Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it legitimate to close 3 pages long thread because there was mentioned name of other game once?

Kneighbors
Kneighbors
✭✭✭✭✭
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371202/zos-youre-going-to-lose-more-and-more-players-if-you-dont-improve/p1

Just look at this thread. 3 pages filled with constructive thoughts of forum community, over 10 players replying giving their opinions and *BOOM* all of a sudden thread closed.

Claiming it's because of promotion of other games. I went every post backwards to find where was the conversation about other games, and only saw that the OP ( @WhoSlappedThePie ) mentioned a name of a game and noone even talked about this giving 0 attention to it, while mod decided it gives him legitimacy to close entire thread full of peoples ongoing conversations (actually it was closed in the middle of me writing a reply).

Personally I dislike this kind of attitude towards peoples conversation. Don't like the name of the game there? Edit it and remove it. I remember there was a mod who was doing it this way, removing bad parts but leaving people to have their conversation. I would like to see ESO as a strong player not afraid of competition. If we start closing every thread where someone will mention name of any other game it won't bring a positive result in a long run. Leave aside that it shows some kind of fear or weakness.
Edited by Kneighbors on September 13, 2017 3:16PM

Is it legitimate to close 3 pages long thread because there was mentioned name of other game once? 43 votes

Yes, it's the right thing to do.
20%
Khenarthianitajoneb17_ESOidkactoshWabukylewwefaninked1XxBradeyxXriberion 9 votes
No, I think this is wrong.
79%
nexxus_ESODeathStalkerMojmirKilandrosDschiPeuntNebthet78HjelmerinabottleofsyrupVyle_ByteZaldanAlexandriousEnemy-of-ColdharbourReverbShadeauxbebynnagRosenrotWolfSanctum74CromulentForumIDtheher0notFallen_Ray 34 votes
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Mate, you are a hero. I'm busy at work right now, so I can't dedicate enough time to creating a new post but I was very close to trying to write this up - just didn't know how to go about it. That's awesome you have my back.

I thought it was very strange too actually:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4491840#Comment_4491840

They said it was a quit post, which it wasn't, the title was: "Zos - You're going to lose more and more players if you don't improve... "

I mentioned any other game, as an example, to suggest if people are thinking of moving away from the game. I've been playing for 2 years+.

It wasn't a quit post, it wasn't to mention other games, I just used an example, the overall point of the post was to gauge peoples general happiness and to see where they could improve. It was a 3 page constructive page talking about general improvements etc... to have this response is pretty strange to be honest;

ZOS_MikaS
    mod
    While we appreciate constructive feedback, we do not allow quit threads or the promoting of other games. While we understand that you all have many interests outside of The Elder Scrolls Online, these forums are a place to talk about ESO.
    Edited by WhoSlappedThePie on September 13, 2017 3:48PM
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭
    I was in the middle of a response when it got closed.
    BOOOOOO!

I have said it before and I will say it again. These forums are for what moderators want to read, if they don't like it gets closed or moved to another location to be buried.
    Still have that RL pets thread open and what exactly does it have to do with ESO?
    There is no consistency in the moderation of these forums.
    Edited by OC_Justice on September 13, 2017 3:25PM
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so why don't we move the same content over to this and just don't talk about 1) quitting and 2) another game
    and just keep this to talking about how they could improve, general thoughts of the game, how happy/unhappy you are?

Very strange.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    In before lock.

But really, I don't see how this is at all helpful or constructive as well.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fight the power! And enjoy the 72 hour ban.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭

What do you mean?

I didn't mention any quitting in this post either, I'm not talking about quitting. The other post is closed with their response.

I don't think that warrents any kind of ban? I didn't even create this post, I'm just concerned.

If they think that this is talking about quitting or something then fine, I'll stop. It'll still appear to be pretty lame and I don't quite understand.

- The main point is that I feel like the game can be improved big time. I'm not quitting at all. I'll say it again... I'm not quitting I'm just concerned that it feels a little stale, which was the overall post.

1) Haven't mentioned quitting, I'm not quitting
    2) Not mentioning any other games now, don't want to offend you guys. Sorry.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You criticized admin action, und das ist verboten!
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP seems to be incorrect in why that thread was closed. It was closed because it was about quitting. Besides, the OP on that thread was making assumptions and from my experience some false statements.

