The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

3 Most annoying bugs introduced AFTER release that just won't go away

kelly.medleyb14_ESO
kelly.medleyb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
1. Bow leg bod duke boogy walk - Usually occurs after leaving crafting station. hilarious or disturbing... you decide.

2. White subliminal creep show like box - Usually appears when around flags in Cyrodiil, is that a flash pic of Katie Perry?

3. Disappearing History Info - Used to be @names were attached to invites etc so you could actually see who invited who, suddenly GONE and in it's place we get a detailed description of the bid history so everyone can tell their friends what our "blind" bid is!!!!

Booooo ZoS boooooo.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiders world boss (3 spiders). Didn't check it on PTS, but on live it's still bugged.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Empire tower undiscovered, still
    The spiders, as stated above.
    Sound bug, sometimes it works, sometimes it loops, sometimes it's mute
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on February 2, 2015 2:24PM
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horses sprinting indefinitely if you continue pressing shift, effectively rendering horse-endurance useless.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag with lower pop
    purge = damage over RIGHT THE [snip] NOW
    loss of sound in cyrodil

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 26, 2015 9:19PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Targolak
    Targolak
    ✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    Horses sprinting indefinitely if you continue pressing shift, effectively rendering horse-endurance useless.

That's not a bug, actually. Different mounts at least -were- intended to have differing special abilities, infinite sprint being horses' - and as a side note, so long as you have mount stamina left, you can tap the sprint key in quick succession for a quicker gallop.

Horse endurance is useful for the galloping feature, and having stamina left means that ambushing mobs or enemy players can't throw you off your horse as easily. It's not useless, but its uses aren't as universal as speed or inventory capacity.
    1. Bow leg bod duke boogy walk - Usually occurs after leaving crafting station. hilarious or disturbing... you decide.

Last I checked the Update 6 PTS, I could not replicate that bug. It seems they've fixed it.

As for the three bugs that bug me the most in no particular order,

1: Orc males' piercings being black. That bug appears to prevail on the PTS as well.

2: Spontaneous loss of a group leader, leading to situations where you can't even leave the group for some odd reason. Synchronized logouts with your group members appears to work, last I checked.

3: I cannot think of a third one. I take most bugs on the stride, and the animation messup is about to be fixed. I've no more bugs to complain about!
    "These boots are meant for walking, and that's just what they'll do."
  • Drasn
    Drasn
    ✭✭✭✭

I call this "Dookie Pants" and I don't consider it a bug.
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yah I don't how number one hasn't been fixed yet, it reminds me of when ZOS blamed long load times on peoples computers....funny how that got "fixed" even though I have the same computer....
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope dookey pants makes it to the console versions I'm sure they will love it
    Edited by Leeric on February 2, 2015 3:50PM
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiders world boss (3 spiders). Didn't check it on PTS, but on live it's still bugged.

Work around for this is kill all the ones you can then run away till the other one(s) reset then go back and kill it.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annoying/frustrating bugs since release :

1°) Trying to pm someone in chat zone and getting an error message and/or not seeing your pm. OR Trying to answer a pm and not being able to answer...

2°) Soundtracks restricted to certain areas (starting zones) and not extended to high level zones or cyrodiil even though it was supposedly fixed (in 1.5 ?). We get the same songs every time. The difference between Stros m'Kai (where you can hear a large panel of ESO songs) and Cyrodiil (even though 1 song was added we still hear only a (outstanding !) total of 3 in Cyrodiil ! seriously, is the audio team even playing the game ?? ) is huge if you pay attention. Soundtracks should not be restricted to areas.

3°) Losing sight of your group mates (only the group icon is there but you can't see the character).
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on February 2, 2015 4:48PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Group leader bug.

Can't PM or invite players with special characters in their name.

Bank doesn't remember my previous preference and always defaults to Z-A listing of items.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Work around for this is kill all the ones you can then run away till the other one(s) reset then go back and kill it.

