Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The automatic perma-bans

Erondil
Erondil
✭✭✭✭✭
Emperors that never used Third party program getting perma-banned and receive :
We’ve noticed some unusual behavior on this account related to Ultimate Abilities. As a result, we regret to inform you that this account has been permanently disabled and will no longer be eligible to participate in any ZeniMax Online services.

If you wish to appeal this ban, you may do so by taking the following steps:

• Open the Support page on the official ESOTU website and click on Email or contact Customer Support here.
• Once the support e-mail opens, choose Account / Billing under "What kind of problem are you experiencing?"
• Choose "I Would Like to appeal a suspension/ban." from the Select a Subcategory dropdown menu.
• Describe the problem in the space provided.
• Click Submit Question to send the appeal to Customer Support.

Warm Regards,
The Elder Scrolls Online Team
08f.png

~retired~
EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
Youtube Channel
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Aprodite
    Aprodite
    ✭✭
    Ok
    Rip Aprodite - Sorcerer AD-Eur (it was fun untill patch 1.6, I became a tank. They gave me this strong shield to protect me. It became stronger if I stacked magicka. I never asked for this and now you expect from me to relearn my sorcerer again and spent my hardworking money on a broken game.. what do you think? Never forget 5-29-2016!) What a mess!
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aprodite wrote: »
    Ok

No, the point is precisely that its not ok, to permanently ban people that have never done anything wrong (except dedicating enough time to the game to get emperor) ;)
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they didn't figure out yet that when u have emperor in pvp u have 2x more ulti gain
    If even using a gap closer in this game is an exploiting I wouldn't be surprised

Oh btw the saddest part is that cheaters can just set the same ulti gain as emperors has and pretend like they didn't hack at all
    Edited by Jaybe_Mawfaka on May 31, 2016 9:55AM
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nafirian wrote: »

Ban inc, drop the emp fam :D
  • Aprodite
    Aprodite
    ✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    Ok

No, the point is precisely that its not ok, to permanently ban people that have never done anything wrong (except dedicating enough time to the game to get emperor) ;)[/quote

I took notice of this treat and I am not suprised this will happen. If your emp hasn't cheat, don't worry he will get his account back. Otherwise cyro is better without cheaters.
    Rip Aprodite - Sorcerer AD-Eur (it was fun untill patch 1.6, I became a tank. They gave me this strong shield to protect me. It became stronger if I stacked magicka. I never asked for this and now you expect from me to relearn my sorcerer again and spent my hardworking money on a broken game.. what do you think? Never forget 5-29-2016!) What a mess!
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is happening now?

I really do hope that it's not just ultimates they monitor and ban now and call it a day but really starts looking into cheating. Unfortunately I think they will only look into people throwing ultimates too often and ban them and that's it.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nafirian wrote: »

Ban inc, drop the emp fam :D

I was legitimately surprised i wasn't banned when i woke up. The amount of meteors into tether into liek 4 more meteors i pulled off yesterday was insane. Thanks ZOS Don't ban me yet :(
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    So this is happening now?

I really do hope that it's not just ultimates they monitor and ban now and call it a day but really starts looking into cheating. Unfortunately I think they will only look into people throwing ultimates too often and ban them and that's it.

And some people that never used a third party program are also getting banned. Yes its happening.
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloodspawn users are doomed! Oh and Tava's Blessing and all NB's, yay!
    PC EU
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's Zos master plan to ban all competitive, ultimate-focused tanks in both PvE and PvP!

#NURF
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil the only thing they can do is petition it like the email says.

I would send a PM to Jessica about the issue and let her know that things might be effecting legitimate Emperors as well.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got banned as well. Throwed 4ulti same time as emp in the past xd
    Edited by Sheey on May 31, 2016 8:02AM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom All the variables haven't been taken into account. An ultimate centric build, emperor, or a vast gain of ultimate by blowing up a lot of peeps (say you use Soul Tether, then gain enough ultimate back from the kills, you can instantly recast Soul Tether) will trigger the automatic ban.