Edgaiblu vMoL is nothing like the craglorn trials. vHoF is very much different as well and we have a new type of trial coming to live in a couple months.

As for forming groups to raid, not an issue either as long as your guild has the players. I've been in multiple random guild groups for vMoL and vHoF just during the past week. So groups can be formed for them.

Granted, he/she is a little salty. Maybe some have left his guild or something making it harder to form a group. As someone who has raised every day but once in the past month I don't see the issues he is bringing up. So looking forward to the new trial.

BTW. This thread is likely to be closed due to its topic. Poll is certainly pointless since it's Zos' right to choose their forum policies and enforce them.
    Edited by idk on September 13, 2017 3:35PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have questions about thread closures you're best talking to the moderator who closed it.

Discussing moderation is against the forums rules as it causes a chain reaction of follow up threads debating about the previous threads closure.

As for the closure of that thread ZOS also said it's because it was an "I'm leaving" or "I'm taking a break" thread which is also against the forums rules. The mods always state why they close a thread so we know.
    Edited by Turelus on September 13, 2017 3:35PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just mention RP or praise/beg them and your post will stay open for eternity.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Madden
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You forget definition of power. Power is in your hands. It's in your wallet. 72 hour ban? You can ban the game outta your wallet forever. But I don't think it's the way to go. The game will succeed much more if it will go hand-in-hand together with its players. I could give you examples of such games but don't want to mention other game's names here as it may give legitimacy to close the poll (although I'm sure the same mod will find it anyway).
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this one will be closed for criticizing their "rules". Lets face it, these ZOS forum mods think they're running a dictatorship here restricting us into what to say and what not. It's the reason why I hardly comment anymore. And here I thought Nazis were extinct.

They don't care about the game, forums nor the community only this ----> $$$,$$$,$$$,$$$
    Edited by Fallen_Ray on September 13, 2017 3:38PM
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    OP seems to be incorrect in why that thread was closed. It was closed because it was about quitting. Besides, the OP on that thread was making assumptions and from my experience some false statements.

Edgaiblu vMoL is nothing like the craglorn trials. vHoF is very much different as well and we have a new type of trial coming to live in a couple months.

As for forming groups to raid, not an issue either as long as your guild has the players. I've been in multiple random guild groups for vMoL and vHoF just during the past week. So groups can be formed for them.

Granted, he/she is a little salty. Maybe some have left his guild or something making it harder to form a group. As someone who has raised every day but once in the past month I don't see the issues he is bringing up. So looking forward to the new trial.

BTW. This thread is likely to be closed due to its topic. Poll is certainly pointless since it's Zos' right to choose their forum policies and enforce them.

I see you have a nice opinion which would fit the closed thread. Too bad it's closed now and it would be stupid to continue discuss it here while it's not the subject of the poll.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »

You forget definition of power. Power is in your hands. It's in your wallet. 72 hour ban? You can ban the game outta your wallet forever. But I don't think it's the way to go. The game will succeed much more if it will go hand-in-hand together with its players. I could give you examples of such games but don't want to mention other game's names here as it may give legitimacy to close the poll (although I'm sure the same mod will find it anyway).
    You're welcome to talk about other games when it's on point. I mention EVE Online all the time as an example of how ZOS could handle security or for comparisons about mechanics which relate.

The talking about other games rule is more of a "Hey guys GW2 is way better we should go play that" because that's not beneficial to ESO for the forums.
    However talking about how WoW had a good mechanic and how ZOS could maybe get something similar in ESO to improve it is allowed.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

It's not good that your forum mods are getting so heavy handed where they don't take comments in context to what is actually being said and make assumptions to close down a thread because people are voicing their complaints about ESO or citing examples as to why they are leaving. It's actually one of the reasons why people are leaving now.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The mods have been a bit 'odd' lately

I had one of my posts removed from a very obvious troll thread for just simply saying that it was a troll thread... yet the nastiness and bickering(guilty as the next man) that was going on in the shiledbreaker thread was allowed to carry on!
    Edited by Biro123 on September 13, 2017 3:42PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What do you mean?

I didn't mention any quitting in this post either, I'm not talking about quitting. The other post is closed with their response.

I don't think that warrents any kind of ban? I didn't even create this post, I'm just concerned.

If they think that this is talking about quitting or something then fine, I'll stop. It'll still appear to be pretty lame and I don't quite understand.

