Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

Lumsdenml
Lumsdenml
✭✭✭✭✭
Against my better judgment, I will give this one last go. I believe that, for the most part, the discussions have been fun and enjoyable. I feel that I've gotten to know some people on other factions a bit, and it is cool being killed by someone you recognize! :) Anyway, let's stick to talks of builds, funny stories (like the time I got jumped by 8 AD as I rode across the bridge and they bashed me to death as I fell out of my chair laughing), map strategy, which in game snacks you prefer, and of course... Ice trebs.
Edited by Lumsdenml on March 12, 2020 10:00PM
In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
Obituary:
RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lumsdenml , I'm going to 20/20 a keep as emp with ice trebs some day. That's my dream. I'll screenshot it.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • ŞσƦѦ
    ŞσƦѦ
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to start taking bets on who would try to be the first to create the next thread....
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Lumsdenml , I'm going to 20/20 a keep as emp with ice trebs some day. That's my dream. I'll screenshot it.

Video! :)
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should have created something like

"BWB-NA-PC-NO MODS ALLOWED"

I thought it was kind of silly for the last one to be shut down.. someone don't like us.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lumsdenml , I don't have that set up on my computer, but I'll be sure to have someone record it. Moments like that only come a couple times in a lifetime - it's probably comparable to the birth of a child.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for starting a new thread. I actually had to do a little work this morning due to lack of reading material.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Thank you for starting a new thread. I actually had to do a little work this morning due to lack of reading material.

We can't have that....
    Obituary:
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of getting the hint that we have to lie be nice to keep this thread up and running.

Say stuff like:

AD you guys are soo awesome!
    EP you are the best!

oh gosh I really did choke cloak on that last one.

Edited by vamp_emily on August 16, 2016 6:43PM

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people just need to realize that there is more than one perspective. I'm no good 1v1. But I'm good at other stuff. Everybody plays their own way. Right or wrong is all a matter of perspective. My opinion of course.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you feel that way, then you don't need to participate. I have friends on all factions and I think they're pretty great; frankly, a lot of us are in the same position. I don't think any of us want a thread that's predominantly negative, and I don't think any of us feel compelled to lie to keep a thread alive.

Let's just take a moment to acknowledge that right now AD has the most consistently high population. EP has the most consistently low population. DC has consistently been in the middle. This is sometimes subject to change given the different hours of the day. Often the population that is highest has control of the majority of Cyrodiil. In a perfect world all alliances would be at equal population, but this isn't the case right now.

But let's remind ourselves that even if odds are not in an alliance's favor that there is still a lot of fun to be found in PvP. And that fun can be found in a variety of ways depending on personal preference - be that dueling, soloing, small grouping, or zerging. Ultimately, it doesn't matter how you have fun as long as you have fun. This is, after all, a game.

Now, if you're not having fun, maybe find other ways to have fun? That may be in ESO PvE-land, another PvP campaign, another video game, or another activity. Personally, I do a lot of running, reading, and rock climbing (bouldering and sport climbing mostly).

Anyway, that's my piece on campaign health and having fun. I do hope this thread stays quite a bit more positive and I apologize because I feel a bit responsible for egging on the closure of the last one.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just popping in to say goodbye. It has been cool to meet some of the people who I fight. Mad respect to most of you. See you all in game. : ))
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to start using Stone Fist again. Only because it's funny to knock people down. Don't know why it's so funny but I sure get a kick out of it.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ŞσƦѦ
    ŞσƦѦ
    ✭✭✭
    So... previously I focused only on stamina classes (stam nb - stam dk). I heard a lot of talk about how overpowered and easy stamina was so I decided to give magicka a shot. My friend went magicka sorc and I did a magicka templar and nightblade. I'm blown away by how much better magicka classes perform in BWB and find it to be a very clear misconception that stamina classes are "overpowered" or "easy".

You can literally just stand there hitting healing ward and heavy attacks and survive any one opponent. Magicka classes restore resources far easier than stamina allowing them to stack spell damage and with 5-7pc heavy and resto staff you get something like 80% more resources per heavy attack (in addition to the fact that most magicka builds have abilities that give them resources back as well). Due to the much easier resource management you are able to use food instead of drink giving you a lot more stats too.

