Craglorn. Once again cant get help with quests

Katahdin
Katahdin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Well here we are a couple of months from the Craglorn update and once again pretty much almost any group quest cant be done because you cant get help with them.

Yeah I know, MMO and all that but what is the point of group content if you cant get a group to do it at all?
Beta tester November 2013
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Craglorn is very inconsistent.

Some delves can be soloed, others the bosses have a ton of health and hit like a truck.

And again, good luck getting help
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    I've just started with the craglorn quests, some of them say that they are group quests so I assume they can't be done with one person but how many ppl do I need? Is two enough? Three, four???
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends.
    I managed to solo group dungeons in Craglorn, but i did it in almost top gear with almost max CP. And some bosses were harder than those in vMA (spider in the cave, i look at you).

If you know the game and have more or less reasonable build you don't need more than two people, i guess.
    Edited by Niaver on December 29, 2016 12:02PM
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. I don't know why they don't just give up on this 'adventure zones' idea already. I feel like one of the lead designers thought of it and won't admit it's a terrible idea even two years later when one of our 'end game' zones is only populated by Nirn farmers and pre-mades doing dailies. The whole rework smacks of some 'team leader' insisting his idea can still work when it clearly isn't.
    Edited by SunfireKnight86 on December 30, 2016 7:07PM
  • Greenwood1900
    Greenwood1900
    ✭✭
    But you actually need another person to move forward in the quest? Wasn't that removed?
    Ormesson Stamina NB 2H-Bow
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I joined a guild.

Problem solved.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @Greenwood1900,

The quests involve going into delves that need 2+ people to get through.

@Narvuntien

I am in 5 guilds and I still have difficult time getting help in the areas I need help.

The delve bosses in Crag need to be nerfed and soloable. It is almost impossible to get them done without begging in map chat for hours for someone to help. Particularly the 3 delves that dont have any of the story in them (Rkhardahrk, Zelgaz and Chiselshriek. Every character I try to get them done on, I literally have to beg in map chat forever to get help.

@ZOS_GinaBruno (not sure if youre the best person to tag, but I am getting desperate to get this content done)

And before people say "MMO, group content, yadda, yadda" ..... Yeah thats great if you can find people willing to group and do the damn content. Not happening in my experience. Having to rush all my characters through everything just to get stuff done before the masses abandon it gets tiresome.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 8, 2017 8:07AM
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn has been a huge disappointment for me.

I returned to ESO a couple of weeks ago (I previously got to 50, quit when I realized 50 wasn't the level cap back in the VR days), and have been leveling a few different classes doing the stories in each faction on characters actually of that faction (in this way 1T is awesome - no more requirement to take one character through all three factions just to level).

However, this week I decided to go do Craglorn and from broken quest chains requiring the use of Google to figure out where the next part in the chain picks up to being sent to group delves with groups of mobs and bosses that are quite a challenge to kill solo without dying (especially with the difficulty being everywhere from 'yawn' to 'wtf hit me' and no way of knowing which it will be ahead of time) to the parts that require completing multiple group events, it has just become one big slog.

This in contrast to the marketing message of 1T talking about how great Craglorn is and how its been redesigned and tuned to allow solo players to complete what many say is a great story.

However, instead of enjoying the story, I'm cursing the developers while getting frustrated banging my head against group content (a lot I do end up completing solo, but only after dying or running away while learning things like which mobs are the most dangerous, places to LOS, leash points, etc) or spamming 'LFG' or sitting at a group event hoping others show up.

So as fas as i can tell, all they changed were some mechanical blockers such as a doors that required more than one player to open - but otherwise they didn't do a damn thing in Craglorn to make it solo friendly.

I wouldn't mind the challenge if it were still marketed as group content and not being pitched as solo friendly, though the likelihood I'd waste time trying to solo Craglorn group content just to complete a quest rather than working on improving my VMA performance or soloing dungeons or finding a group to vet run trials is pretty low.

Edited by Dawnblade on January 8, 2017 5:10PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree I am becoming more and more disappointed and frustrated with the Craglorn.

