Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A message from Zazeer - Hacking

Azrael01
Azrael01
✭✭✭
I am posting this on behalf of Zazeer

"Greetings all, I am Zazeer.
Over the last two years I have enjoyed many countless hours on the Elder scrolls Online, primarily in PvP, i made a name for myself and my Guild, I made it to the rank of Alliance War General
and despite the many seemingly "game breaking" bugs we have endured i have managed to enjoy my time in ESO.
By now everyone has seen the countless threads, videos and photos of myself and others hacking the game and giving ourselves an unfair advantage in the forms of Unlimited Ultimate, resources and the ability to fly.
Many of you have questioned why someone who has invested so much time and money into this game would throw it all away like this, while many others have expressed their anger and hatred toward me in various forms
for ruining their game-play. To those people, I apologize, I too would be furious if this had happened to me,I too would take to the forums in protest.

Two days ago i was made aware that it was possible to run the Elder scrolls Online through Cheat Engine and alter almost any value to the users liking, I was then filled in on how players have been doing this since launch but discreetly, increasing game speed by just enough so that they can hit you with 3 attacks in a second but claim to be great animation cancelers and get away with it, drop ultimate's at a seemingly fast pace but call it a ulti regen build, and remember that time the 1vX pro you were fighting never ran out of resources? My reaction to this was to enquire how this could have gone on for so long, how a game of this scale can get away with not having any anti-cheat software, how had this not been reported? As it turned out this issue had been reported MANY times in the past, entire demonstrations on how to do this very thing had been sent in yet no action taken, everything swept under the rug. I considered how best to deal with this problem as a player who will now suspect everyone I come across and wonder if they are legit, i could submit yet another ticket as players have done in the past to no avail, I could write a forum thread which might gain some attention but not enough to worry Zos and players who aren't being affected by it would say "yeah that sucks but not happening to me" and that would be that, so instead I made a decision to expose what has been going on and to force a response, I decided to take the hack and put it on display for all to see, to be made aware of, I looked over my account that i had spent 2 years working on, an account that meant a lot to me and accepted that this was the day Zazeer died.Friends who no longer had faith in the progress of this game decided to go down with me and we did our best to enjoy our last hours on ESO, while painful & frustrating for everyone else our goal was to show everybody what was going on, to get everyone's attention, to affect every person that we could so that it could not be ignored, the more frustrated the players were the more vocal they would be, we walked into zenimax's house and set it on fire, made a problem that could not be ignored any longer. we demonstrated what could be done on live streams so that players could understand the massive extent of the issue, and for the first time in ESO history our entire community united in protest, Threads of outrage and disappointment filled the forums, you shouted as one and Zenimax could not ignore you any longer, the spread of this issue could not be contained or swept under the rug. It may have cost me my account, and a few hours of complete frustration for others but the point has been made and those who are hacking the game can hide no more, everyone will be looking for signs of cheating.

You can be mad at me, disagree with my methods, be disgusted at me, but at the end of it all the truth is now right there for everyone to see, the hackers are now panicking, the Developers are working on fixes and we as a community have spoken, hacking is not acceptable & what is even more unacceptable is that there are no systems in place to prevent hacking.
Here's to a brighter future for ESO!"

Yours truly
Zazeer - V16 Nightblade
Guild Master: Guild of Shadows
Destroyer of Buff Servers
Former Emperor of Dawnbreaker 2.0
1st Grand Slam Emperor (Azuras Star, Thornblade, Chillrend, Haderus, Blackwater Blade, Trueflame, Axe of Belharza)
Destroyer of Worlds

Story Writer - English not first Language

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. But you should still be banned.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... if true this is indeed terrible and just confirms my feelings, that hacking smart with the same over 10 years old CE could be possible and would make detecting this very hard. Not that im going to praise Zaz but i can understand the level of frustration that can lead to such behavior.

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly disagree with the methods. I get what you were trying to do, and youre still my friend, always will be, game shenanigans never matter there, but you martyred yourself for a game that we all know is never going to live up to expectations.

You also destroyed your legacy, and potentially hurt the reputations of your peers and supporters that ran with you.

I get it man, I do, but I disagree with what youve done. You were kicked from DR because of this, which I am sure you know by now.

Ill talk to you soon on TS somewhere, but man this was wrong, even for a somewhat noble cause. The only bright spot I even see is that it got developments attention, it didnt help the community one bit if ZoS doesnt now take immediate action. Your fire has spread into a firestorm and this crap is everywhere overtly now.

You know me, I have always been the one against cheaters, exploiters, etc, and we argued many many nights in TS over guys like Blinx and stuff like that. Im a straight shooter, and I hate what the culture of this game has turned in to, so much so my friend has now decided it is necessary to destroy himself to make it known how screwed up the game is.

