've made over the last two years are slowly disappearing. And the thought of starting over after two years doesn't seem worth it.

This discussion has been closed.