The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerers. It's time to gut them.

scy22b14_ESO
scy22b14_ESO
✭✭✭
The monumental movement of vocal sorcerers screaming in defense of their blatantly overpowered class is only trumped by ZOS's vast gullibility in believing them.

More accurately, two of their abilities.

1. Shield spam. Unlimited magicka = unlimited shields = unlimited health.
2. Bolt escape. Yeah...bolt escape.

I have no issue with their burst potential, as I feel they should be capable of such.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on BASHING AND SLANDEROUS COMMENTS]
Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 1, 2015 3:54PM
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my sorc does not have unlimited magika. I have only one shield that I use sparingly and bolt escape is a massive magika drain.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• scy22b14_ESO
    scy22b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »
    my sorc does not have unlimited magika. I have only one shield that I use sparingly and bolt escape is a massive magika drain.

Save your anecdotes. Come back when you've experienced the game.
    Edited by scy22b14_ESO on March 31, 2015 10:50PM
  • TheMachineKiller
    TheMachineKiller
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'd say to learn how to play your class or to just try and improve in general, but you seem like a baddie; so I'll just walk away now.
    Vehemence
    Solo Extraordinaire
      Miss Machine - AD Wolfskull - DC Ok Cool - DC Wheremigoin - DC
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP sorcs are op, however dks are more op
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you wear the right armor you can bolt escape indefinately, i have seen it every single day constantly.
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you wear the right armor you can bolt escape indefinately, i have seen it every single day constantly.

Not constantly. A lot maybe but not constantly you will run out eventually. And if you are bolting "constantly" then you didn't build to do damage at all and thus you will hit like wet paper (except your overloads of course but that skill is strong no matter what).
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, so this is nerf please, because I got killed in pvp.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Save your anecdotes. Come back when you've experience the game.

I am guessing that you need to experience the game. I have played well over a year now and have killed and been killed by sorcs.

Also none of what I originally mentioned was in the least bit anecdotal it was in fact just the plain simple truth of the matter.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

^^Agree. So many problems would be solved if ZOS just gut PVP all together ;)

Or you know, have skills work one way in pvp, and one way in pve...
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they ever nerf our class shield (shieldstacking is messed up tho) they need to first buff light armor, i might aswell be a firefighter wearing newspaperuniform while crawling through embers.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no, this is the rest of the classes fed up with fighting the sorcerer class and unable to do any damage to them at all.
    below is what your health bar look like after you have spammed shields

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HP))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

when we hit you sorcerers health shields down to about 75% left you simply spam shields back up again and kill us.
    thats not only over powered thats just stupid. last night i cornered a sorcerer and worked on him trying to damage him even half and all he did was heal himself and spam his shields untill i had zero stamina left and then he killed me. thats not skill when you take a skill that is unbalanced and use it to win 100% of all fights thats just abuse of game mechanics.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^^Agree. So many problems would be solved if ZOS just gut PVP all together ;)

Or you know, have skills work one way in pvp, and one way in pve...

While I do not play pvp in this game. Kind of understand the frustration from playing gw2 world vs world. Certain classes and/or builds appear over powered, more advantageous & players there vent their frustration the same way.

From most discussion in recent times, my impression was; sorcs are underpowered now & at the bottom of the play list now (along with nightblades).
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, the cry nerf train continues.

Taking bets on how much sorcs will get below the gutter in PvE while still not changing PvP.
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone cries about everything. I've played well into almost every class and they all have advantages and disadvantages. People that only play one class and Q_Q about another class are just failing at understanding how that class works and so they don't know how to counter it. Happens in every single game with pvp out there.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they dont need to "nerf" any thing, all they need to do is increase the other classes untill they are equal to the sorcerers and dragonights.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every class has access to multiple shields. every class has access to massive health stamina and magicka pools if they choose to spend their attribute points that way. there is no one class or build that is unkillable. as the old adage goes if at first you don't succeed try try again because eventually you'll figure out how to set up your skills to kill whoever it is that you want to kill.

-Thomas Pain

• BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not only Sorcerers, it's still Dragonknights too. Their Green Dragon Blood is a better heal than the Templar heal (go figure).
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow another nerf sorc thread because some nub cannot figure out how to kill a sorc, let me help you since what your really asking for is not a nerf but help in killing sorcerers.