- The main point is that I feel like the game can be improved big time. I'm not quitting at all. I'll say it again... I'm not quitting I'm just concerned that it feels a little stale, which was the overall post.

1) Haven't mentioned quitting, I'm not quitting
    2) Not mentioning any other games now, don't want to offend you guys. Sorry.

I wrote a thread calling wood elves tiny and adorable. In passing I mentioned that a certain streamer may or may not be tiny and adorable. The thread was closed for attacking the community. I pointed out it wasn't and got a 72 hour ban for the trouble.

I figure if calling wood elves tiny and adorable can end in a 72 hour ban. Anything can.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can close whatever thread they want for whatever reason it is their medium and that makes it legit regardless if we agree with it or not.
    Xbox One Na
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    It's not good that your forum mods are getting so heavy handed where they don't take comments in context to what is actually being said and make assumptions to close down a thread because people are voicing their complaints about ESO or citing examples as to why they are leaving. It's actually one of the reasons why people are leaving now.
    I've never heard anyone state they were leaving because ZOS closes to many "I'm leaving threads"

The mods are doing a fine job and they are much more relaxed than in the past, we actually get a lot more critical and controversial threads stay open now.

However the thread in question was just someone saying they're leaving (against rules) and what game they were going to play (against rules) and then three pages of us all debating with them.
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

You're welcome to talk about other games when it's on point. I mention EVE Online all the time as an example of how ZOS could handle security or for comparisons about mechanics which relate.

The talking about other games rule is more of a "Hey guys GW2 is way better we should go play that" because that's not beneficial to ESO for the forums.
    However talking about how WoW had a good mechanic and how ZOS could maybe get something similar in ESO to improve it is allowed.

Actually I care more about other people replies than small points in the OP's topic. Just go through the whole thread. The other game wasn't ever mentioned again and there are many constructive answers people took time to express their opinion. I wouldn't care if Mod would edit the OP's topic post because the thread had already ongoing conversations. Just look at typical "quit" thread. It's always the same, "give me your stuff" "inb4lock" etc... But this thread is different.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    I've never heard anyone state they were leaving because ZOS closes to many "I'm leaving threads"

The mods are doing a fine job and they are much more relaxed than in the past, we actually get a lot more critical and controversial threads stay open now.

However the thread in question was just someone saying they're leaving (against rules) and what game they were going to play (against rules) and then three pages of us all debating with them.

LOL
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I care more about other people replies than small points in the OP's topic. Just go through the whole thread. The other game wasn't ever mentioned again and there are many constructive answers people took time to express their opinion. I wouldn't care if Mod would edit the OP's topic post because the thread had already ongoing conversations. Just look at typical "quit" thread. It's always the same, "give me your stuff" "inb4lock" etc... But this thread is different.
    Sure, so shoot the mod a message and say "hey would be willing to review x thread for y reasons" and see what they say.

They've reopened threads in the past, but the thread was very much like the normal "I quit here is why" threads with the exception OP wrote they were close to quitting rather than quitting.

The OP also has the option to go and create a new thread titled "Do you think we need more trials on a faster delivery cycle?" and stick to that one point rather than throwing around how they might leave or how other games tempt them.

That way the thread theme all desired lives on and stays on topic.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other games out there?
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I see you have a nice opinion which would fit the closed thread. Too bad it's closed now and it would be stupid to continue discuss it here while it's not the subject of the poll.

Besides your false statement in the OP as to why that thread was closed, it's good it was. That OP seemed to blame Zos because he was in a less active guild and used baseless oppinions to suport to.

Since the thread in question was closed by @ZOS_MikaS they may want to share their thoughts on this subject.
    Edited by idk on September 13, 2017 3:57PM
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this the mutiny! thread.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    It seems very clear to me this was a quitting thread.

"Anyway, I'm wondering how many people feel like this; how many people have quit recently for other games (Destiny 2, I'm looking at you) because I am very close to quitting and I don't want to."

I'm sure the mention of leaving for another game was part of it, but both things are very clearly against forum rules.
    PC NA
  • ZOS_KatP
    ZOS_KatP
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

We've decided to close this thread as it is discussing moderator action. If you have questions regarding a specific action, feel free to reach out to the moderator directly to gain a better understanding of why a certain action was taken. Also, please take a look at our forum rules to see what behaviors we allow on the forums.

Thanks.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.