Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should PVP Be Removed From ESO?

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Out of curiosity, do you feel that PVP should be removed entirely from ESO? If so, please explain why. I'd not, please explain why as well.
Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 29, 2017 2:41PM

Should PVP Be Removed From ESO? 402 votes

Yes, because...
15%
Tabbycatvailjohn_ESOMojmircalitrumanb14_ESOraglauNebthet78fioskalMarkusP72SkoomahTommy83CalandraeRustyfish101Shader_ShibesCh4mpTWVanHalenMettaricanaBalamoorMadness1Rinmaethodaincode65536 62 votes
No, because...
79%
ImryllCavalryPKSolarikenKikazaruGilvothJoy_DivisionLegacyDMk9mousederekdew339_ESOXexpomilesrodneymcneely2_ESODeadlyRecluseMisterBigglesworthkeithlonerganb14a_ESOAltercatorCresdeepseamk20b14_ESOotis67grendel_esoSigtric 320 votes
Maybe, because...
0%
flintstonegrim_tacticsStreegaArtiom916 4 votes
Other (please specify).
3%
DarcyMardinBaByDontHurtMeKeriokoolsborgTheBonesXXXtonemdCathexisOneForSorrowSylosigeonsocalTheRealPotorooAcadianPaladinCaliCrippy714Sensei_Brewrsantijw13coletas 16 votes
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No because I haven't see such a stupid suggestion in ages...
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I voted yes, because it would do away with a lot of things I feel are plaguing this game. I also feel that it would ease a lot of strain on the servers, and make the game perform a lot more smoother. Plus, devs wouldn't have to make 'balance' changes with how certain skills and what not would effect players. They can build around how things effect the content at hand, and not have to gimp players who want nothing to do with PvP.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 29, 2017 2:43PM
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    What kind of question is this?

It was one of the most important and anticipated aspects of the game when it was released.

It's probably the only nonlinear and continuous endgame we have, so no.
    Edited by Ulfgarde on April 29, 2017 2:44PM
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I enjoy both pve and pvp exactly the same. I don't care about balance. I'm selfish.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Because balance. Which is impossible the way ZOS try to accomplish it.
    Comrade, a word...
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Ulfgarde wrote: »

It was one of the most important and anticipated aspects of the game when it was released.

It's probably the only worthy endgame we have, so no.

What type of question is it? A question that seeks an answer of opinion from others. That's what type of question it is. If you don't like the question, then don't respond. If you like the question, but don't feel it should be removed? Explain why. Same with if you do feel that it should be removed.

I'm deadass getting tired of grown men and women behaving immaturely, and being unable to get their point across in a civilized manner. This is a VIDEO GAME forum. Have some decency. Damn.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I voted no because I enjoy pvp even with its flaws. It's good to go out and battle it against other players as they are unpredictable unlike pve mobs.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes because it's a small mini game that ruins everything else. It's impossible to balance damage vs a monster with 7m hp with a player with 20k. It's not even fun pvp, just swarm and wait.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    It would have no positive effect. Despite the common theme that all nerfs happen because of PvP you would quickly find out that even a PvE only MMO would result in the exact same amount of forum complaining about balance, class advantages, nerfs you name it.

• Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No because its the only thing to do once you've completed all the solo content (besides running the same dungeons over and over, but even that gets boring after a while) and its also the most fun thing to do in the game.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

What type of question is it? A question that seeks an answer of opinion from others. That's what type of question it is. If you don't like the question, then don't respond. If you like the question, but don't feel it should be removed? Explain why. Same with if you do feel that it should be removed.

I'm deadass getting tired of grown men and women behaving immaturely, and being unable to get their point across in a civilized manner. This is a VIDEO GAME forum. Have some decency. Damn.

That's great you're tired of people acting immaturely, but the question you asked was quite malformed. Because I think it's a malformed question doesn't mean I won't respond to it, any who. That's simply fallacious.

There are many people, albeit they are a minority, who only play the game for endgame PvP and nothing else. It was a selling point of the game, and it continues to be one of the main aspects of what makes ESO ESO. It's like saying to rip off someone's arm because they want the blood to flow better. It doesn't matter how well the server will run or how balance is affected. It IS the game.

to think PvE is the only thing that runs this game is an immature thought. Just because you want certain things doesn't mean other people might want those things, no matter how vocal you are.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No because PvE threads don't have us much drama to read.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I voted no because while I neither enjoy nor participate in PvP myself (in any game, not just this one), I'd hate to deny it to those who do enjoy and participate in it any more than I'd want questing/exploring (which I do enjoy and participate in) denied to me.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No. Because? No because. I won't even entertain such a rediculous question.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

That's great you're tired of people acting immaturely, but the question you asked was quite malformed. Because I think it's a malformed question doesn't mean I won't respond to it, any who. That's simply fallacious.

