Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ancient Orc Motif Specific Drop Locations

CaptainPocky
CaptainPocky
✭✭
Hello everyone! I have been trying to obtain the Ancient Orc style, and I thought it would be helpful to post what I've found.

Directly from the patch notes it is known that the pages are split between the two public dungeons, Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft. These are split specifically as follows:

Old Orsinium
  • Bows
  • Boots
  • Chests
  • Daggers
  • Gloves
  • Maces
  • Swords

Rkindaleft
  • Axes
  • Belts
  • Helmets
  • Legs
  • Shields
  • Shoulders
  • Staves

Note that all of these drops have been directly confirmed by players. (Thank you to those who contributed!) These will drop (very rarely) off of normal trash mobs and bosses in the dungeons. Boss locations can be found in the videos in this post. Cassiterite sand, the Ancient Orc material, has a higher chance of dropping the more pieces of Ancient Orc you know (similar to Mercenary's laurels). Feel free to add to our knowledge on this subject by verifying any of the below rumors.

Rumors:
  • Bosses have a higher drop rate than trash mobs for the motifs. (Completely certain -- Around 2-3% for bosses)
  • Containers in the dungeons can also drop the motifs. (Possible, but very, very rare)
  • The delves (torches) also can drop the motifs. (Very unlikely)
  • There may be a (short) drop cooldown after receiving a motif. (Unlikely -- though was apparently the case for Dwemer?)

CaptainPocky
Guild Master, Ye Olde Pabst Brewery (Xbox - NA)

(P.S. If anyone wants to send me some Akaviri motifs, I will love you for forever and eternity)
Edited by CaptainPocky on February 24, 2016 5:47AM
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I have spent many hours in the Orsinium public dungeons, and have found at least 20 motifs. the locations you have listed look pretty accurate. As far as the rumors go:

-bosses definitely do seem to have higher drop rate.

-I have never found an ancient orc motif in containers in the dungeons, and I make a point of searching all containers. I have found the 9 racial, daedric, ancient elf, barbaric, and primal motifs, and dwemer in Rkindaleft. I have found Blue, green, and purple recipes in said containers.

-I have never found an ancient orc motif in an Orsinium delve, I have found the same motifs and recipes mentioned above in them but not AO

-If there is a cooldown, it is not very long, I have found 2 in fairly rapid succession in Old Orsinium, can not give a specific timespan but less than 30 min. I normally do not farm for more than an hour at a time and have walked away with 2 more than once.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • CaptainPocky
    CaptainPocky
    ✭✭
    That is all very interesting and helps a lot! The reports I saw of people getting motifs in the delves were all from early on -- if I had to guess, it may have just been a rare glitch. Also, if you were able to get two pages in ~30 minutes, I'd definitely doubt the cooldown rumor. Anyway, I've updated the post with your information in mind.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Spent a few hours looking on several occasions and have killed about 15 bosses so far have yet to find one so like anything else without reward I gave up.
  • KaylynT
    KaylynT
    I ran through killing the bosses didn't get anything and was on my way out killed a mob on the way to the exit and got one. I haven't been able to get one since then.
  • CaptainPocky
    CaptainPocky
    ✭✭
    Yeah one thing I forgot to mention is that the drop rates are abysmal. Honestly I think the best way to go about it is to just hope that you get some while leveling alts or farming champ points in there, as you do at least get fairly decent XP.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm the Bows in Old Orsinium and the Staves in Rkindaleft

Both of off trash mobs

p.s., your guild name is awesome!
    N64 NA EP
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I picked up at least one from a container - I think it was staves.

They are certainly not common. While that's annoying for farmer's, it's better than the trash mercenary has become.
  • CaptainPocky
    CaptainPocky
    ✭✭
    Hmmm.. well if they do drop out of the containers, then it is definitely very rare. Updated the first post again. I just got chests off of the troll boss in the Spider wing in Old Orsinium last night, so I can confirm that as well. One of the more mysterious ones seem to be legs, I haven't even seen those in the guild traders very often.
    p.s., your guild name is awesome!
    Haha weeellll shucks, we're just a buncha good ol' amurica-lovin patriots here -- nothin' special! Sure do appreciate it though, go n' crack a PBR for me pal!
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    Drop rates do seem to low - spent 6 hours in Old Orsinium and pulled out 3 pages (each over an hour apart). Two were from bosses, and the third was from one of the trash mobs spawned during the Group Event.
  • CaptainPocky
    CaptainPocky
    ✭✭
    Found Legs in Rkindaleft strangely. Drop rates seem to be such that generally you can only expect to get a motif once every 2-3 hours.
  • BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    Found a helmet motif last night from a boss in rkindaleft. Wasn't looking for them in particular but was with my group and they were looking for them so I was just going along for the ride/xp. To their annoyance, I was the only one who got it from that boss even tho we were all involved in the fight and looting him at the same time. Feeling generous, I gave it to one of them on the condition that once they get all the pages that they make me armour sets (for personal use not sale).

Long live RNG.
    Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can confirm shield in Rkindaleft, so mark that on your list :)
    EU PC
  • CaptainPocky
    CaptainPocky
    ✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    I can confirm shield in Rkindaleft, so mark that on your list :)

Thanks! Just need confirmation of boots in Rkindaleft and that'll be everything!
  • heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished OO and Rkndleft dungeons. My friend got one motif page from each, from Bosses. I got zip, but she was lucky and got legs from Rkndleft and Bows from OO.
  • BullNetch
    BullNetch
    ✭✭✭
    I beat 8-10 bosses... found 2. That's probably a 20% drop rate if group event bosses count.

I found one dwemer motif in a Rkindaleft container.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BullNetch wrote: »
    I beat 8-10 bosses... found 2. That's probably a 20% drop rate if group event bosses count.

I found one dwemer motif in a Rkindaleft container.

You were lucky. I'm pretty sure drop rate is lower than that. I would say less than 10%.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I killed all Old Orsinium and RKindaleft boss all in solo in a row a day. 0 loot.
    It's more than 5%. You were lucky, that's all.
    Edited by Ayantir on February 14, 2016 12:58AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • CaptainPocky
    CaptainPocky
    ✭✭
    In my experience the drop rate appeared to be around 2-3% for bosses, and trust me -- I killed a lot of them!
    Edited by CaptainPocky on February 16, 2016 7:54AM
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    I got boots to drop off the Troll boss in Orsinium.

Staves off mobs in Rkindalift, and maces off wispmother boss in Orsinium.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • CaptainPocky
    CaptainPocky
    ✭✭
    Alright cool, that's the last of them then! Thanks to all who contributed!
  • jadnik
    jadnik
    Soul Shriven
    I found yesterday from killing old orsinium winterborn boss trio and i got chest chapter.
  • Lazarian
    Lazarian
    Nice, thanks for this, I need to get shields for a writ and no one is selling it at all. I've looked for the last month. I'll have to go farm it.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hoping mods won’t lock this cuz necro

This motif is a complete joke. I’ve spent like 3 hours farming and haven’t gotten a single drop. I would buy them from the store but they aren’t easily found in the store. Wish they would bump the drop rate :/
  • imbackwardsb14_ESO
    imbackwardsb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It’s 2019 and the RNG is still abysmal. Spend two hours farming solo and not a single drop. I get that farming should be tedious a bit but I can only do circles in a dungeon so many times before losing my sanity.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We’re in 2020 now.. drops are still awful. I’m returning to the game after a super long break. I want to finish this motif set..

(Mods pls don’t lock thread)
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is old and the information within may be out of date. You can create a new thread to continue this discussion to ensure that all of the information will be as up to date as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.