Since you aren't relying on stamina for your buffs and attacks you always have stamina to dodge roll or break free as long as you don't use it unwisely (like dodge rolling over and over).

I am of course only referring to the BWB campaign, I know that most CP players don't have resource issues no matter if stam or magicka.

Anyways that's my opinion. How do you guys feel about it?
    Edited by ŞσƦѦ on August 16, 2016 7:24PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Thinking out loud.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Freakquent
    Freakquent
    ✭✭
    ŞσƦѦ wrote: »
    So... previously I focused only on stamina classes (stam nb - stam dk). I heard a lot of talk about how overpowered and easy stamina was so I decided to give magicka a shot. My friend went magicka sorc and I did a magicka templar and nightblade. I'm blown away by how much better magicka classes perform in BWB and find it to be a very clear misconception that stamina classes are "overpowered" or "easy".

You can literally just stand there hitting healing ward and heavy attacks and survive any one opponent. Magicka classes restore resources far easier than stamina allowing them to stack spell damage and with 5-7pc heavy and resto staff you get something like 80% more resources per heavy attack (in addition to the fact that most magicka builds have abilities that give them resources back as well). Due to the much easier resource management you are able to use food instead of drink giving you a lot more stats too.

Since you aren't relying on stamina for your buffs and attacks you always have stamina to dodge roll or break free as long as you don't use it unwisely (like dodge rolling over and over).

I am of course only referring to the BWB campaign, I know that most CP players don't have resource issues no matter if stam or magicka.

I realized that too, vetted out 3 stamina based toons before realizing that Mag NB/Sorc are extremely good classes for both pve and pvp. I love how easy it is to get resources back with a Mag NB. Mine literally has like 700 regen and I could be back at full magicka with 3 heavy attacks and a tri pot. I've since made multiple magicka based toons.
    Edited by Freakquent on August 16, 2016 7:30PM
    CP400+
    PC/NA PVP: BWB, Trueflame, Haderus & Azura's
    Typically known as Eunil - Peio - Dobrev
    Pugz - Imperial Trade Union - The Guardians Galore
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Hey folks, we thought it would be a good idea to post early in this discussion to lay down some ground rules.

We understand this is a PVP forum and there will be some trash talk and razzing. This is acceptable, as long as it remains generally good-natured.

If you feel someone has crossed the line, click that button in the lower right corner that says "Report" to send it to the moderation team for review. It's very helpful if you explain how the comment being reported has violated our forum rules. When you've reported a comment, and this part is key, do not respond to it! This will only exacerbate the situation and create more work for the moderator.

A good, general, rule of thumb is this: if you'd be embarrassed for your mom to read what you're about to write, don't post. Alternatively, consider how would you feel if someone were to say that to someone you love? If it would elicit any negative emotion, don't post.

You don't have to be nice, just decent.

Edit: we did remove a post that might have derailed the thread and a couple of responses.
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on August 16, 2016 7:33PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had much better luck with magicka based characters. I mainly played stamina DK and stamina NB. I generally only play magicka now unless I'm tanking trials.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm... I've found survivability an issue with the magica toons I've created, but found that much easier with my stam DK (which I am on about 90% of the time). I've created a magsorc that I haven't played too much, but found I can do a lot of damage with, but again, is squishy. I'm wondering if the light armor is not much of a benefit and may craft some heavy armor for him...
    Edited by Lumsdenml on August 16, 2016 8:04PM
    Obituary:
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm blown away by how much better magicka classes perform in BWB and find it to be a very clear misconception that stamina classes are "overpowered" or "easy".

Stamina (all classes, but esp. NB) has e-z mode burst, which gives it an advantage in 1v1 scenarios. I have hella more sustain on mag temp than my stamsorc, but I'm not hitting anybody with a 15k alpha strike on magplar in BWB.

Magblade and magplar are crazy good but both have hard counters (as does magplar). mag DK just feels super satisfying and has the best animations in the game, which is more than enough reason to play it.

I've never really enjoyed mag sorc in BWB, just because so many of the definitive skills (ward, mines, streak) are late in the class trees, but they certainly aren't underpowered. Negate is possibly the best PvP ult in the game.

Healing ward is super frustrating in a 1v1.

