Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

should you report someone who payed another player to do vet maelstrom for them?

Infinite12
Infinite12
✭✭✭✭
I know of someone who payed another person to log into their profile and complete vet maelstrom for them. Should I report this person? If so, how do I report this person?
[GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
My Characters
Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can it be proved? It's legal to log in from different locations. So just having a different ip address is not enough.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why you should tbh.
    It has no impact on game economy/mechanics
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont approve of it but there's no harm to the game or community. I would let it go.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, not at all. nothing wrong with it.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool. I was just curious. Thanks for the input
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'll never prove it.

And who cares?
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame on the person who paid for it.
    There is no shame if you can't beat it, but shame for cheaters and no guts to get good.
    Edited by akl77 on September 15, 2017 6:17AM
    Pc na
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them rats though...

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ii-the-secret-of-the-ooze-tmnt-splinter-tgri-600x300.jpg
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And on ps4, people "share play" which is an advertise feature for the ps4. As cr@p as it is, it can not be helped.
    Edited by Bhaal5 on September 15, 2017 6:19AM
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are two people in life: People that report inane **** that doesn't affect them and the people who live longer.
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    Just cheating themselves dont sweat on it. Gold sellers and bots however....
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just cheating themselves dont sweat on it. Gold sellers and bots however....

This
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account-sharing is prohibited by the UELA tho, unless you live in the same household (wich they can never proof you shared).
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    I know of someone who payed another person to log into their profile and complete vet maelstrom for them. Should I report this person? If so, how do I report this person?

Why do you even care?
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect OP was the kind of kid to call out their parent/guardian for taking 2 free samples instead of 1
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ummmm, obvious question - how much?
    Edited by geonsocal on September 15, 2017 8:12AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    ummmm, obvious question - how much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it may be cheating- but its not a competitive e sport- its just a game- this isnt botting. ever play a game with your girlfriend- and she cant pass a stage and she passes you the controller so you can do it for her?
    i dont think its the best thing- cos look it does give access to something that is better earned- but at the same time- im not going to get soemone banned over it either.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if the number at the end of your forum tag is your age...
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    Only if the number at the end of your forum tag is your age...

That would make you 69, ya pervy old coot!!
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who was this person that the other person paid? How much did they pay?

Asking for a friend.

Jk.

Maybe.
  • AriokoSan
    AriokoSan
    ✭✭✭
    No, you shouldn't report that person. The fact that you even think you need too, then come on a forum and ask! [Edit]

[Edit for bash]
    Edited by ZOS_MattL on September 15, 2017 1:25PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are the kind of guy who would be a rat if you were in prison...wouldn't you!!?????!??

;,,,,;

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. You probably can't prove it.
    2. You should feel sad for them.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't impact the game or other players in any way. Who cares? Let it go.
    Report botting. This isn't botting.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    And on ps4, people "share play" which is an advertise feature for the ps4. As cr@p as it is, it can not be helped.

^This, at least on the ps4 this was a selling point to be able to let other players jump into your game and help out with difficult stuff.
    With Share Play, you can even jump into a game to assist a friend. For example, if there is part of a game that you can't quite finish, you can invite a friend to take over your controls. Like handing over the controller to a friend on your couch, your screen will be shared as your friend gets through the part of the game that has been giving you trouble—can't get past that part in The Last of Us: Remastered when you're hanging upside down? Get a little help.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, why would you? Just mind your own...
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP are you 12? This game is rated M..
  • 0utLaw
    0utLaw
    ✭✭✭

Rat
    Edited by 0utLaw on September 15, 2017 11:22AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically you probably should because it's a case of breach of ToS in two ways.

The first is account sharing, which whilst there is the case someone could log in whilst on holiday, depending on the geographical locations of the two IP's use it may not be possible for someone to travel those two locations within that time frame.
    This isn't something MMO games go out to hunt though, normally the rule is to protect you from account theft or bans when the person you shared with does something wrong.
    As an example if the person who was paid to run vMA went and sold a stack of gold and got caught, ZOS might look at accounts connected to that IP then flag the other persons and extend the ban there. This happens in other MMO games I have played and is one reason they say don't account share.

The second issue we have here is "paid" if it was gold then eh, not much can be said. However if it's real money then this also moved into the realms of RMT. Which is the scum that undermines MMO games.

As for if you should report the person, that's your choice alone, however if you do it's best to just send a message to the devs or community team (Jess/Gina) and then leave the issue be.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
This discussion has been closed.