There are many people, albeit they are a minority, who only play the game for endgame PvP and nothing else. It was a selling point of the game, and it continues to be one of the main aspects of what makes ESO ESO. It's like saying to rip off someone's arm because they want the blood to flow better. It doesn't matter how well the server will run or how balance is affected. It IS the game.

to think PvE is the only thing that runs this game is an immature thought. Just because you want certain things doesn't mean other people might want those things, no matter how vocal you are.

Wait a minute... Wait. It doesn't matter how well the server will run, or how balance is affected? That's a hell of an opinion. As for your example of removing limbs to enable easier blood flood, that's why such procedures known as amputations are done sometimes. Would you rather lose a limb be lost, and the subject be able to continue living. Thus increasing quality of life. Or! Would you rather the subject remain in a tarnished state, and die a horrible death all because of the refusal to lose a critical piece of its body?

I now ask that question to you. You'd rather have the game continue about dying a horrible way, and continue having all these issues and balance conflicts patch after patch? Rather than simply cut-off something, that will enable things to ultimately be better in the end?
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Turelus wrote: »
    No because PvE threads don't have us much drama to read.

@Turelus Lol. That's a good point to consider, although something in and of itself that speaks volumes about PvP as a whole. Kudos to you, and an awesome is in order to you. You never cease to make me smile. :joy:
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    OP, if you didn't want any "drama or indecency" in you're thread, then maybe you shouldn't have asked a question like this. You have now summoned the wrath of the entire PvP crowd.

Getting rid of PvP would be, you guessed it, idiotic. If you think people are upset about the recent natch potes, you have no idea how much raging, and players leaving the game, there would be if PvP was removed.

PvP wouldn't ever be removed like this though of course because even Zeni doesn't make mistakes that large.

Either this is a troll poll or OP tried PvP once, got beaten by other people, and then never went back in.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • rez0055
    rez0055
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No because it's fun playing with a dedicated guild. And time to time you'll encounter very entertaining battles. I won't play this game without pvp.
    Characters
    - Only-Drinks-With-Templars: Lvl 50 Argonian Magica Templar
    - Bialozar: Lvl 50 Khajitt Stamina Nightblade
    - Rez the Bald Sorceror: Lvl 50 Dark Elf Magica Sorceror
    - Gerard Snow: Lvl 50 Dark Elf Magica Dragonknight
    - Dorothea Black: Lvl 50 Imperial Stamina Templar
    - Demon Cleaver: Lvl 50 Orc Stamina Warden
    - Lord of BØnes: Lvl 50 Breton Magica Necromancer

PC/EU server. You'll find my characters hoping on and off on the plains of Cyrodil with the guild The Black.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

And it's been continually a drain on balance, alot of people are not satisfied with it at present, and so on and so fourth.

Really, what are you geting here over any other MMO? Truely tell me what your geting over any other MMO with the same PVP structure.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    because I smell L2P issue
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I say people need to remember there is really no such thing as a pve elite, doing 57 k dps on a boss means you will last a few seconds to a real player.
    Edited by DHale on April 29, 2017 3:00PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...

And it's been continually a drain on balance, alot of people are not satisfied with it at present, and so on and so fourth.

Really, what are you geting here over any other MMO? Truely tell me what your geting over any other MMO with the same PVP structure.

Are you joking? Please then, tell me one other mmo that has open world PvP of this size, has good and proper siege warfare, destructible and repairable keeps/castles, etc etc?

And also, if we're gonna play like this, why don't we just get rid of PVE? I mean, it obviously kills balance in pvp, let's just get rid of it, right?
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...

Wait a minute... Wait. It doesn't matter how well the server will run, or how balance is affected? That's a hell of an opinion. As for your example of removing limbs to enable easier blood flood, that's why such procedures known as amputations are done sometimes. Would you rather lose a limb be lost, and the subject be able to continue living. Thus increasing quality of life. Or! Would you rather the subject remain in a tarnished state, and die a horrible death all because of the refusal to lose a critical piece of its body?

I now ask that question to you. You'd rather have the game continue about dying a horrible way, and continue having all these issues and balance conflicts patch after patch? Rather than simply cut-off something, that will enable things to ultimately be better in the end?

Rich. But has nothing to do with my main point and only extends an analogy to something that had nothing to do with what I said in the first place. Remember I said "to keep the blood flowing"? There was no implication of any infection or meaning to amputate. It's amputating a healthy person. That's just silly, isn't it? But I digress..

There's no further meaning to conversing on something you don't understand or are completely ignorant of. I would suggest taking a better look at how the PvE / PvP servers are separated, how PVP has and always will be an integral part of the game, and that there's more to the game than PvE. Certainly, then, you would see my point, yes? But until then, there's no point in continuing this discussion. I'm sure you know this.

