Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hooking Wrothgar's Biggest Catch

BlackEar
BlackEar
✭✭✭✭✭
For those lucky enough to catch the epic fish of Wrothgar I wanted to ask if you remember the time of day ingame when you caught it.

According to the NPC mentioning the fish she says to try and catch it at night.

Has anyone caught it at daytime (ingame)? Can anyone confirm you can catch it while the sun is up?

Thanks.
Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭
    iv caught the crab-slaughter crane in the morning hours
    VR 16 Dragonknight Sarenvog (AD, Former Emperor)
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iv caught the crab-slaughter crane in the morning hours

@Artemisshrikes ingame morning hours?
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

• nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can catch it anytime of night and most, including myself, caught it in sea water east of Morkul shrine.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    You can catch it anytime of night and most, including myself, caught it in sea water east of Morkul shrine.

@nordsavage Okay so you are saying only nighttime?

Achievement hunter:

• nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »

@nordsavage Okay so you are saying only nighttime?

That is what I am saying.
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭
    in-game
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in-game

I think most of us are able to make that distinction . . . then again.
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭
    in-game

I think most of us are able to make that distinction . . . then again.

I was replying to him asking me in game or real life
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just poking fun . . . now give me your insightfuls and awesomes peasants.
    Edited by nordsavage on November 14, 2015 10:00PM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update for those wondering:

I just caught it alone at evening (ingame while sun was setting). After abought 360 catches.

Achievement hunter:

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just caught it in full daylight.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caught this on first try (thank RNGjeezus), during the daytime just from those ocean spots northeast of morkul stronghold. It's most likely random in terms of time and location though
    Edited by Qyrk on November 16, 2015 12:04AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I caught it, and all the rest of the ocean fish, on Day 2 on my first stack of bait. It was morning in-game on the coast around Great Bay Wayshrine. Shoulda bought a lotto ticket that day. :p

I heard from guild mates about catching it at night. This is based on the fishing NPC (Agortha?) in the little village south of Morghul Stronghold. She spins quite a story about the fish. My guildies said you are almost certain to get the fish from that location fishing at night. Pure anecdote, no proof.

All I can say is I caught mine in broad daylight well south of the NPC....below Poachers WB.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    For those lucky enough to catch the epic fish of Wrothgar I wanted to ask if you remember the time of day ingame when you caught it.

According to the NPC mentioning the fish she says to try and catch it at night.

Has anyone caught it at daytime (ingame)? Can anyone confirm you can catch it while the sun is up?

Thanks.

Caught mine during a glorious, sunny day!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was daylight when I caught it, didn't take long.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was at night and on my first catch when I got Wrothgar's biggest catch. :)

RNG everybody.
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was fishing in a hole only about 50m away from that orc NPC who had the tale. It was night, and there were 2 other people with me who were also fishing. Within the second bite, one of us got the fish. On the third bite, I got the fish. It seemed rather common, and going back to the NPC, following her directions to fish at night and with friends makes the RNG gods look very favorably upon you.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Caught it in daylight after about 20 mins of fishing up the coast. It was actually the first trophy fish I caught in Wrothgar! :no_mouth:
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished that 12-rare-fish-achievement in Wrothgar, but had no luck with the biggest catch. I see, that it can drop from ocean spots. But did anyone have luck with other water types?
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I caught it on a delightful evening - both moons were half full :)

Caught it on my first cast, and it was a double dip too, caught with a dhufish !
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This fish? How big is it really? It is like a double fish, triple fish yes?

Suddenly this one is interested ...

Yours with paws

Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the confirmation guys! ^^

So we know the orc is a lying sack of worms.

Happy fishing!

PS: To that guy who caught it on their first whip - don't ever show your face or I will feed you to the slaughterfish.

Achievement hunter:

• The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found him at night in a group of 3. After ~30 worms and we all get the fish at the same try....
    Edited by The_Saint on November 16, 2015 1:52PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how exactly I can see the in-game time, but I caught mine at first try in the ocean near the northern shore of Morkul Stronghold. I'm not exactly sure about the name of the place, but it's easy to find because there are several "pls kill me" bubbly horkers and Worm Cultists near the shore.

And it was afternoon, in-game of course.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santie went today, during daylight, to the ocean just north of the Morkul Plain wayshrine.

The very first fish this one caught was the purple one :)

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    Just finished that 12-rare-fish-achievement in Wrothgar, but had no luck with the biggest catch. I see, that it can drop from ocean spots. But did anyone have luck with other water types?

No, I'm fairly certain it has to be ocean.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santie took some photos to help you :)

22651077497_9d427f69fb_z.jpg
    Purple Fish pond 2

23055860342_9d2866c173_z.jpg
    Purple Fish Pond

22677486909_68f2a69dd4_z.jpg

This one should also mention that someone who joined me in fishing at this place also found the fish very quickly.
    Edited by SantieClaws on November 16, 2015 7:34PM

• Srjon
    Srjon
    ✭✭
    I got it around 1300 hours 11/11/2015 in EU and now just need one for the title in Wrothgar.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one loves this spot by the ocean. Santie could just sit here forever.

So don't be surprised if when you come to find the fish Santie is sat there still!

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally a nice one of Santie and Nibbles at the Purple Fish Pond

23081422361_12e414a044_z.jpg
    Screenshot_20151116_195048

Happy fishing everyone!
    Edited by SantieClaws on November 16, 2015 7:54PM

This discussion has been closed.