Havent been able to find anyone to run things like Shada and Catacombs and Skyreach Hold. Yes I am in 5 guilds and no one does them.

The reason is they take to damn long and they give nothing but junk for rewards. You get a blue or green coffer at the end but that only has a 1% chance at giving you a motif. So I understand why no one wants to run them after they do it once.

This needs to change. Either things like Shada, Seekers archive (which can be soloed except for the boss so you die on the boss and rez and get your coffer), Elinhir, Pinnacles, Catacombs, Skyreach hold and Critcal Mass should ALL be either made soloable with some challenge or be buffed up tremendously in rewards so that people have an incentive to do them.

Have them give an undaunted keys or something or tokens for yellow gear...SOMETHING worth while.

The dungeons are beautiful and interesting places in my opinion, but there just is no reward for going and spending the time to do the content.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    The dungeons are beautiful and interesting places in my opinion, but there just is no reward for going and spending the time to do the content.

This. Craglorn is an amazing zone and the designers put a lot of time and care into it. Many of the group delves are more challenging and interesting than the pledge dungeons. But there is no ROI. 99% of time you get a green sturdy Belt of the Air or other garbage like that. Please, ZOS, make it worthwhile to run the more complex group delves!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reward from completing it will be the ragada style if I understood correctly.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    The reward from completing it will be the ragada style if I understood correctly.

Nope, unless those are considered delves?

From the patch notes:

"The Ra Gada style can now be found in Craglorn.
    The chapters of the style are rarely available from completing Focus Points, and very rarely found by killing Delve and World Bosses, opening locked Treasure Chests, or following Treasure Maps.
    The same holds true for the style item, Ancient Sandstone, which is more commonly found from the above-mentioned sources."

If they are available from world bosses and those focus points and not exclusively in the special dungeons "Shada, Skyreach etc), it wont solve the problem.

They need to be a drop from the final boss of each of those long dungeons (Shada, Skyreach Catacombs, Skyreach Hold).
    Either just those dungeons (the long ones that no one does) or certain motifs from certain ones. If they can drop in any of them, people will just do the shortest ones and thats all.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 9, 2017 4:28AM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The quests involve going into delves that need 2+ people to get through.
    @Narvuntien

I am in 5 guilds and I still have difficult time getting help in the areas I need help

[/quote]

its about joining the right types of guilds,
    no sense jooining a trading guild for example & asking for help on quests, because theres no money to be made from it,

take a look here on the forums, there are always guilds recruitng for questing purposes, filled with people who love either running quests or helping other people on their quests
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can't 1vX everything in ESO then you're obviously bad
    nerf mdk
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience since the update is that you can solo it all. Sure some World bosses are hard, big health pools, but everything on the main questline you can do no problem.

In fact the delves are a big disappointment some bosses have a few 100k health. They do not need a Nerf at all.

The world bosses and anolomlies are harder, are u trying to do the questline or complete whole zone?

If no one in your guilds will help you thru, I suggest try other guilds. If ur X1 EU , I'm happy to team up, I love the zone and recent update has re-vigorated it.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    My experience since the update is that you can solo it all. Sure some World bosses are hard, big health pools, but everything on the main questline you can do no problem.

In fact the delves are a big disappointment some bosses have a few 100k health. They do not need a Nerf at all.

You obviously are playing a different game.

Many of the lower Craglorn that you have to go into for the story (Shattered and the Lost, Corrupted Stone) delves and dungeon bosses have 400K-700K heatlth not 100 K health and can 1 and 2 shot you in 5 seconds or less with 25K health.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K4RMA wrote: »
    If you can't 1vX everything in ESO then you're obviously bad

Wrong. Im not the best player but I am better than average. I solo alot of things. Everything can not be soloed by any class.
    If your so good, go solo Skyreach Catacombs on every class and post videos to show is all how its done.

My characters have between 20-25K health, 30-32K Stam or Mag, and 2K+ weap damage and I use set armor in purple (some are yellow) and yellow weapons. I use food and I have self heals (vigor for stam based) as much as I can for whatever class Im on.

