Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keep getting booted to login screen with no error at all

Friesenberg
Every time I start up the game, I can play for a few seconds and then everything around me freezes and cannot be interacted with, but I can still move around. After a minute or so, I then get kicked to the login screen without an error code. If anybody has any idea of what is going on, help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Edited by Friesenberg on March 30, 2015 9:12PM
  • max.hammond95peb18_ESO
    max.hammond95peb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem, do you not get the error <<1>>?
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

You should try to repair your game files first. To do this, please open the launcher, click on Game Options (under the NEWS section), and select Repair from the drop-down menu. Once the repair is complete, you can try logging into the game again.

If the initial repair does not work, players should please try the following:
    • Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online for the North American megaserver or C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU for the European megaserver.
    • Look for the Depot folder and move it to the desktop. Players can drag and drop the folder for ease.
    • Reopen the launcher and run the repair again.

Please tell us if this doesn't solved your issue. We will be glad to help you further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • max.hammond95peb18_ESO
    max.hammond95peb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have already had a reply back from one of your agents, at the moment there is no fix for this issue but they are working on a solution
  • max.hammond95peb18_ESO
    max.hammond95peb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_LenaicR I tried the depot one but when I move it to my desktop and I re launch the launcher it just starts to re download....
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    We invite you to complete the download.
    If this step didn't help, please tell us and we will create a ticket for you. Our agents will be able to contact you shortly.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Shizwack
    Shizwack
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. Been happening all day long. This is the first day it's been happening, for me.
  • Friesenberg
    I have the same problem, do you not get the error <<1>>?
    I just keep getting kicked from in game to the login screen with no error. But sometimes here and there I get the error <<1>>

• 1ne2woBe
    1ne2woBe
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_LenaicR I tried the depot one but when I move it to my desktop and I re launch the launcher it just starts to re download....

Exactly. The suggestion that @ZOS_LenaicR mentions does not run a repair again. It re-downloads the whole game again.
  • Friesenberg
    1ne2woBe wrote: »

Exactly. The suggestion that @ZOS_LenaicR mentions does not run a repair again. It re-downloads the whole game again.

That's besides the point, I sat there and re-download the entire game only for it to not work again. It's a great game, just frustrating that I can't even play it for more than 30 seconds...
  • Friesenberg
    Hi guys,

You should try to repair your game files first. To do this, please open the launcher, click on Game Options (under the NEWS section), and select Repair from the drop-down menu. Once the repair is complete, you can try logging into the game again.

• Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online for the North American megaserver or C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU for the European megaserver.
    • Look for the Depot folder and move it to the desktop. Players can drag and drop the folder for ease.

Please tell us if this doesn't solved your issue. We will be glad to help you further.

Did not help.
  • Deathwavez
    Deathwavez
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the exact same issue! I will be playing from anywhere to 2-10 mins, then I will get kicked out of the game and placed back at the Log In screen. It's a shame because it breaks immersion each and every time. Keep me posted if anything comes up about this issue. BTW I just bought the B2P version from Steam, if that makes any difference.
  • Rartas
    Rartas
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue. I'll get booted to the login screen after anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes.
  • Friesenberg
    Rartas wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. I'll get booted to the login screen after anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes.

Yeah, I'm just saddened I can't play the game, was waiting for B2P.
  • Friesenberg
    It would be nice if the support team would actually investigate the problem instead of this copy paste crap they always pull on us.

UPDATE:

I've port forwarded, flushed my DNS, power cycled my router, allowed an exception through my windows firewall, router firewall, antivirus firewall, tried repair option, removed depot folder and reinstall, disabled Ipv6 on my LAN, updated all of my drivers, ran as administrator, and ran the following "ping -t yahoo.com" in cmd prompt during mid game to check if there were any connection interruptions on my part (there were none) None of these processes fixed this problem. It is also NOT my ISP's fault because this is the only game that has a problem.
    Edited by Friesenberg on March 26, 2015 4:57PM
  • Friesenberg
  • kheldor_gwenwynig_ESO
    kheldor_gwenwynig_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I hate to give a +1 but I am.

