Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS NERF: Earthtear Cavern Changes... Noooooooooo :(

MacCait
MacCait
✭✭✭✭✭
To anyone who has bought the Earthtear Cavern... it's changed :(

ZOS I've spent months working on a guild hall, and you have now placed HUGE rocks closing up sections of the Cavern where I had built areas. Now all my items are placed deep inside new rock walls. It was an AMAZING design... but its completely ruined. Why do this?

Please revert these changes. Now I have soo many items trapped behind walls and if I retrieve the wrong items the whole base is ruined and I have to start from scratch.

UPDATE - Jan 2018: The issues of the new walls being introduced to Earthtear Cavern, blocking areas previously accessible... were eventually fixed by ZOS. However, the following issues still remain unresolved since this post first began:

1: It STILL rains inside the Cavern since Morrowind patch. Other houses were fixed, including the recent Pariah's Pinnacle, but the Cavern was not...
2: The area to the far right of the cavern is STILL inaccesible due to an invisible wall that has never been removed.
3: Invisible walls in the ceiling, meaning you cannot build within all areas of the Cavern
4: There is still a small misplaced floating rock that is in the water since Morrowind update

edited: updated info
Edited by MacCait on January 31, 2018 3:27PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see some before and after pics.

because i was too poor to purchase the cavern
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any before shots... :( can post some shots now
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is really awful behavior on behalf of the part of the ZOS team responsible for this change.

Imagine if you bought a pepperoni pizza only to later find out that, on the ride home, the pizza transformed into a submarine sandwich. It may still be good food, but it isn't what was wanted nor what was purchased and no amount of small print on behalf of the pizza shop owner would make such a practice morally right.

And just in case someone thinks that such behavior is acceptable because the developers can do what they want or because of TOS, well, I'll just say the following. That is where you are wrong kiddo. Remember, people get away with things that are legal, but reproachable all of the time.

@MacCait , you should try to receive a refund for your purchase of the cavern.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe this is true... It is just not possible that they would do something like that.

Do you have images?
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on June 6, 2017 2:02PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought Earthtear Cavern when it first released. I spent a lot of time there this morning and nothing in my house has changed. What areas were affected in your house?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CalmFury wrote: »
    I can't believe this is true... It is just not possible that they would do something like that.

Why?

Assuming that something did change, let's guess.

OH NO, SOMEONE DID SOMETHING UNINTENDED *GASP* "How dare someone escape from the map or do something of the sorts!!!"
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were close to the edges it may have happened, there were some spots where you could get out of the map. Just go to your housing editor and retrieve your stuff. If you can't send a support ticket.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    I don't have any before shots... :( can post some shots now

please post the pic now..I want to see what did ZOS do
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Worthless to you maybe, I will never understand the need to inject your disdain for something that doesn't affect you. I have the cavern, use it as a guild hall, with all crafting stations. So while something is "worthless" to you, it isn't to some others. The only worthless thing here was a comment that offered neither help nor suggestion to fix.

[Edit for removed quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 6, 2017 5:17PM
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I bought Earthtear Cavern when it first released. I spent a lot of time there this morning and nothing in my house has changed. What areas were affected in your house?

It's not a HUGE deal, it's just very disapointing.

One of the greatest things about Earthtear is that it has soo many views. So many areas that you can look out of and where light can shine through. Being an ex-interior designer I took advantage of this. Last couple of months spent creating a Guild Hall.

The main area affected is to the left of the Cavern. There was a stone plynth across the water. I used that as a base to do something I hadn't seen anyone do. I created a whole building there, using the stone plynth as a base. You could walk around it, so I created stairs going up to three levels. On each level I put a viewing area to look out across the outside of the cavern. It was really nice, and something i hadn't seen anyone think of.

Now its all behind a brand new floor to ceiling Rock that has claimed that whole corner of the Cavern.

Just such a shame and TOTALLY POINTLESS!! You couldn't get outside, it wasn't anything bad, now all the window areas of that part of cavern are GONE.

Just a really stupid thing to do.

As an artist, I just DON'T get why you would do that.

Shame as the guild hadn't even seen it yet. I was opening it this week for everyone, but gota take down that whole area and re-think the entire design.

Bad show ZOS!

