Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Shada's Tear impossible

Dark_Claw
Dark_Claw
✭✭✭
Exactly what it says in the title.

For the past week or so I've been trying to clear this dungeon, but every time I get to Shada she totally obliterates me. It doesn't help that I can't find anyone to group with either, so right now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place (the rock being Shada and the hard place being my OCD-fuelled desire to 100% complete every zone I enter).

If anyone has any advice to offer or if someone could even lend a hand themselves it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What platform and server are you on?
    PC/EU DC
  • Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 EU
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The trick to Shada's tear is to have a long range interrupt and you MUST bash/interrupt those mages that appear on the rocks before they finish their casting. The boss itsself is rather weak and goes down quick, but once you figure out the rhythm of the adds you will be fine, it just takes coordination in case a team mate goes down.

Also, each player must stay on the little island. One each, as the water will hurt you. The only time you move from that island is when you need to rez a fallen member or to interrupt the boss there, because a member is dead, hence the need for a long range interrupt.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made it all the way to Shada solo and ran into the same problem. Eventually, I was able pull off a strategy for killing all 4 mages, but guess what? A few seconds later... they all spawn AGAIN. I gave up after this.

My Hardened Ward and Harness Magicka have gotten a lot bigger since then, though. Maybe it's time to try again...
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Finally killed her today. That has to be one of the most frustrating quests I've ever done, aside from Jathsogur of course.
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's a dungeon designed for a group of 4. If you choose to not go in with a group, of course it might be frustrating. Some dungeons are impossible to complete unless it's a full group of 4.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    @sebban I understand that. My problem isn't that it's intended for groups, it's that it's almost impossible to find a group because most of the other players are just running around farming mats. I'm currently trying to complete Missing Guardian, one of the quests where a 4 person group is essential, and so far I haven't seen a single person who's doing the same quest.
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark_Claw wrote: »
    @sebban I understand that. My problem isn't that it's intended for groups, it's that it's almost impossible to find a group because most of the other players are just running around farming mats. I'm currently trying to complete Missing Guardian, one of the quests where a 4 person group is essential, and so far I haven't seen a single person who's doing the same quest.

Yea, that is unfortunate. Not many people in Craglorn since the content is mostly irrelevant. If you are in a guild, maybe you can get some people to help you out? Or just wait for the "One Tamriel" update, where craglorn will be rebalanced for 1-2 people.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was in deed a very tough challenge - we did it with 3 and two of us had lots and lots of CPs. Took us a while to figure it out. Fortunately we were all in the same room and could coordinate our efforts. I cant imagine trying to solo this one. When we were done we felt pretty boss! I am looking forward to a revamped Craglorn as I want to take more of my charachters there.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark_Claw wrote: »
    Exactly what it says in the title.

For the past week or so I've been trying to clear this dungeon, but every time I get to Shada she totally obliterates me. It doesn't help that I can't find anyone to group with either, so right now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place (the rock being Shada and the hard place being my OCD-fuelled desire to 100% complete every zone I enter).

If anyone has any advice to offer or if someone could even lend a hand themselves it would be greatly appreciated.

Grab some god dps and a healer I will run you through dungeon and show you the strat. By far my favorite four man dungeon in game. And shade took about a week of nightly playing to get her down. *** reward though
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo'ed this dungeon again for the second time after years and i must say either we the players became too strong due to the cps or they have nerfed the bosses especially Shada. White it is still fun and little bit challenging, it is no where near as challenging as before as of in my first time.

This applies to majority of dungeons too nirn-wide. Zos please consider adding veteran mode versions to all dungeons
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A powerful necromancer, indeed. Hopefully ZOS can take a hint and make a necromancer class ;)
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to put this thread down, as it seemed to have died some time ago. At this time we'd like to try and keep Draugr threads from roaming around front page, pushing down newer and more lively threads. Please feel free to continue this discussion on a recent thread under the same subject, or create one if a recent one is not available.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.