I left the game not long after release because I was one of the ATI graphics card users that one of the patches crushed the game for, by killing our graphics driver trying to reload the game and forcing a hard boot. A year later that bug still exists but I found a solution online for it by editing the user settings and forcing the game to use D3D9.

Now, back 4 days, first patch in, and I had to run the repair and the game dies utterly a few seconds after I log in, it never even gets to character select before the whole thing is toast.

I was having so much fun playing again (it was awesome in beta and prior to that awful patch). Now, another craptacular patch.
  • Friesenberg
    @kheldor_gwenwynig_ESO That sucks. However this thread's problem wasn't a result of the recent patch, it's been an issue for a while and their support team won't give anyone with this problem anything other than a copy-pasted suggestion that doesn't fix anything.
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest deleting all your add ons. The <1> might be related to that.

I would just go into:

Elder Scrolls Online > Live > AddOns

Erase/clear the entire folder and then give it a try
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • Friesenberg
    @pete5210b14_ESO I would but I don't run any add ons at the moment because of this issue. But thanks for the suggestion anyways! :)
    Edited by Friesenberg on March 24, 2015 3:03AM
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    I would delete them just for good measure.

Worse case scenario though, Factory image the computer and start over :(
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
  • Friesenberg
    @pete5210b14_ESO I would delete them but there isn't any in the folder because I don't run any. And yeah, at this point that might be my only option unfortunately. However, I might wait for an admin to at least inform us whether it's on us or them.
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I assumed since you said you didn't run any didn't mean you didn't have any in the folder, my bad.
  • kheldor_gwenwynig_ESO
    kheldor_gwenwynig_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I posted TMI in my first post, but for the last 3 days I had been been playing fine, now today's patch killed the game again, and the "repair" did nothing to fix anything.
  • Friesenberg
    Another update: seems to work for an extended period in non-crowded areas. Example: Bal Foyen lasts me about 5 minutes compared to Stonefalls lasts me 30 seconds to an instant. I managed to get to the way shrine in the time I had to test this out. I've also tried creating a new character, that didn't fix it either.
    Edited by Friesenberg on March 24, 2015 2:38PM
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

I have ESO installed on my second hard drive. The C: drive is an SSD with essentially only the operation system on it. If I move that folder to my desktop, I'll be putting 35 GB on a drive with barely that much space.

Is the reason for moving it to keep a copy? Can I put the copy somewhere else? Do I really even need a copy? I assume the reason for moving it is to force the game to re-download all those files anyway.

I've had this issue or similar before, and from my experience the "Repair" function has not EVER worked, not even once. The last time, I had to completely uninstall AND delete the old folder before reinstalling to get the launcher to work again. If I end up having to do that again this time, you can bet it will be the last.

Please fix your repair functionality so that it can actually repair a corrupted installation.
  • Friesenberg
    @tallenn the only reason they tell you to move the depot folder to the desktop is to re-download the game. But I have completely re-downloaded twice now, hasn't worked either time.
  • Dravecailean
    Thank God I came here.

It has been driving me NUTS since the last patch. I thought it was because I play from China, but apparently is more widespread. Please, this needs a quickfix, taken away so much of my time...
  • Friesenberg
    Edited by Friesenberg on March 24, 2015 4:49PM
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. Ingame i play for 10 minutes then it freezes then crashes to login screen. And its random when it happens and that repair thing never works. And its only getting worse with every patch. It might be time to take a break from this game until its fixed. Thank God that its B2P now. I can't pay monthly for this anymore.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hello!

Thank you all for your reports on this error that is appearing. At this time, we are actively investigating the cause and resolution, so we do appreciate your patience! Is there anyone in this thread who is experiencing this error who has submitted a support ticket?

If you have submitted one, can you please let us know the ticket number?
    If you have not submitted one, can you please do so or let us know so we can create one for you at this time?

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.