Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Installer not working

Vasavis
Vasavis
Soul Shriven
I have tried all of the mentioned suggestions from other forum parts like my own. I am very confused about the installer. This is the first game I have ever played that the launcher doesn't even install correctly. If any one could assist me I would greatly appreciate it.
  • Baogo
    Baogo
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue I am having as well. I am a returning player so I know the game will work on my computer but now I cannot even get to the launcher.
  • apantoliani
    I am in the same boat as you. Reinstalled flash player, added exceptions to firewall, turned off firewall, played with the connections/lan settings. Having been around the first go around at launch and the subsequent technical issues that cropped up a few months, it might take a bit for us to get an answer.

If any. I hope I'm wrong. Help us ZOS!
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Could you please provide us with more information regarding your issues?
    When is the Launcher struggling?
    Do you receive any error message?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Baogo
    Baogo
    ✭✭✭
    There is zero error messages. I download the installer from the download game link under the account. I run it as administrator, a box pops up saying "preparing to install elder scrolls online" with a percentage bar. When the bar reaches 100% box goes away and nothing else happens.

No errors, no crash reports....just nothing.
  • Vasavis
    Vasavis
    Soul Shriven
    I am getting the exact same thing as Baogo. Word for Word.
  • Bazzer007
    Bazzer007
    I am a previous ESO user with the same PC spec - after installation I press "Play" get a brief title message in squashy large letters at the top of the screen, the screen goes black for a few seconds then I get the submit error report box.

Thanks.
  • Baogo
    Baogo
    ✭✭✭
    @Bazzer007 This is an entirely different issue.

We cannot even get to the launcher. The game will not install the launcher in order for us to install the game.

Therefore we cannot play the game. Sent in a ticket to support but have yet to see a response.

If there was an alternate way to download the launcher or game files we might be able to play.
  • Vasavis
    Vasavis
    Soul Shriven
    I've tried the method posted on your post as well. Didn't work.
  • Baogo
    Baogo
    ✭✭✭
    I am at a loss as to what the problem could be. I have played on this exact same pc before. C++, .Net, DX11, Graphics drivers all up to date. Necessary exceptions made to any and all Virus and firewall software.

The fact that it will not install the launcher is a mystery.

• Vasavis
    Vasavis
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. I have never experienced such an issue before. I hope we can get a solution to this.
  • Baogo
    Baogo
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so an update. My current PC is running Win 8.1 and wont install anything.

My laptop is running Windows 7 and has not been updated to flash 16, or.net 4.5 or java 8, and it installs the game.

So basically I either have to do a win 7 install or not play at all apparently.
  • Baogo
    Baogo
    ✭✭✭
    Ok update #2.

I found this thread on the forums and did the checklist and now can install. So whether running the installer in compatibility mode for win 8 helped or it was the other not sure but try this thread and see if it works for those having the same issue

If this is an issue maybe add this to the known issues for those that haven't posted but are having the issues.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/83932/launcher-issue-windows-8-1-launcher-doesnt-work-solved
  • Vasavis
    Vasavis
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you Baogo. I was able to get the installer working with your help. I am now installing the game. That link needs to be stickied to the top of the forums for Windows 8.1 users.

Here is the post.

gyazo.com/0bc6df11d3c4c818cda088d04f60da21
    Edited by Vasavis on March 19, 2015 3:41AM
  • cuz_mike200
    cuz_mike200
    ✭✭✭
    When I try to update my game, it remains on 2%. :(
  • apantoliani
    I guess my problem is slightly different. My launcher 'installs', but then opens and says nothing but loading. For hours. I've done the usual song and dance with firewalls, LAN settings (I've combed the internet, forums, reddit) to no avail. I'm running literally the exact same rig as the last time.

The launcher doesn't struggle, it doesn't do anything. No error messages either.
    Edited by apantoliani on March 19, 2015 11:28AM
  • dkpunk
    dkpunk
    Soul Shriven
    I guess my problem is slightly different. My launcher 'installs', but then opens and says nothing but loading. For hours. I've done the usual song and dance with firewalls, LAN settings (I've combed the internet, forums, reddit) to no avail. I'm running literally the exact same rig as the last time.

The launcher doesn't struggle, it doesn't do anything. No error messages either.