Oh, and nice job baiting me. I should've been paying attention.
    Edited by Ulfgarde on April 29, 2017 3:03PM
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    OP, if you didn't want any "drama or indecency" in you're thread, then maybe you shouldn't have asked a question like this. You have now summoned the wrath of the entire PvP crowd.

Getting rid of PvP would be, you guessed it, idiotic. If you think people are upset about the recent natch potes, you have no idea how much raging, and players leaving the game, there would be if PvP was removed.

PvP wouldn't ever be removed like this though of course because even Zeni doesn't make mistakes that large.

Either this is a troll poll or OP tried PvP once, got beaten by other people, and then never went back in.

@Stovahkiin Hm? Troll poll, or tried PvP once and got beaten? Never went back in? Lol. Bruh, I used to be a hardcore PvP'er. In fact, I used to love PvP so much that I completely cut myself off from PvE entirely for months. Yeah. I was that much of a fan of it. Mind you, this was way back when there were HUGE waves of people constantly going at it. The zergs you know of nowadays? Hardly a zerg compared to back in the good ole' days.

And here's the kicker... There was little to no lag, and or performance issues at all at hand during these massive conflicts. There was also a hell of a lot more balance, than there is now. Even with stamina regenerating while blocking, dynamic ultimate, meteors being able to be reflected, Sorcerers being able to Bolt Escape way more, and shield durations being much longer.

Lol. You need to your homework, comrade. PvP is a joke nowadays. What do you know about seeing maybe 80 versus 80 popping off at any given time at multiple keeps? Not even during prime time? Hm? There's videos of these days on YT. See it for yourself.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes because ZOS despite player feedback still insist on trying to balance both PVP and PVE at the same time which is impossible as proven during last two years for nerfing and balancing things back and forth.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4055913

and as a PVE player, if im asked to choose between PVE and PVP ill choose PVE tenfold times.

As a PVE player i see PVP only as a source of salt, conflicts, blanket nerfs that hurt PVE players and generally as place that wastes developers time.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...

@Stovahkiin Hm? Troll poll, or tried PvP once and got beaten? Never went back in? Lol. Bruh, I used to be a hardcore PvP'er. In fact, I used to love PvP so much that I completely cut myself off from PvE entirely for months. Yeah. I was that much of a fan of it. Mind you, this was way back when there were HUGE waves of people constantly going at it. The zergs you know of nowadays? Hardly a zerg compared to back in the good ole' days.

And here's the kicker... There was little to no lag, and or performance issues at all at hand during these massive conflicts. There was also a hell of a lot more balance, than there is now. Even with stamina regenerating while blocking, dynamic ultimate, meteors being able to be reflected, Sorcerers being able to Bolt Escape way more, and shield durations being much longer.

Lol. You need to your homework, comrade. PvP is a joke nowadays. What do you know about seeing maybe 80 versus 80 popping off at any given time at multiple keeps? Not even during prime time? Hm? There's videos of these days on YT. See it for yourself.

There has been significant improvements to PvP performance over the past year or so you know. And what's your point? Just because there aren't as many people playing now means that it should be deleted outright?
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I find it funny how people are out here acting like I hardly ever PvP'd, and yet I'm willing to bet most of the people making these comments weren't even around when Cold Fire siege effects were invisible. You'd get by that Cold Fire, and panic and chaos would follow immediately. Gotta love the forums sometimes. :D:joy:
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 29, 2017 3:05PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

Are you joking? Please then, tell me one other mmo that has open world PvP of this size, has good and proper siege warfare, destructible and repairable keeps/castles, etc etc?

And also, if we're gonna play like this, why don't we just get rid of PVE? I mean, it obviously kills balance in pvp, let's just get rid of it, right?

See, you joke.

But they did, y'see. They allready done tried that.

The game was originally designed by Dark Age of Camelot veterans, and the game was designed from the ground up -to be- a PVP game. It's why the game had almost no PVE content on release, why much of the dev cycle is given to -making- PVE content. Know why it all changed?

PVP wasn't profitable. Not at the subscription model they were using, anyway. Wonder what that says.

PVP has allways been one of them things that has allways played to a specific subset of people. And there's alot more -options- for those people. At the end of the day, the second someone makes a PVP game better balanced with the same siege warfair stuff this game has? Who's to say the PVP community wont go -belly up-?
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 29, 2017 3:11PM
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    While I don't care one bit about PVP others do. And who am I to say one should take it away from them only because I don't like it.
    PC EU
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    So should we remove pve entirely? Only seems fair if op thinks pvp should be removed
This discussion has been closed.