All the love man, but I want to punch you, hard.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how-gotham-season-2-just-beat-christopher-nolan-at-his-own-game-648394.jpg

EDIT: Just in case you might think I support his actions: nope. The intent, while fine if it's actually true, has been poorly executed to say the least. There are WAY better ways to actually showcase the issue without burning everything to the ground. Good luck tracking down every single user of this CE. Good luck saying to potential gamers "our game is fine and there's no bug nor cheats!".

I can but hope that it makes the game better in the long run, regardless of the atrocious methods used to do so, but I doubt it'll end well. Likewise, Zos just took 3 extra steps into the abyss because of this.
    Edited by Asmael on May 30, 2016 3:30PM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well aren't we full of ourselves. What was it that the dragon said about all the pretty titles. I think you might have missed barrel rider cause no one really cares or cared that you proved or showed something that every player knows. But thanks for the LONG rant over what ZOS doesn't do.

On a side note, I hope you don't get banned. I've enjoyed playing against you all.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Well aren't we full of ourselves. What was it that the dragon said about all the pretty titles. I think you might have missed barrel rider cause no one really cares or cared that you proved or showed something that every player knows. But thanks for the LONG rant over what ZOS doesn't do.

On a side note, I hope you don't get banned. I've enjoyed playing against you all.

On a side note, DR did notice your group has a few guys using the exploit, might want to check your own house, because we did report them. So watch the smug high and mighty attitude. People act all indignant and quick to play armchair juror, but they then adopt the easy mode cause they saw it on a video.
    Edited by Rylana on May 30, 2016 3:08PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

Uhh no . Batman didn't use a cheat engine .
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He would have Anti-Zerg spray in his utility belt.
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not demonstrate on NPCs or in PVE? Why did you need to use it against other players?
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We all know when ZoS fix something. When the exploit is shown to public and it is out of control. Otherwise they dont care. They evaluate the situation and if the resources needed for the fix are too much they never do it.
    Because I can!
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh. Given how long you say this has been going on and your thought process on the whole matter, I respect your decision and agree with your methods. Still think you and all the other hackers should be banned, but you saw that one coming of course. Thank you for doing this, and may ZOS fix this *** asap.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Daymond
    Daymond
    ✭✭✭
    Could you not have just done this on the pts and make a video? Still would of showed how bad cheats can mess with the game but not mess the live servers up so much?
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nah, he's much more high tech and a bunch of gadgets and ninja training. Zaz didn't even need ninja training. #Badass

That's mostly how the thread felt. That said, I feel that there were better ways to do it than destroy everything ingame for it to happen.

No matter what isn't part of my luggage, and I can't really support this, even if I do hope that, somehow, it'll be better for the game's health in the long run.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, look at this scrub trying pass himself off as some kind of messiah on a crucifix. There's a reason vigilante justice is illegal in the real world. So idiots like you who think they know best don't end up causing causing irreparable damage that they can't even comprehend. But what do you care? Looks like you were gonna quit anyways. So I don't buy your story for a second, and even if I did, it's irrelevent in light of the damage you've caused.

You have always been and always will be trash in my eyes.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

He would have Anti-Zerg spray in his utility belt.

Definitely . But if I was gonna be the "hero" of ESO , I would a made a throw away account . Documented this engine 2 years ago and inboxed every employee at ZOS back then . Not squirm around for a year and half enjoying it and letting creep on the community , leading to bans for name and shame and arguing . A "Hero" would have done that . I had no idea what this was but got beat up by it for two years and accepted it as normal . I would say some choice words for Zazeer right now but I kiss people with this mouth ....

I hate Martyrdom ! I can't stand people that try to spin it into heroism ....
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on May 30, 2016 3:18PM
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You went about this entirely the wrong way. Point blank. You put this game on its death bed two days before a massive patch that could've saved the game, bringing back thousands of interested players who may now think twice about starting or returning. Yes this hacking was an issue, yes it needed to be addressed immediately, yes you gained everyone's attention. But the truth of the matter is you also created more of a monster than it EVER was before. Now, hundreds if not thousands of people have gained knowledge into this game breaking cheat when probably a few dozen knew of it before. The rest of us are at simply at their mercy as there is no quick fix to this madness and there is no resolve.

A much more practical method would have been to contact zenimax or one of the people that communicate with them regularly, set up a meeting, take to the pts, record, and demonstrate to them the extents of the insanity what was possible without unleashing this havoc upon the entire community. People were literally unable to play this weekend due to your antics without being murdered by 15 meteors at once. And now who knows what others have picked this up without any method of stopping them at this juncture in time.