And there I wanted to roll an ulti build for DB... Duh...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many got banned? I'm not really surprised though, given that major ZOS employees have a hard time understanding how their own game works.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "You did 2 soul harvest in 1 burst combo". "yeah, that's your game, ZOS"

"well, you gap closed into a keep". ":/"
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on May 31, 2016 8:23AM
    PC EU
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many got banned? I'm not really surprised though, given that major ZOS employees have a hard time understanding how their own game works.

Current count for EU too my knowledge is 3 being @AyelineESO @Sheey @Tower_Of_Shame (Daryn)
  • Aprodite
    Aprodite
    ✭✭
    Don't be suprised this witch hunt happen now. You can't farm players over and over. Now they take revenge and report you for cheating. Zos ban your account to look into and if don't use any cheat program, you get your account back.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be suprised this witch hunt happen now. You can't farm players over and over. Now they take revenge and report you for cheating. Zos ban your account to look into and if don't use any cheat program, you get your account back.

Of course "we" can. Just because a boatload of scrubs reports someone, they shouldn't hand out bans.
    playing for eXile

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sooo sorry for you!
    Really
    But you must stand your man and bear the punicement you deserved yourself
    and please
    don´t await any emphasis from others
    cia
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, come on. 43 people are banned and they just happen to have banned innocents in that?

Not too long ago with the survey exploit scam, ZOS pointed out there were no innocent bans and not to believe the waves of forum posts.

And I'd honestly be surprised if we weren't expecting dozens of 'emperors' claiming innocently to have been banned now that they're taking care of exploiters. Don't be fooled.
  • Apocalypse1981
    Apocalypse1981
    ✭✭✭
    All criminals claim they are innocent.
    All hackers do so too.
    Enjoy your permabans, cheaters.
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    The 3 laws of Hacking responses:

1. Some but not all of the hackers will be banned
    2. Some legitimate players will get banned in error - appeals may or may not work
    3. Some hackers will be vocal in protesting their innocence - in an effort to either avoid getting banned or assist with an appeal.

This is the consequence of hacking.
    Some of these people thought they where only affecting their group or groups - It never works like this.
    The response to hacking is always significantly wider than the actual cheats.
    Developers at this time are extremely sensitive to the image of their game - both within and without. So it is only natural they often react with a shoot first, talk later approach.
    Their game has been polluted by liars & cheats who have damaged the reputation and likely popularity, not only of the game, but possibly the company as whole.

And also of other players, of you and me, who can be viewed as playing a hackable game - oh they are doing well in that game, they must be using the hack.

So the affected company does react with often initial broad hits. Better for them to be seen taking hard line action rather than taking a soft approach, which can be seen as somehow accepting that people will bend the rules.

For those who have truly been incorrectly removed from the game - I honestly hope you are reinstated, and asap.

This is what happens when players hack. You're not some clever person, not some hardcore gamer.
    You are just a pollutant that contaminates.

Edited by Rakkul on May 31, 2016 8:48AM
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess this is getting very interesting :)

who's getting banned and why? do we see legitimate bans or is there system a mess?

maybe a bit of both worlds?
    We’ve noticed some unusual behavior on this account related to Ultimate Abilities.

Well, i guess what they are saying here is that they are only barely scratching the surface.
    According to the following link, there are real issues with cheating. way more subtle and not the r******d and obvious ulti spam:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/268389/a-message-from-zazeer-hacking/p1

has anyone yet seen a ZOS statement about their great cheat protection? (looking forward for a good laugh)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rakkul wrote: »
    The 3 laws of Hacking responses:

1. Some but not all of the hackers will be banned
    2. Some legitimate players will get banned in error - appeals may or may not work
    3. Some hackers will be vocal in protesting their innocence - in an effort to either avoid getting banned or assist with an appeal.

This is the consequence of hacking.
    Some of these people thought they where only affecting their group or groups - It never works like this.
    The response to hacking is always significantly wider than the actual cheats.
    Developers at this time are extremely sensitive to the image of their game - both within and without. So it is only natural they often react with a shoot first, talk later approach.
    Their game has been polluted by liars & cheats who have damaged the reputation and likely popularity, not only of the game, but possibly the company as whole.