EDIT: typos
    Edited by MacCait on June 6, 2017 2:18PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol it was a limited time item too

Such a stupid move i really dont understand the decision making at ZOS

If you guys are bored and have nothing to do in your office, just take the day off. Honestly, dont sit around in meetings discussing what the change or break when its fine how it is!
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have also added weather affects INSIDE the Cavern. Not sure why.

Originally it had drips which where pretty cool and very cave like. Very realistic. Now when its a storm, you get full on terrential rain inside the Cavern... EVEN though it is a CAVERN with a humongous solid STONE CEILING.

It's like adding full on rain inside a house.

Obviously must be a bug.

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have also added weather affects INSIDE the Cavern. Not sure why.

Originally it had drips which where pretty cool and very cave like. Very realistic. Now when its a storm, you get full on terrential rain inside the Cavern... EVEN though it is a CAVERN with a humongous solid STONE CEILING.

It's like adding full on rain inside a house.

Obviously must be a bug.

Could be, haven't been home since yesterday so I can't see what it's doing.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @MacCait can you provide a couple screenshots that show what you're seeing, please?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MacCait can you provide a couple screenshots that show what you're seeing, please?

Hey Gina.

Ahhhh I've already taken down one area affected... I was halfway through tearing down the other area :(

I'll screen shot what is left.

Unfortunately I never took photos of the area before hand.

I'll take some shots now and post
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4177425#Comment_4177425

Is it.. anything like this? That was reported in BETA?
    Running around my Earthtear Cavern tonight, I noticed one of the boulders has been moved and a little nook that I've been using as a bedroom isn't there any more. I'm assuming this was some kind of bug as I can't find it in any of the patch notes. The red box in the image below is where the entrance used to be, it was big enough to fit a double bed, a nightstand and a chest at least. You can see where a plant and the curtains are clipped through the boulder that wasn't there a few days ago. It'd be great if I could be told if this is a bug or intentional, as some of my furniture is now inside a boulder and I can't remember exactly what was there to retrieve it, and it'll take a while to go through every category to check. If it was intentional, that kind of sucks as the nook was one of the reasons I picked the cavern, and I don't like the idea of having random things changed and having space taken away on something I've alrady purchased.

obepdzc4tiud.png

Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if you bought a pepperoni pizza only to later find out that, on the ride home, the pizza transformed into a submarine sandwich.

This is a pretty dramatic exaggeration. Like, come on man. Your knee jerk emotional response is duly noted. A more comparable example is you ordered an 18" pie pepperoni pizza and then find out that they put anchovies on less than a quarter of the pie.

as you still have the same thing, its still the earthtear cavern, you just cant access a small portion of it that you could before because something was put in the way. Soemthing the OP has noted you can move back out of the way btw.

Furthermore: The OP has yet to post any pics. even ZOS is asking for them. MEANING: this could be a total and utter misunderstanding. but lets take the OP's word for gold.

why would you take his word for gold? unless you had some emotional dissonance towards ZOS. like, the tank changes as evidence to your signature. . .

even if he did post pics, so what? if its a mistake its a mistake and ZOS will fix it.

Edited by Rickter on June 6, 2017 2:42PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4177425#Comment_4177425

Is it.. anything like this? That was reported in BETA?
    Running around my Earthtear Cavern tonight, I noticed one of the boulders has been moved and a little nook that I've been using as a bedroom isn't there any more. I'm assuming this was some kind of bug as I can't find it in any of the patch notes. The red box in the image below is where the entrance used to be, it was big enough to fit a double bed, a nightstand and a chest at least. You can see where a plant and the curtains are clipped through the boulder that wasn't there a few days ago. It'd be great if I could be told if this is a bug or intentional, as some of my furniture is now inside a boulder and I can't remember exactly what was there to retrieve it, and it'll take a while to go through every category to check. If it was intentional, that kind of sucks as the nook was one of the reasons I picked the cavern, and I don't like the idea of having random things changed and having space taken away on something I've alrady purchased.

obepdzc4tiud.png

Yes. This is one of the areas affected. It's the worst one.