If this game sees its last days, you are directly responsible and you should know that. What you have done is shameful and horrible and you should feel awful for ruining a game you claim to love. Despite what you say, I know the truth. I saw the videos and the outrage on the forums Sunday night and I know you did too. And long into the wee hours of Monday morning you continued to "raise awareness" with your cheating manipulations long after it was already clear the point had resonated with the community. Why did you do this? Attention. Just like you say. But not for the community. For your own selfish intents and notoriety. You did it because you were having fun killing everyone. You did it because you liked the power of being unstoppable, though realistically, you were much easier to kill even with infinite resources and ultimate than any decent player would have been.

You deserved to be banned. I hope it was permenant. Though your supposed intents were pure, your methods were despicable and you will be remembered as the person who destroyed this game above all else.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly Jules!
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting read
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm on xbox
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    A typical terrorist mindset.
    Aknight
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please read this , pass it on to those that can use the info and then burn it in some incinerator . Biggest insult to legit players I've ever read .
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah eso needed a wakeup call, but this? This is too much, you've just created terror.
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please read this , pass it on to those that can use the info and then burn it in some incinerator . Biggest insult to legit players I've ever read .

Let this pass over Gina, so she can have some kind of peace during her mat leave.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol what a nerd
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for bringing 3rd programs to the forefront. But it's a misguided sense of vigilantism. Here's why:

-you actually don't care for the well being of the game. If you did, you would have done a close test on one toon and sent video to zOS or actively sent them the link to download it.
    - In fact your actions above and by other hackers suggest you want the game to die. Week before a major patch, it's no rocket-science you know ZOS would be understaffed to tackle this issue. Why wait for this week to do it? Why not after DB? It's painfully obvious why it was done in this timeframe.

I expect AD and EP to follow DC's example in all guild leads to G-tick any individuals seen using these hacks. I expect the perfection in this community, so rise above it.

And I expect full bans from ZOS. Streamer, casual, or guild lead it doesn't matter.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you should have done is report this problem to ZOS. And include with your report a deadline for when you'll disclose this problem publicly.

Yes, public disclosure is sometimes necessary. Sometimes you do need to force someone's hand or give someone more incentive to prioritize a problem. But you do that through responsible disclosure. Give ZOS the heads-up, give them a reasonable amount of time to either fix or find ways to mitigate the problem, and by the end of that time, you can then go public.

And by reasonable, I mean something on the order of months, esp. for something like this that would take a substantial amount of rearchitecting to fully address. Google, for example, will typically give another party 60 days to fix something before they go public with a vulnerability. (As someone who has worked in software security and who has a rough inkling of the kind of work it would probably take to fully address a problem like this, 60 days frankly seems way too short.)

Timing this on a holiday weekend right before a major release is, at best, irresponsible, and at worst, malicious.
    Edited by code65536 on May 30, 2016 3:45PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of atheletes who "apologize" when caught using steroids and performance enhancing drugs and go on about how sorry they are. Of course the only thing they are "sorry" about is actually being caught. No way for any of us to know the real intent of Zazeer and truthfully it doesnt really matter

At the very least we can hope that all the videos, posts, and messages to ZOS will create some meaningful actions on their part. We know it will not be fast (probably will get the "next DLC" line) but I doubt they can ignore/sweep it under the rug
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever, the damage is done and Zenimax needs to fix this. And not just a band-aid fix in the form of banning players and hoping the problem goes away, but actually FIXING the code that allowed this to happen in the first place.

There's been a lot of "ESO is dying" noise over the last year but this game will actually die if this isn't completely fixed. I know I won't want to play a game where this kind of cheating exists.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing 3rd programs to the forefront. But it's a misguided sense of vigilantism. Here's why:

-you actually don't care for the well being of the game. If you did, you would have done a close test on one toon and sent video to zOS or actively sent them the link to download it.
    - In fact your actions above and by other hackers suggest you want the game to die. Week before a major patch, it's no rocket-science you know ZOS would be understaffed to tackle this issue. Why wait for this week to do it? Why not after DB? It's painfully obvious why it was done in this timeframe.

I expect AD and EP to follow DC's example in all guild leads to G-tick any individuals seen using these hacks. I expect the perfection in this community, so rise above it.

And I expect full bans from ZOS. Streamer, casual, or guild lead it doesn't matter.

AD and DC should follow EP's example actually. He was in DR, an EP guild, and he is no longer. We have also adopted a zero tolerance policy, any users of this cheat will be removed and reported, no appeal or questions asked.
This discussion has been closed.