If you cant be or dont know how to be constructive mind your own business.

Edited by Katahdin on January 10, 2017 12:33AM
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    Craglorn has been a huge disappointment for me.

I returned to ESO a couple of weeks ago (I previously got to 50, quit when I realized 50 wasn't the level cap back in the VR days), and have been leveling a few different classes doing the stories in each faction on characters actually of that faction (in this way 1T is awesome - no more requirement to take one character through all three factions just to level).

However, this week I decided to go do Craglorn and from broken quest chains requiring the use of Google to figure out where the next part in the chain picks up to being sent to group delves with groups of mobs and bosses that are quite a challenge to kill solo without dying (especially with the difficulty being everywhere from 'yawn' to 'wtf hit me' and no way of knowing which it will be ahead of time) to the parts that require completing multiple group events, it has just become one big slog.

This in contrast to the marketing message of 1T talking about how great Craglorn is and how its been redesigned and tuned to allow solo players to complete what many say is a great story.

However, instead of enjoying the story, I'm cursing the developers while getting frustrated banging my head against group content (a lot I do end up completing solo, but only after dying or running away while learning things like which mobs are the most dangerous, places to LOS, leash points, etc) or spamming 'LFG' or sitting at a group event hoping others show up.

I don't mind a challenge like VMA or trying to solo various dungeons, and in those instances I expect to die a few times while using google and youtube and such for information while planning out my abilities to counter the challenge, but I don't expect a basic story chain to rise to such a level of challenge simply because it was tuned to require multiple players (especially when it has been marketed as adjusted to be solo friendly - yet clearly isn't).

So as fas as i can tell, all they changed were some mechanical blockers such as a doors that required more than one player to open - but otherwise they didn't do a damn thing in Craglorn.
    Beardimus wrote: »

The world bosses and anolomlies are harder, are u trying to do the questline or complete whole zone?

If no one in your guilds will help you thru, I suggest try other guilds. If ur X1 EU , I'm happy to team up, I love the zone and recent update has re-vigorated it.

Sure - some of the delves I got sent to were jokes - as in 'really, this is supposed to be a group a delve' with wide open areas and very little trash that did very little damage and not sure if there were any bosses as everything died so fast.

Then there were the group delves I got sent to that had bosses in the 700-800K range with trash packs that had 100K mobs with high damage, all tightly packed in caves / tunnels / hallways.

Anyways, I got through everything including doing the group boss events for the one quest, it just wasn't what was marketed.

As I said, I don't mind a challenge but I generally like to know what I'm walking into - and content marketed as 'solo story' did not give the impression of having portions in zones tuned and scaled for groups.

I should also add that part of my frustration was the quest chain was 'broken', as in I finished one part and had to run around to find the next part and eventually had to use Google to find a missing part to move on to the next quest.
    Edited by Dawnblade on January 11, 2017 2:33AM
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on EU server I'll do them with you. I want to do them as well. I tried them solo a few times, but some parts were a bit too hard.

Send me a PM and I'll find you. :)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the update I actually did Craglorn on 2 different chars, a Magicka Templar and Magicka Sorcerer:
    - soloed the main quests without any difficulty, however there was an annoying bug with the boss in the Elinhir Sewers (quest The Shattered and the Lost) which I beat repeatedly and it kept resetting, so I had to beat her and her adds 10-12 times in a row to progress the quest.
    - soloed most delves without any difficulty, the tough ones were Hircine's Haunt, namely the Werewolf Boss, due to large number of adds, and Zalgaz's Den, where some care has to be taken with the boss attack that one shots most player characters unless shielded and blocked.
    - soloed most quests that were previously meant for groups, like Elinhir, Spellscar, Seeker's Archive but could not solo Rahni'Za, Skyreach and Shada's Tear quests due to specific end boss mechanics, mostly involving hard, unavoidable CCs (the boss that chains at the end of Skyreach Catacombs) and one shot attacks with no cooldown (last 2 bosses from the Rahin'Za arena), but probably those are still meant to be group content - I did them duo or trio and had no problems.
    - soloed nirncrux mines with no difficulty, tried soloing anomalies, but the atronach boss and adds CC/one shot
    - soloed a few world bosses, including one Orc with a dog add (Zelguma the Strong), but it took ages even if I was pulling 20K on average

Overall, the content has varied difficulty, but ~80% is indeed soloable, since the hard mechanics were removed. For example now you can get all essences in Spellscar.