This is exactly what's happening to me. I get the endless loading screen and nothing happens. I've disabled my firewall, run the launcher in compatibility mode with admin rights. I've made sure the proxy settings/script were disabled in LAN settings. I've also uninstalled/reinstalled adobe flash. Nothing. Very frustrating to say the least.
  • Vasavis
    Vasavis
    Soul Shriven
    Did you both try this? forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/83932/launcher-issue-windows-8-1-launcher-doesnt-work-solved

Won't hurt to try.
  • summaestudios_ESO
    summaestudios_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Had the same issue, this worked, should be pinned.
  • Intervein
    Intervein
    Without knowing any of your pc specs, because aside from the operating system none of you have stated them--no one is really going to be able to assist you. You need to give Computer manufacturer and model name/number at the very least. So just blindly suggesting something: shadows used to give a lot of low and mid-end computers issues at loading screens. Go into your Settings >> Video and turn Shadows off, if they are on. In general, you may want to try lowering other settings as well, but if you wish to know the exact cause one should try a singular option at a time while perhaps also watching Performance Monitor (an advanced version of Task Manager) which is available at Task Manager under the Performance tab--very bottom. If you see any major spikes it very well could be that hardware causing the issue. Good luck, fellows.
    Usually found in Tech Support somewhere.
  • Raeshlavik
    Raeshlavik
    Soul Shriven
    Solution (win8):

1) Run the downloaded "installer"
    2) Look in c:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp (AppData is a hidden directory)
    3) Find a directory similar to "I1427247224" with a date and time of when you did step 1
    4) Inside that directory go to InstallerData/Disk1/InstData - you will see a compressed file called "Resource1"
    5) Inside "Resource1" go to $IA_PROJECT_DIR$/src_path
    6) Copy the folder "Launcher" to a drive and location you can get to (I chose the root of C:)
    7) Inside "Launcher", execute "Bethesda.net_Launcher"
    8) The "Launcher" will update and restart.
    9) Once the "Launcher" is running again, click the INSTALL button

Crack open a beer and enjoy the hours of download.
    Edited by Raeshlavik on March 25, 2015 1:58AM
  • Larin_Softtail
    Larin_Softtail
    Soul Shriven
    I am running on a older computer dual core and all that, however I know the game used to run on my puter, went to launch the game today and it got errors, tried repairing and that didn't work. I deleted everything and went to do a fresh install.

The installer runs and goes to 100% and then nothing , it goes away and computer acts like nothing was ever done

my operating system is Win7 , Video is GeForce GT 730, Ram is 8 gigs 500 gigs on my HD.

I am getting no errors no codes NO NOTHING!!!!!

A little help from Zenimax or BethesduH OR WHO THE HECK EVER MANAGES THIS game, would be appreciated.
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    Larin

profiles work in a similar manner on win7

find your profile and go to the directory listed in thread above

remember app data is a hidden folder and needs to be unhidden
  • Larin_Softtail
    Larin_Softtail
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you, I am close to just throwing up my hands thinking I got a virus somehow, will try that and see if it fixes
  • Broconnor14b14a_ESO
    Raeshlavik wrote: »
    Solution (win8):

2) Look in c:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp (AppData is a hidden directory)
    3) Find a directory similar to "I1427247224" with a date and time of when you did step 1
    4) Inside that directory go to InstallerData/Disk1/InstData - you will see a compressed file called "Resource1"
    6) Copy the folder "Launcher" to a drive and location you can get to (I chose the root of C:)

This Works, tested on Windows 7. Fixed my Issue.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution (win8):

I can confirm this.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • ClarkNova
    ClarkNova
    Soul Shriven
    Just experienced this same thing on Windows 7, this worked. But... why did it happen in the first place?

Solution (win8):

• zoot1950
    zoot1950
    Soul Shriven
    i tried this after many attemts at getting exe file to do something

seems to work i couldnt find anything inside resource 1 called $la_project etc so i unzipped launcher folder to c drive
    then i found file $la_projects etc opened and then found exe for updating eso launcher its downloading game now
    big thx for the people who can help us dummys
    surprized my puter knowledge got me to solution
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    Solution (win8):

This worked for me on Windows 7. Thanks!!
    Author & Moderator at ESOUI
    My Addons
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution (win8):

@Raeshlavik

Thank you. Playing this game for two years and it still throws up such wonderful surprises.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
This discussion has been closed.