Stam management in no-CP is really interesting on a magicka class. Learning when to just stand in a root rather than pointlessly roll makes all the difference. I had a 1v1 against some magplar a few months ago in which I realized they instinctively rolled whenever I rooted them...so I just bombarded 3 times and then hardCCed them with no stam.
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    You don't have to be nice, just decent.

This is an amazing sentence.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on August 16, 2016 8:10PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ŞσƦѦ
    ŞσƦѦ
    ✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Hmmmm... I've found survivability an issue with the magica toons I've created, but found that much easier with my stam DK (which I am on about 90% of the time). I've created a magsorc that I haven't played too much, but found I can do a lot of damage with, but again, is squishy. I'm wondering if the light armor is not much of a benefit and may craft some heavy armor for him...
    Yeah, heavy armor is the way to go IMO.
    I find magicka sorc to actually be one of the most tanky setups for BWB. My friend plays a magicka sorc w/ roughly 33k spell resist and 27k physical resist and the pets not only get in the way and absorb some of the hits on him, but the pet heal heals him for roughly 50% of his health (and he has around 33k health I believe).

And then there's healing ward too...

He's pretty hard to kill without 5+ ppl on him and this is without conjured ward, streak, etc.

Edited by ŞσƦѦ on August 16, 2016 8:30PM
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Yeah, heavy armor is the way to go IMO.
    I find magicka sorc to actually be one of the most tanky setups for BWB. My friend plays a magicka sorc w/ roughly 33k spell resist and 27k physical resist and the pets not only get in the way and absorb some of the hits on him, but the pet heal heals him for roughly 50% of his health (and he has around 33k health I believe).

And then there's healing ward too...

He's pretty hard to kill without 5+ ppl on him and this is without conjured ward, streak, etc.

Hmmmmmm... Food for thought, thanks! Sounds like I need to go to mag sorc school! :) I'll prob run my stam DK until he vets out then focus on the sorc.
    Obituary:
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is what AD calls strategy.

ad.png

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what DC and EP call it in Azura's and Haderus?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely agree with the sentiment that you shouldn't follow the "general consensus" on how good or bad a class is without trying it yourself. I made my Stamplar back when many people considered it to be among the worst classes for PVP, and even remembered being told in zone chat that it isn't even worth trying to play Stamplar. Yet I absolutely fell in love with it. It wasn't as strong as my Mag NB (I believe this was around the time when Cyrodiil was filled with proxy det AOE bomb NBs, and many people considered NBs to be overpowered), but it was pretty darn close, and by going against the grain I discovered what has become my favorite class to play.

With all the talk about how bad Mag DK is, I started playing one of those not long ago too, and while it certainly felt weaker than any other class I've played, it still felt quite a bit stronger than many people made it out to be, and is definitely a lot of fun to play.

One thing I do like about Stamina builds over Magicka in BWB is that it has an easily accessible jewelry set in Shadow Walker, where the only easily obtainable jewelry set I've been able to find for Magicka is Warlock, which caps at level 20. If anybody is aware of a Magicka based set with jewelry that is fairly easy to obtain and goes all the way up to level 50 though, I'd love to know.

Also, on the topic of using food over drink, have you tried the Orsinium food that buffs Health+Magicka regen or Stamina regen? It may be a bit unconventional, but using it allows me to get both my damage and regen pretty high at the expense of max Magicka/Stamina.
  • ŞσƦѦ
    ŞσƦѦ
    ✭✭✭

I definitely agree with the sentiment that you shouldn't follow the "general consensus" on how good or bad a class is without trying it yourself. I made my Stamplar back when many people considered it to be among the worst classes for PVP, and even remembered being told in zone chat that it isn't even worth trying to play Stamplar. Yet I absolutely fell in love with it. It wasn't as strong as my Mag NB (I believe this was around the time when Cyrodiil was filled with proxy det AOE bomb NBs, and many people considered NBs to be overpowered), but it was pretty darn close, and by going against the grain I discovered what has become my favorite class to play.

With all the talk about how bad Mag DK is, I started playing one of those not long ago too, and while it certainly felt weaker than any other class I've played, it still felt quite a bit stronger than many people made it out to be, and is definitely a lot of fun to play.

One thing I do like about Stamina builds over Magicka in BWB is that it has an easily accessible jewelry set in Shadow Walker, where the only easily obtainable jewelry set I've been able to find for Magicka is Warlock, which caps at level 20. If anybody is aware of a Magicka based set with jewelry that is fairly easy to obtain and goes all the way up to level 50 though, I'd love to know.