P.S. I can't compare with VMA since I never ran the content.
    Edited by Asardes on January 11, 2017 3:18PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform and server my guildies and I just finished uppper yet to start on lower. Shada is still a b we needed 4 people.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • JohnnyQuantum
    JohnnyQuantum
    ✭✭
    I'm confused. I've read that Craglorn has been made solo friendly, yet half the quests state that they need more than one person. I don't last five minutes in any of those on my own. Admittedly, I'm only a casual player, around 160 CP, and OK gear - but how has this area been made solo friendly?

A few posts mention guilds, can anyone recommend a NA PC guild? How do you go about joining one?

I'm not a big fan of spamming the chat channel all night - can think of better ways to spend my time :smile:

Thanks in advance!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tunepunk wrote: »
    If you're on EU server I'll do them with you. I want to do them as well. I tried them solo a few times, but some parts were a bit too hard.

Send me a PM and I'll find you. :)

Thanks for the offer but I'm on PCNA
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    What platform and server my guildies and I just finished uppper yet to start on lower. Shada is still a b we needed 4 people.

PCNA
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. I've read that Craglorn has been made solo friendly, yet half the quests state that they need more than one person. I don't last five minutes in any of those on my own. Admittedly, I'm only a casual player, around 160 CP, and OK gear - but how has this area been made solo friendly?

A few posts mention guilds, can anyone recommend a NA PC guild? How do you go about joining one?

I'm not a big fan of spamming the chat channel all night - can think of better ways to spend my time :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Yep, they advertised the rework as soloable and/or duoable. Clearly large parts of it arent. So they either lied or havent had time to revamp all of it.

I have yet to find a guild that does Crag group content. I have an email to vamp.Emily that had a dungeon guild that had done Shada. Emailed her yesterday so havent heard back yet.

If that doesn't pan out, maybe I'll have to start one...lol

Edited by Katahdin on January 12, 2017 5:44PM
  • Ivehn
    Ivehn
    ✭✭✭
    I solo'ed the Rahni'Za and Skyreach Catacombs quests today because I was missing the associated achievements. The former got challenging in the Trial of the Arena objective, but overall they weren't that bad. If the quests do not require a second person for a particular mechanic (like pushing a second lever simultaneously, etc), they are solo-friendly by default, though I doubt I would have fared very well if I had lower CPs and not a good gear set-up. I see lots of people asking for grind partners or help with Craglorn content in (PC NA) zone chat, so maybe try offering to help someone grind to level up if they'll help you clear all the objectives in the quest in turn, so both of you can benefit :)
  • locomolarry
    @Katahdin
    Am I to understand you are looking for a Craglorn Partner. I am a c335 Hi Elf Sorcerer and too am looking for a running partner. I have already soloed most of Upper but would gladly rerun any you need. Message me for more personals.
    Larry Bowen aka One Foxy Grandpa
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn has been nothing other than AMAZING for me, i love everything, they should adjust the reward boxes to give bigger rewards for harder and longest quests, but other than that everything is fine, i do almost everything solo daily, except the school of warriors in the south (then i just call a friend to help with the arena last 2 bosses).
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• gestep
    gestep
    ✭✭
    @Katahdin I'm on pc/na would like someone to run craglorn with as well. I'm 300cp mag sorc message me in game.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I am looking for people to run the dungeons in Crag.

Skyreach Catacombs,
    Skyreach Hold,
    Skyreach Pinnacle,
    Rahni'Za school
    Shada's Tear
This discussion has been closed.