-Attack there stamina, they have minimal if they are magicka specced. cc them whenever the swirly stuff is off of there feet. they can cc break only twice or roll dodge only twice.
    -burst there bubble, a big burst will leave the the sorc unshielded and easily finishable.
    -outlast there damage, stack shields yourself, magicka harness, healing ward for magicka build, or roll dodge for stam (negating 90% of incoming sorc damage as only curse and detonation are the only thing a sorc can use to bypass dodge roll atm.)

any combination of these moves will kill a sorc, if he runs, dont waste your stamina sprinting after him because thats what he wants, to make you low on stats to own you.

the people who do kill sorcs, (as i do die all the time as a sorc) use a combination of any of these tactics, this is an obvious l2p issue and again another person starting a thread with the wrong title.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People that start these threads should probably pause beforehand to consider how embarrassing it is that they don't know how to play the game or understand the limitations of classes. It makes you look bad that you feel the need start these threads instead of killing sorcerers like other people manage to do just fine.
    :trollin:
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    The monumental movement of vocal sorcerers screaming in defense of their blatantly overpowered class is only trumped by ZOS's vast gullibility in believing them.

I have no issue with their burst potential, as I feel they should be capable of such.

ZOS. Play your game. Purge your inept staff. Balance this fiasco.
    yup lets nerf us for the 665 time one more time and we will all have to delete are sorcs

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the "LOL" button.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on March 31, 2015 9:40PM
  • haileyjschmidtub17_ESO
    Well I for one have fought quite a few mages now who bolt escape.
    I think it's effing hilarious xD Reminds me of the infinite tele jaunts on Mystic in Tera which was hella fun.

You can stop them too with this magical high level mechanic called CC xD
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZOS. Play your game. Purge your inept staff. Balance this fiasco.

1. sorcs cant put up a shield if their stamina is drained and they're knocked down. Without Hardened Ward sorcs are as squishy as naked nords, we have no other class skills to gain survivability, damage mitigation from bound armor/lightning form is a joke tbh.
    2. bolt escape doesnt kill anyone, you cant fight after bolting away because magicka is drained quickly.

Sorc spells cost the most out of all classes so its no easy to sustain, especially with Bolt Escape.

Or nerf jesus beam from templars, cloak from NBs and scales from DKs while you're at it. Each classes has strengths and weaknesses, learn them and find a way to counter them. Clearly a L2P issue, the classes are more balanced than in 1.5 imo.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only every 4 seconds after the cast. The goal is to put as much stress on the sorcerer BE so they are forced to BE within those 4 sec so the cost is increased by 50% and they are burning Magicka.

But you can put all your points into Magicka as a sorcerer and still run out of resources.
  • SpiritusSancti
    I wept when I read this. If only it were true... if only...
  • rileynotzb14_ESO
    rileynotzb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol sorcs are weakest class in game
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me introduce you to my little friend.... the new LOL Button:

Bwahahahahahahaha!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Triddle
    Triddle
    ✭✭✭
    Also none of what I originally mentioned was in the least bit anecdotal it was in fact just the plain simple truth of the matter.

What you said was 100% anecdotal. I agree with you on the issue, but to claim that your post was not 'in the least bit anecdotal' when the post was literally just an anecdote is a little absurd.
  • scy22b14_ESO
    scy22b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Save your anecdotes. Come back when you've experience the game.

I am guessing that you need to experience the game. I have played well over a year now and have killed and been killed by sorcs.

Actually what you said is the very definition of an anecdote. Look it up.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triddle wrote: »

What you said was 100% anecdotal. I agree with you on the issue, but to claim that your post was not 'in the least bit anecdotal' when the post was literally just an anecdote is a little absurd.

What I said was

"my sorc does not have unlimited
    magika. I have only one shield that I use
    sparingly and bolt escape is a massive magika
    drain."

This is in fact not an anecdote. an anecdote is defined as. : a usually short narrative of an interesting,
    amusing, or biographical incident.
    So again not an anecdote at all.

-Thomas Pain

This discussion has been closed.