The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Pro or Xbox One for gaming?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
What is best for the price?

I want to play Destiny, ESO and a few other games such as guitar hero with my girlfriend. I built my own PC and normally play on that but I can't pack that stuff up to move it to my girlfriend's house whenever I want, it's too much of a hassle. So we have a PS3 but the graphics are just terrible and I was looking into an upgrade even though she doesn't really want me to spend the money. Oh well. So I'm looking at the Xbox One for about $199 and the PS4 Pro for $399. I know the PS4 Pro is the best gaming console on the market but it has a pretty hefty price tag. So is the increased performance and graphics that much better than the Xbox one to make it worth an extra $200 bucks? I just want to know before I blindly buy a console.

*I do not have a 4K TV*
*My gf likes playing The Last Of Us, which I believe is a PS4 exclusive?*
Edited by Valykc on November 28, 2016 1:20PM
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    why a ps4 pro and not just a ps4 slim?

You wont get any real benefit form the pro without the 4tv and the slim does everything.

You'll already have psn so you just relog and good to go.

The last of us kinda seals the deal really, not sure why you would consider an xbox given your likes etc etc
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suter1972 wrote: »
    why a ps4 pro and not just a ps4 slim?

You wont get any real benefit form the pro without the 4tv and the slim does everything.

You'll already have psn so you just relog and good to go.

The last of us kinda seals the deal really, not sure why you would consider an xbox given your likes etc etc

Yeah someone said they same thing and I have a slim on hold at my local game store. I put Xbox in because I like Halo as well but I feel like the series went downhill after halo 2 so it's not enough to make me want to get a whole console for.
  • lungbutter89
    lungbutter89
    Soul Shriven
    Just bought a PS4 pro and ESO looks absolutely stunning on it.

That being said if you don't have a UHD television, you won't get the full benefit for getting the Pro. It will still be better but not what I would call $399 better.

So get the new PS4 slim model. It seems to fit what your looking for.
    PS4 NA | PSN ID: lungbutter89
    Children of the Fence, Guildmaster

CP 650 (Characters below:)
    Lv. 50 Imperial Templar, Jonas Ganidus (Tank)
    Lv. 50 Breton Templar, Sir Heelzalot (Healer)
    Lv. 50 Nord Dragonknight, Pwnzar the Leet (Tank)
    Lv. 50 Dunmer Dragonknight, Trogdor the Burninatorx (Magicka DPS)
    Lv. 50 Redguard Sorcerer, Siddiq Et'Fadeel (Stamina DPS)
    Lv. 50 Altmer Sorcerer, Kelyan Talorngrim (Magicka DPS)
    Lv. 50 Khajiit Nightblade, Rhaz'kitteh (Stamina DPS)
    Lv. 50 Argonian Nightblade, Strikes-With-Darkness (Tank)
    Lv. 50 Orc Dragonknight, Borkul gro'Dushnihk (Stamina DPS)
    Lv. 50 Bosmer Templar, Gwilin the Agile (Stamina DPS)
    Lv. 50 Dunmer Sorcerer, Elvali Hlaalu (Magicka DPS)
    Lv. 50 Altmer Nightblade, Mirie Talorngrim (Magicka DPS)
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use PS4 I would use prepaid game cards for every purchase on PSN, and not ever save your credit/debit card info.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

We have closed this thread as the thread is requesting opinions for game platforms and televisions. We would like to ask that all threads be kept within the Community Rules. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.