Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, how about that Radiant Destruction then...

kijima
kijima
✭✭✭✭✭
It's like snipe, but worse...
Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
Kijima - AD DK Derps
Annure - AD NB Derps
Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pumped-up soul assault that you don't need ultimate for :)
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean its not like it heal debuffs you...or stuns you....and its channeled.

doesnt seem too bad to me /shrug
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    #rekt
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    i mean its not like it heal debuffs you...or stuns you....and its channeled.

doesnt seem too bad to me /shrug

Its currently bugged. Its literally blowing people up.

Keep siege. You are defending. Step to the edge of wall to get LOS, cast an instant ability, then immediately dodge roll back out of LOS. If a templar tags you with the beam in the split second you are in LOS, you will die. If you are lucky, you will only lose 3/4 of your HP.

Damage in general is wacky. For example, 22000 hit from a destro staff heavy attack.
    Edited by Sharee on January 29, 2015 12:05PM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys, own up. It's OP as hell and you know it.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /shrug im just blazing shield through it no problem
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't see how it's OP, seems fine to me.

-Templar
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is great. On the side note, I was hit 10k and 8k before I died. The guy was vr1. Think it is time for some Templar dps.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Special beam cannon!!
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly a l2p issues. Why not use dodge, interrupt, heavy armor and a damage absorbing shield? I have no problems at all with Radiant Destruction :grin:

(always apply bow-tard rhetoric = much fun)

But really, it seems a bit over-tuned on PTS right now. Some of it is due to people running around in trial armor, no impen and lacking passives from CS points. People blow up in seconds from loads of things. But Radiant Destruction also feels little wacky, maybe the max magicka scaling is off-ish or they typed in the wrong numbers somewhere. ZoS have a tendency up mess of scaling dmg, I remember back when my Soul Tether did 3k dmg on single players.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Clearly a l2p issues. Why not use dodge, interrupt, heavy armor and a damage absorbing shield? I have no problems at all with Radiant Destruction :grin:

But really, it seems a bit over-tuned on PTS right now. Some of it is due to people running around in trial armor, no impen and lacking passives from CS points. People blow up in seconds from loads of things. But Radiant Destruction also feels little wacky, maybe the max magicka scaling is off-ish or they typed in the wrong numbers somewhere. ZoS have a tendency up mess of scaling dmg, I remember back when my Soul Tether did 3k dmg on single players.

I noticed that the people who are "glass cannon" spec are absolutely done if you get them below 50% they just melt. most people have been countering fairly well.

i will say this though i have never had so many kb's in a night, weird having a execute.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    I was at sej last night beaming people from the top with immovable and blazing shield.

I noticed that the people who are "glass cannon" spec are absolutely done if you get them below 50% they just melt. most people have been countering fairly well.

i will say this though i have never had so many kb's in a night, weird having a execute.

I'm really enjoying having an execute too, and the whole dawns wrath line is finally where it should of been.

I was at sej last night beaming people from the top with immovable and blazing shield. Lots of fun.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, it means a full bar of mana if someone uses it on me rendering me unkillabl
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm so excited for this to go live.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's easy to counter. Only powerful when the target is in execute range. It's interruptible. The damage is high, but that because it's an execute. People don't take into account it's a 3 sec channel when they see their damage they think it hit them all at once. Also, it has an unstated cast time. When you press the ability and when the cast goes off there is at least a .5 maybe .75 second delay.

Current bug with it as someone mentioned, if you have tab target on someone you can actually shoot the beam through any physical object, and if they move out of LOS it follows anyway.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I read are templars trying to hold on to their clearly OP ability.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    All I read are templars trying to hold on to their clearly OP ability.

Care to make a counter argument?
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes 2-3 cloaks to break it...
    Edited by TheBull on January 29, 2015 7:13PM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every thread I have seen on this issue is templars defending the skill vs everyone else calling it OP.

As a templar player, I shall break from convention and agree with the other players, this ability is extremely OP, and broken. LOS issue, the interrupt doesnt always work, and the damage is scaled far too high for a basic and rather cheap by comparison ability.

Soul assault is a similar skill, but is an ultimate. The fact it even comes close to the power of SA in terms of raw damage over channel is lunacy, and no counter argument will ever nullify that fact.

By all means however, guys, keep defending your toy because it will cause exactly two things to happen if it stays this way going live.

1. People will quit pvp, and of course this is not a good thing. People are tired of abuse of broken/OP stuff.
    2. People will all roll the exact same templar spec and diversity out the window again.

How many times do we have to repeat the past?
    Edited by Rylana on January 29, 2015 7:24PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charge, interrupt, stun, block. All these work to counter it. It's "op" only when you out of range for these actions.

It's like impale with channel. So what is the moaning about?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    Charge, interrupt, stun, block. All these work to counter it. It's "op" only when you out of range for these actions.

It's like impale with channel. So what is the moaning about?

Except its not. It does about six times the damage at base of impale. Its like having soul assault up 100 percent of the time and just being able to chain cast it.

What it should do, is kill your entire magicka pool, literally 100 percent useage each time you fire it.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. According to template characters..

Assasin's Blade I : 450 base damage, costs 1600 magicka
    Radiant Destruction I : 1950 base damage over 3 seconds (ticks like 650), costs 3990 magicka.
    Both deals more damage on low health targets.
    Soul Strike I : 4010 damage over 2.8 seconds, cost 100 ultimate

You are vulnerable to any kind of action while channeling it
    It's not THAT op.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nothing like having soul assault up all the time it does absolutely no damage to people above 50% health lol and any shield just completely mitigates it.

I think a lot of what is throwing off people is they aren't used to having Templars burst them down with an execute.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention stupid 1 sec delay when you try to cast it

It does however deal high damage when you stack empower and spell crit buffs from various skills along with backlash
    But it has nothing to do with base skill
    Edited by Soris on January 29, 2015 8:06PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT: Templars defending their OP "I win"-button.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah magicka templars finally can do some damage atm, deal with it^^
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    Yeah magicka templars finally can do some damage atm, deal with it on PTS for 2 weeks before it is rightfully nerfed.

Fixed that for you.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is LOL.

New burst ability for a class that no one is used to having burst and every cries OP instead of looking at it objectively.

High magicka cost, channeled, two qualifications for it to do max damage - it's fine.

I'm used to Templar resto envy, but Templar dps envy just sounds like an oxymoron.
    #nerfkeyboards
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well im seeing people trying to dodge roll or run out of range when I cast it. Probably same people come here and ask for nerf.
    You just need to adapt and do some proper counter.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
This discussion has been closed.