The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 210 PatchManifestError

Daxt86
Daxt86
Soul Shriven
"Unable to download patch manifest. This could be from a recent update... etc."

Any ideas? Tried to run the repair tool, didn't help at all-
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭
    Daxt86 wrote: »
    "Unable to download patch manifest. This could be from a recent update... etc."

Any ideas? Tried to run the repair tool, didn't help at all-

New patch, its working as intended ....
    (its to solve pvp lag)
    Edited by Aimelin on March 31, 2015 8:01PM
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me earlier. I tried running a repair etc. Then I decided to take the advice and wait an hour, turned off the pc had a shower and some food and tried logging again and it launched fine.

A green post mentioned something about data nodes.
  • Daxt86
    Daxt86
    Soul Shriven
    Downloading the patch manifest manually seem to have fixed it /thread
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see these errors quite often lately. Closing and reopening the Launcher takes care of it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daxt86 wrote: »
    Downloading the patch manifest manually seem to have fixed it /thread

Where you placed this patch manifest file?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a common error after patches. The best thing is to close and re-open the launcher, if need be a couple or so of times, and the "play" button should then appear. Don't follow the "repair", "update", or "install" button unless you know there really is a problem. Most times the launcher is simply bugged and closing/re-opening it will fix it.

It's an intermittent error, so although it may seem fixed one time, another time you may get the same error. It usually goes away again a couple of days or so after a patch. Meanwhile, use the close/re-open launcher trick. You can in any event run the game once patched from the ESO application file in the game folder, and doing so will also tell you whether the game is fully installed correctly, if it runs normally then everything is fine regardless of what the launcher tries to tell you.
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    This problem seems a lot worse after yesterday's patch. Both my wife and I had to close and open the patcher about 10 times to get it patched. Even while fully patched this error comes up for me when I open the launcher now.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm getting it more and more as time goes on, usually takes about 4-5 tries of opening and closing the launcher to get the Play button.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    run eso.exe instead of launcher.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue, after a magic reboot it disappeared. The repair tool did not work for me either.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    The launcher has developed a magical new timing system which will check for the patch.manifest error and if it hasn't occurred then it runs an algorithm with a low chance of activating the error :D. They'll fix it sooner or later.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO launcher is same as for Tera-online.
    Same strings in the log files.
    And same crap with patch manifest.
  • cantysb16_ESO
    cantysb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    this error code crap is getting really stupid since the new update the other day .
    Its made the game really unplayable again .
    Zen your the fraking people that made this error bug sort it out before I go bye bye from the game again.
    cause at the moment its become unplayable when I cant log into the game cause this patch.manifest cluster frak up is plaguing us none programmer types of people that expect the people that made this game to not break the fraking game
    OK rant over :s:s
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me yesterday, then seemed to fix itself. Then it happened again today. Have you tried bypassing the launcher and running the ESO executable within your ESO folder? It works for me.
    Edited by TheTwistedRune on April 1, 2015 2:36PM
  • ZOS_ArtG
    Hello, folks.

Though we do understand the 210 error to be a very bothersome issue, the discussion has an extremely similar thread already opened titled Failing to Patch. As this is within our PC Technical support, you all may very well find proper assistance within this thread.

We will be closing this thread as keeping threads consolidated allows us to help players more efficiently and facilitates the visibility of different issues. We encourage you to head to the above thread to continue seeking support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.