Also, on the topic of using food over drink, have you tried the Orsinium food that buffs Health+Magicka regen or Stamina regen? It may be a bit unconventional, but using it allows me to get both my damage and regen pretty high at the expense of max Magicka/Stamina.
    Well on a magicka nb I don't need any regen really so I run food. On a stam nb it's trickier because you need some magicka recovery in order to keep relentless focus up along with fear/cloak but you also really need stam recovery so I run the blue stam/magicka recovery drink. The max hp + stam OR magicka regen one doesn't work since I need both. The gold one that gives max hp + tri regen would would but it costs too much to maintain.

I also get the feeling that magicka DK is far stronger than people claim it is and that will be my next project. Just from playing a stam DK and seeing both morphs, I can already envision a few strong ways to build. I bet they especially shine in small grp pvp where you can keep everyone locked down with talons inside of your standard + other aoe dps.

As far as jewelry for magicka classes goes, I actually found it easier to get the best jewelry for magicka. I'm not sure if you know about imperial city chests or not but you can buy 60 pieces to open the chests for willpower jewelry really cheap compared to the pieces needed for agility jewelry for stamina classes. It's literally about 4 times cheaper for magicka. Ofc you could always farm them yourself but who wants to do that?

I've gotten full lvl 10, 20, and 30 willpower jewelry so far w/ arcane trait by doing imperial city chests (my char is lvl 30 - will get the rest when I lvl lol).
    Edited by ŞσƦѦ on August 17, 2016 2:23AM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well on a magicka nb I don't need any regen really so I run food. On a stam nb it's trickier because you need some magicka recovery in order to keep relentless focus up along with fear/cloak but you also really need stam recovery so I run the blue stam/magicka recovery drink. The max hp + stam OR magicka regen one doesn't work since I need both. The gold one that gives max hp + tri regen would would but it costs too much to maintain.

I also get the feeling that magicka DK is far stronger than people claim it is and that will be my next project. Just from playing a stam DK and seeing both morphs, I can already envision a few strong ways to build. I bet they especially shine in small grp pvp where you can keep everyone locked down with talons inside of your standard + other aoe dps.

As far as jewelry for magicka classes goes, I actually found it easier to get the best jewelry for magicka. I'm not sure if you know about imperial city chests or not but you can buy 60 pieces to open the chests for willpower jewelry really cheap compared to the pieces needed for agility jewelry for stamina classes. It's literally about 4 times cheaper for magicka. Ofc you could always farm them yourself but who wants to do that?

I've gotten full lvl 10, 20, and 30 willpower jewelry so far w/ arcane trait by doing imperial city chests (my char is lvl 30 - will get the rest when I lvl lol).

I primarily play a MagDK and would recommend this class to everybody. Very challenging but the most rewarding of any class I have played. Very fun!
    Edited by Stridig on August 17, 2016 3:13AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Setana_Shial
    Setana_Shial
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

ad.png

why do I see the name Azura's Star half cut off in this pic?
    wait my bad thats your guest
    Edited by Setana_Shial on August 17, 2016 4:07AM
    Setana Shial, Marian Shial, Onalia Shial, Alanna Shial
    AD from the beginning, AD till the end
    Guild: Agents of the Dominion
  • Setana_Shial
    Setana_Shial
    ✭✭✭
    But for future shots please show the campaign
    Setana Shial, Marian Shial, Onalia Shial, Alanna Shial
    AD from the beginning, AD till the end
    Guild: Agents of the Dominion
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ad.png

why do I see the name Azura's Star half cut off in this pic?
    wait my bad thats your guest

That's weird. I was on for a few hours tonight and Azura's Star was 2 bars AD, 3 bars EP, and 3 bars DC. Maybe the wrong screenshot from a different day was posted by accident? Or is it just showing the guest campaign as Azura's Star?
    Edited by Stridig on August 17, 2016 4:18AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭

ad.png

You want to talk strategy? What's with DC wanting to team green EP as they were pushing hard to dethrone at Alessia?

OSwj4ze.png
    FIXS9t7.png
    47Bnp0P.png
    Edited by EdmundTowers on August 17, 2016 5:18AM
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
This discussion has been closed.