The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help 999+ latency

LucensKnight
LucensKnight
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I m from India, i bought this game a week ago and I have been barely able to play it.I have tried both NA and EU servers same problems on both. My latency is always above 360 and most of the time 999+ because of that I keep getting lags and constant logouts.This game for me is completely unplayable.i have added it to the firewall, run it as administrator and even disable my anti-virus and I still get these problems. Port forwarding is not supported by my router and the latency shouldn't be a problem in the first place because I play other MMO's swtor, blade and soul,dcuo,Warcraft and all of them run smoothly, this is the first MMO I m having problems with.
Please Help
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Connecting from asia is very tough.

VPN is a partial solution to your problem but youll never get good latency. Best you can get will be in the 300 - 600 ms
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's particularly bad right now, maybe a server issue
  • djdc1234
    djdc1234
    ✭✭✭
    So many posts in general about ZOS won't say anything
  • DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

I m from India, i bought this game a week ago and I have been barely able to play it.I have tried both NA and EU servers same problems on both. My latency is always above 360 and most of the time 999+ because of that I keep getting lags and constant logouts.This game for me is completely unplayable.i have added it to the firewall, run it as administrator and even disable my anti-virus and I still get these problems. Port forwarding is not supported by my router and the latency shouldn't be a problem in the first place because I play other MMO's swtor, blade and soul,dcuo,Warcraft and all of them run smoothly, this is the first MMO I m having problems with.
    Please Help

Join the club. Certain people are having the same issues it isn't everyone so have to wait for maintainance
  • djdc1234
    djdc1234
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Please Help

Join the club. Certain people are having the same issues it isn't everyone so have to wait for maintainance

Prob won't fix it bc pc had maintenance and they are having the issue
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djdc1234 wrote: »
    Hello,

Please Help

Prob won't fix it bc pc had maintenance and they are having the issue

There was no PC Maintenance this week
  • LucensKnight
    LucensKnight
    Soul Shriven
    well, this is sad, just uninstalled the game.I really wanted to play it. what I don't understand is that this game is from one of the biggest gaming companies and it has been out for a few years and yet people face these problems. I saw that there were others than me since 2015 maybe before that who were having these same issues and 3 years later its still the same.

might try after few months, here's hoping it would be fixed by then.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Please Help

Hi @LucensKnight

Which city are you located into? Who is ur ISP company? What's ur connection capacity?
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • slayerbane1905
    slayerbane1905
    Soul Shriven
    I'm from Bangalore, India. I used to get ~160ms for past 1.5yrs. But past few weeks latency has increased to 250-320ms. My ISP latency has unchanged and have a high speed connection.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this thread is over two years old we will be closing the discussion. You are welcome to start a new thread if there are currently none open about your issue. If you need help with improving latency you can follow our help article linked below.

What do I do if I have bad latency in game on PC/Mac?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.