Right there was a khajjit doorway leading to a staircase together with lighting that then went up to a balcony where you could overlook the lovely area outside, then another staircase up to another landing, and then yet another up to the final landing... all of which are now behind that MASSIVE floor to ceiling rock. Had about 30 or so items behind the rock now
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://postimg.org/image/9ne4btx0d/

https://postimg.org/image/kk9lszrv5/

This is where the doorway to the staircase WAS... but no more
    Edited by MacCait on June 6, 2017 2:48PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've looked at the pics but not home right now to check it out in game. I can't figure out where this is in the cave
    Edited by Katahdin on June 6, 2017 2:52PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Thanks! Could you also post a screenshot of your map so we can see the exact location of where you're standing?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://s14.postimg.org/kqxyr10wh/other_area.jpg

This is the other area.

I had built inside this area (near waterfall), and had a spiral stone staircase going up to different levels.

I've taken down the entire area now as most is taken up by ROCk.

Look, as a semi-retired designer, I would tell your team that they don't need to fill in all these spaces. Spaces are GOOD! Players can look at these spaces and think 'oh i'll create a whole area in there. It allows people to think outside the box and come up with some really great designs.

It seems pointless to just fill in these huge areas with huge pieces of rock.

There is already a problem with invisible walls stopping from designing great areas. Why now also close of more areas with rock. From a design point of view, it's pretty disapointing stuff guys!
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The_Elder_Scrolls_Online_Tamriel_Unlimited_2017.jpg

To prevent them from being links.. right click on the picutre and select "Copy image address". Then, in the middle above the post box is an icon that looks like a picuture. When you click it, it says."Image URL". Paste the image address using Cntrl-V. Then Press Enter.

For.. future reference.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

To prevent them from being links.. right click on the picutre and select "Copy image address". Then, in the middle above the post box is an icon that looks like a picuture. When you click it, it says."Image URL". Paste the image address using Cntrl-V. Then Press Enter.

For.. future reference.

BIG thanks. I was trying to work that out. I don't usually post pics
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just experienced the same issue with the cavern, along the Western Border they added floor to ceiling stone to an alcove area that reduced the size of that area by half. Also on the western border one of the Land sections along the border had a pillar and then a a large area directly behind it that almost went to the outer area before the invisible wall stopped you, it was also filled in with very large floor to not quite ceiling stone cutting off that entire area behind the pillar. In both cases I had items in those places but was able to retrieve them using the housing menu without screwing up anything. If they spent the time to add these stones to what they saw as problem areas they could have at least had the decency to open up the balcony area along the eastern border with the pillars in it, it is a huge area we could use with an invisible wall cutting off all access to it physically, at least you can still place items over the border into it. Such a great area that is totally useless.

Stone was not thereInkedScreenshot_20170606_104828_LI_zpsbaljjhzp.jpg

Stone was not there
    InkedScreenshot_20170606_104858_LI_zpsdapapsjf.jpg

Huge wasted inaccessible space
    InkedScreenshot_20170606_104936_LI_zpsmzzbq56n.jpg

Huge wasted inaccessible space
    InkedScreenshot_20170606_105058_LI_zpshxjsj4id.jpg

Edited by perogwin_ESO on June 6, 2017 3:26PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Apparently the cavern already got attention over legitimate gameplay issues because it got *changed*. For no reason as far as we know. Nobody clamoured for these changes. You gotta get your facts straight.

[Edit for removed quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 6, 2017 5:18PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    legit gameplay?

you mean fishing and doll house aint legit gameplay?

i tanked, but with the endless nerfs, i'll be spending my game time decorating houses.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I disagree. If someone makes a purchase of a home in ESO and they reduce the square footage with an update, I think the buyer has every right to voice concerns. Under the TOS, ZOS may be within their rights to discontinue/change purchased content but from a goodwill standpoint, it's not a great idea. I didn't buy the cavern, but I sympathize with those that did and I'm pleased Gina is looking into it for them.

[Edit for removed quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 6, 2017 5:19PM
    PS4NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Is someone able to upload a screenshot of the map that shows where you're standing when seeing these rocks?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I'm not sure why people are being dramatic here. Do you guys seriously having nothing better to do than troll and bait.

I've just ripped down two big areas that litterally took days to create painstakingly. But am getting on with it.

The post was made to inform , and to show that this sort of thing shouldn't happen. It doesn't need to happen.

By adding Homestaed to the game, the developers have added new dimensions to the game such as design. I've made plenty of posts about other areas of the game, but this particular post is about this aspect of the game.

please take the trolling and baiting somewhere else. You're waisting your time here guys

[Edit for removed quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 6, 2017 5:19PM
This discussion has been closed.