The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Port forwarding to ESO - router

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
Dear,

For my port forwarding on the router I need Remote Host filled in.
Can anyone advice me in this matter?
Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Jimboo84 wrote: »
    Dear,

Why do you need port forwarding to play the game?
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Don't listen to CS bs. You will set your whole system open. Hackers love that!
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it helped me with my crashing issue so...
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Scraelos wrote: »
    Dear,

Why do you need port forwarding to play the game?

I actually don't know why Customer Service Desk is advising this.
    I complained for x times about high latency and low FPS

This should be the solution to them:
    Response By Email (Thomas) (03/25/2016 05:40 PM)
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited support team with your query.

It seems that the issue is caused by a connectivity problem and in order to resolve it I will ask you to try the following:

First of all make an exception/whitelist inside the anti-virus and Firewall softwares to allow either the Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited folder or the specific files of ESO.exe and the Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe.
    plus, for windows firewall here are the steps:
    - Open the Start Menu and type in the search box in the upper right Firewall.
    - Select the Windows Firewall option.
    - On the left pane select Allow a program or feature through the Windows Firewall.
    - Add both the ESO.exe and Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe.
    -These files can be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online directory
    -And in C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher.
    - Then click OK.

To exclude a file or folder from the Resident Shield detection:

Open the AVG program.
    From the Options menu, select Advanced Settings.
    In the left pane, select Exceptions.
    In the right pane, click Add Exception.
    In the drop-down menu, select exception type: File or Folder.
    Choose the Folder option.
    Find the Zenimax Online folder and choose to exclude it.
    Default location: C:/ Program Files (x86)/ Zenimax Online
    Be sure to include any sub-folders if the option is available.
    Select whether or not to apply the exception for other AVG components.
    Allow the Zenimax Online folder through all AVG components
    Click OK to save details of the exception.
    Click OK again to save the settings.

If players still require assistance with adding exceptions to AVG antivirus, please contact AVG support here: http://support.avg.com/

Please note: For network troubleshooting purposes, you should contact your ISP for the most accurate trouble-shooting.Nevertheless, I would advise you to try a few simple steps:
    To best access The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, I would recommend configuring your router to open the following outbound ports:
    -TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    -TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    -TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    • Update the firmware of your router (it is always a good step to take, as it prevents that an outdated firmware interferes on your connection).
    • Try to put your modem/router far from all electrical devices and do not coil up any excess signal or power cables (to eliminate possible interference problems).

If the above does not work, you can also flush your DNS, which should improve your connection:

Windows 8 and 10:
    • Press Win+X to open the menu
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
    • Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter
    • If it was successful, you will see the message "Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."
    • Power cycle the router to clear the cache so that it doesn't store the bad route

Windows 7:
    • Click on the Start button
    • Type cmd in the Start Menu
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
    • Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter
    • If it was successful, you will see the message "Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."
    • Power cycle the router to clear the cache so that it doesn't store the bad route

I hope this helps and don't hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!
    Fare thee well, adventurer, and remember to hail Sithis!
    I hope to see you back in the world of Tamriel.
    -The Shadowed Rogue, Thomas

============================

But I know that this will create a vulnerable desktop according to Open Ports.
    By default these ports are blocked in Belgium by our ISP's. Even after changing this ports I'm unable to login the game since last week. So I'm about to delete these opening ports.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    But this is not port forwarding.
    This will permit your machine to access certain ports through internet connection. This will not permit other internet users to access your ports. In default router setup all outbound ports are open for machines behind router.
    Scraelos wrote: »
    To best access The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, I would recommend configuring your router to open the following outbound ports:
    -TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    -TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    -TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    Edited by Scraelos on April 4, 2016 11:27AM
  • circesiren
    circesiren
    Soul Shriven
    I got the same exact response from the support desk. I run Windows 10 and I had to actually go to the virtual help desk to try to resolve the issue of firewalls. Windows 10 doesn't really allow you to add programs. I cross my heart I have done everything I was told and I still cannot get thru to char. select. So many folks are having this issue since last update, that one must finally realize the issue does NOT reside with us the player, but our game providers... just saying.. And I still sit here lookin at a most beautiful rendered graphic of folks around a fireplace with the infinite load still spinning.. much like the hamster wheel. but the hamster is LONG DEAD.. kinda like my game seems to be
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is from more then a year ago, we are closing it out as a necro. If you have a specific issue, please feel free to start a new thread.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 4, 2017 6:50PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.