And also of other players, of you and me, who can be viewed as playing a hackable game - oh they are doing well in that game, they must be using the hack.

So the affected company does react with often initial broad hits. Better for them to be seen taking hard line action rather than taking a soft approach, which can be seen as somehow accepting that people will bend the rules.

For those who have truly been incorrectly removed from the game - I honestly hope you are reinstated, and asap.

This is what happens when players hack. You're not some clever person, not some hardcore gamer.
    You are just a pollutant that contaminates.

pretty much this>>>

Its amazing how toxic eso community population is. No wonder there finally came this meltdown. It took enough cries from ppl finally to admit that this game is getting screwed by these *** and then grey area cheaters and whatever else you can cheat/exploit/hack.

I hope in future Zeni will be firm in getting ASAP rid of all these ppl who cant play without somehow abusing something.
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am sooo sorry for you!
    Really
    and please
    cia

LOL what a scrub..

@Erondil appeal to unban u! Just WTF

I haven't loged on Selene yet, but honestly I was perma invisible with batswarm when I was empress, cause u gain ulti so fast + bloodspawn.. If I get banned casue that I am rage quiting..

So they start to ban good players, whos never used hacks, just GJ..

But its ZOS logic, better to ban all than only few, so beware if u throwed 2 meteors in 1 minute u will get ban for sure!!
    Edited by Ryuho on May 31, 2016 8:52AM
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the cheat engin allows for modification of values to recovery and not just ult gen. There are quite a few people ive seen who use dodge roll and block waaaay more than any legitimate build should be able to. No way to verify though. Hopefully ZOS catches all these cheaters and dishes out that perma ban. Hoepfully innocents dont get caught in the cross fire. But they were pretty adamant about not having banned innocents during the survey exploit while forums had tons of cries of oh I didnt exploit but got banned. I guess its ZOS word VS the players... Hard to take a side...
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    I wonder if the cheat engin allows for modification of values to recovery and not just ult gen.
    From what I've read here, yes. Can change quite a few of your stats apparently.
    There are quite a few people ive seen who use dodge roll and block waaaay more than any legitimate build should be able to. No way to verify though. Hopefully ZOS catches all these cheaters and dishes out that perma ban.
    Yes.
    Hoepfully innocents dont get caught in the cross fire.
    This will happen.
    But they were pretty adamant about not having banned innocents during the survey exploit while forums had tons of cries of oh I didnt exploit but got banned. I guess its ZOS word VS the players... Hard to take a side...
    My guess is that this is much harder to track than a few hundred raw mats gained from a single survey. I really hope they don't go with "better ban to be safe" because I really doubt their understanding of their own game mechanics, of what is possible and what is not.
    playing for eXile

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Despite the obvious facepalm, at least we know that their ulti rate query works!
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuho wrote: »
    I am sooo sorry for you!
    Really
    and please
    cia

LOL what a scrub..

@Erondil appeal to unban u! Just WTF

I haven't loged on Selene yet, but honestly I was perma invisible with batswarm when I was empress, cause u gain ulti so fast + bloodspawn.. If I get banned casue that I am rage quiting..

So they start to ban good players, whos never used hacks, just GJ..

But its ZOS logic, better to ban all than only few, so beware if u throwed 2 meteors in 1 minute u will get ban for sure!!

Wasnt talking about myself dw :p
    i guess this is getting very interesting :)

who's getting banned and why? do we see legitimate bans or is there system a mess?

maybe a bit of both worlds?
    We’ve noticed some unusual behavior on this account related to Ultimate Abilities.

Well, i guess what they are saying here is that they are only barely scratching the surface.
    According to the following link, there are real issues with cheating. way more subtle and not the r******d and obvious ulti spam:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/268389/a-message-from-zazeer-hacking/p1

has anyone yet seen a ZOS statement about their great cheat protection? (looking forward for a good laugh)

There is a system where people get automatic ban if they got a certain amount of report for the same reason. That works for "offensive" char names and zos might have enabled it for ultimate cheat. If they did people too dumb to notice somebody is emperor, or just salty can report someone and get him banned although no third party program was used. Thats what happened to some people yesterday.
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
This discussion has been closed.