Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There is nothing left to tweak ZoS - Crash Issue

Rylana
Rylana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have finally reached a point with this crash issue where I can literally no longer play the game. Tonight I logged in 10 different times over the course of my normal playing hours.

In each instance I crashed within five minutes, most under 3. Not once did I ever reach the 10 minute mark.

Yesterday and prior, crashing was an intermittent problem, but not one that rendered the game completely unplayable (i might crash once a night, sometimes 2-3 times, more often id get kicked to login but many people have that problem, its likely unrelated)

But now, the ESO has quit unexpectedly is popping up every time I launch, load in, and sit for a few moments.

Over the last six months I have progressively lowered game settings, tried every tweak in the forums, done all there is to do, hell I even authored some of the thread replies for others relaying what I have tried, but for all that effort, I have reached a breaking point. There is literally nothing further I can do to make your game work.

Every patch exacerbates the issue, something you did isnt functioning correctly, and its getting compounded. More and more people are getting these problems, you havent addressed them, and we get canned replies and half hearted statements like "reset your router"

Note for the record that I am using the same machine, internet, hell my desk hasnt moved, everything on my end is identical to the way it was at launch except for YOUR PATCHES. You are making this game not work. It worked fine in beta, early access, the first few months, etc.

I am at my wits end, and as a customer I am now DEMANDING one of your head programmers to get in this thread and explain to the playerbase why this long standing, unresolved issue that has affected hundreds, if not thousands, has been systematically brushed under the rug for so long. Remember, this problem is more widespread than you see here on the forums, too. We are only a fraction of the whole playerbase, and as a sample size, you can see clearly this issue is more than just the people that post about it. Most just give up and quit or ask other players in teamspeak how to fix it, to no avail.

Every day you see a new thread or more about crashes, freezes, lockups. When you read them you realize they are all the same problem with different language, people keep crashing to desktop after a few minutes.

So tell us, what are you doing to fix it? We have done all we can. I am done messing with usersettings.ini, I am done resetting my router, I am done repairing/reinstalling the game, I am done with these half baked gimmick fixes that do not work.

Talk to us, fix this issue, and give it the attention it DESERVES. I am no longer attempting to log in to the game, youve lost me unless you fix it, because I CANT FIX IT, theres nothing left to try!!

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by Rylana on June 30, 2015 10:17AM
@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My live/logs/client.txt file shows

2015-06-29T22:54:07.029-06:00 Failed to create index buffer: hr=8007000e

2015-06-29T22:54:07.093-06:00 Failed to create index buffer: hr=8007000e

2015-06-29T22:54:07.127-06:00 Failed to create index buffer: hr=8007000e

2015-06-29T22:54:07.133-06:00 Failed to create index buffer: hr=8007000e

2015-06-29T22:54:07.136-06:00 Failed to create index buffer: hr=8007000e

2015-06-29T22:54:07.140-06:00 Failed to create index buffer: hr=8007000e

2015-06-29T22:54:07.144-06:00 Failed to create index buffer: hr=8007000e

2015-06-29T22:54:07.148-06:00 Failed to create index buffer: hr=8007000e

(i edited out about 50 more, all repeats with a different timestamp in milliseconds of difference if im reading them right)

So what exactly is going on here?

Edited by Rylana on June 30, 2015 11:07AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did some digging through various google pages and whatnot, and found a few gems you might want to take into consideration, ZOS

error code 8007000E is universal hex for "Out of Memory" meaning a limiter was reached

Due to the fact I never exceed my hardware limitations (in fact even with other programs running I never had exceeded system ram at the time of every crash, nor had i really dug into virtual memory either), your client is now, on some systems, exceeding the allowable amount of memory that ESO.EXE can address.

Remember my thread a month ago regarding 32 bit limitations? As the problem grows, so will the symptoms, you MUST get memory allocation/releasing under control. No matter how much ram a user's PC has, you cannot exceed 2GB of ram with the client, otherwise the above errors will start in earnest.

This would also stand to reason why a map/instance change is a guaranteed crash, because the old map isnt releasing before the new one is rendered/loaded, effectively exceeding the limit before the old is released (if it ever is)

Zenimax, seriously, I get you love the fluff and all that, but you gotta get this client under 2GB of memory useage, you coded it in 32 bit, you have to mind that limit. (for anyone reading this and assuming its my system ram being insufficient, I am talking about the hard limit on 32 bit programs, they are only able to use 2 gigs of ram because thats mathematically all they can address)

There is wiggle room in the system, most 64 bit OS's will mask the issue as they expand addressing for 32 bit programs to as much as 4gigs of ram, unfortunately over a quarter of the computers used in the world today are also on 32 bit operating systems that do not have this feature. Nonwithstanding the fact that even 64 bit systems near their limit of 4GB while in ultra settings. ZOS youre going to reach a catastrophic failure point soon that you may never recover from if you dont address it right now.

I also did some checking with a video card useage utility, I can rule out memory issues on the VRAM because I never exceeded 40% utilization on a 1GB card. So the rendering isnt even the issue, its all of the dat files and sounds being held in system ram, your game is getting too big to run in its own environment. You MUST optimize this codebase and the dat files or the problem is going to get bigger, and bigger, and bigger.

You need to decide right now - are you suspending 32 bit support, or are you going to make this game 32 bit compatible? The fact its a 32 bit game exceeding 32 bit tolerances tells me the former, but I am urging the latter.
    Edited by Rylana on June 30, 2015 11:50AM
This discussion has been closed.