I already killed them all ^^ But thx anyway.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    FPS drop introduced after 1.2....
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    relog to get mail, wait i think that has been since beta?

guild bank will not load every time, has that been since beta too?
    Edited by SoulScream on February 2, 2015 5:45PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think everyone in my guild has reported this one, including me. Still pi$$3$ me off that they STILL haven't fixed it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most annoying bug: the purple glow from "Evil Hunter" ALWAYS gets messed up when you switch weapons.... I hate that!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SoulScream wrote: »

This. Sooo much this. The most amazing thing was that when it comes up on the customer support forum, the mods act as if it's some new bug and keep telling everyone to use /bug

It's been here since beta.....

• Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for some reason, my credit card keeps getting billed every month. I hear there's a fix for this in patch 1.6...
    Edited by Warraxx on February 2, 2015 6:52PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

I think everyone in my guild has reported this one, including me. Still pi$$3$ me off that they STILL haven't fixed it.

Agreed, although it can be done with perseverance and preferably some tactics. I completed it the other week, took several attempts tho'.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently fixed on PTS, while on Live I only seem to get it with my AD characters.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭

Working as intended.

Suru
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭

Guild Bank - Finally a real bug! yes, happens daily, IS a bug, and does impact gaming. (the funny walk is a bug, but does it really matter?)
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Unusable siege
    2. No aiming cursor when you set up the siege
    3. Hit radius of various mobs 10 times bigger than their physical reach.
    Meh...**** it..
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a bug, that's intended.

• Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow Cloak
    Shadow Cloak
    Shadow Cloak

Ok, it was introduced before the release. I guess in Alpha. Or its intended to get this skill bugged.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Mercurio
    Mercurio
    ✭✭✭
    Targolak wrote: »

That's not a bug, actually. Different mounts at least -were- intended to have differing special abilities, infinite sprint being horses' - and as a side note, so long as you have mount stamina left, you can tap the sprint key in quick succession for a quicker gallop.

Horse endurance is useful for the galloping feature, and having stamina left means that ambushing mobs or enemy players can't throw you off your horse as easily. It's not useless, but its uses aren't as universal as speed or inventory capacity.

Oh hey look it was someone who believed that ad-libbed PR bandaid. Give this guy a cookie! Also, ESO will shut down their servers before abandoning a sub model.
  • Targolak
    Targolak
    ✭✭✭
    Mercurio wrote: »
    Oh hey look it was someone who believed that ad-libbed PR bandaid. Give this guy a cookie! Also, ESO will shut down their servers before abandoning a sub model.

Assuming you were trying to address me and not modify your quote of my post, it's curious how you assume that I believed the "ad-libbed PR bandaid" without reservation.

The devs mentioned they thought about different mount mechanics, yes. That's a fact, and it's very likely they even had plans in store for them. But I take everything with a grain of salt nowadays - even when I'm fanboygasming, I am able to keep a small distance between the subject and I. As a result, I rarely get disappointed, and am able to take changes and such on the fly.

So what if I thought it a possibility that different mount mechanics might one day be implemented, hm? Not like that affects the development in any way or anything. It's just a nice thought.

Also, dunno about the sub thingy. The subscription fee is still there after March 17th, no? I'll just stay subbed and get the benefits even when others players may not pay it. All they've removed is the necessity of it. :wink:
    "These boots are meant for walking, and that's just what they'll do."
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[]

Booooo ZoS boooooo.
    This one bugs the snot out of me.
    Totally.
    Tandor wrote: »

Apparently fixed on PTS, while on Live I only seem to get it with my AD characters.
    It happens to my AD 'toons all the time, sure, but it happens to my EP just as often.

I have it happen to my 'toons whenever they check any container for loot and then move on.
    All The Time.
    Edited by twev on February 2, 2015 10:41PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Try to go to guild bank.
    2. Loading...
    3. Try again.
    4. Loading...
    5. Try again.
    6. Loading...
    7. Try again.
    8. Finally!
    9. Oops. Wrong guild.
    10. Try right guild.
    11. Loading...

• phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1. Ice skate-running animation if you move too quickly after interacting with...anything.
    2. Keyboard input crash - ability input fails to respond, you can still move and block but skills & weapon swap won't respond. Only solution is to relog b/c the ENTER twice tap no longer works.
    3. Latency spikes. Red latency is just as prevalent now as it was beta/release after a period of stabilization.

Honorable mention: Objects not able to be interacted with via the "E" requiring a relog.
    Edited by phtony06b14_ESO on February 3, 2015 4:33AM
This discussion has been closed.