The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BUG: Silvenar, Malabal Tor - Mages Guild Quest Stuck!

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a quest marker on Silvenar on my map that says "Talk to Valaste", however there is no NPC names Valaste to be found, and I have no quests in my entire journal that have that objective.

I have re-logged and it is still there.

This is after completing the reunion of the Silvenar and Green Lady quest.
Edited by Phinix1 on May 19, 2014 8:05PM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appears related to this issue. I am currently attempting to track down Valaste with no success to continue the Mages Guild quest.

This marker on Silvenar is clearly a bug. Even when leaving the city entirely it remains, so it isn't one of those issues where all the quests outside a zone show a marker at the exit to that zone.

No idea why a marker is showing up here, Valaste is definitely not here, wherever the hell she made off to.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update: I had to abandon this stage of the Mages Guild quest line because after multiple re-logs the NPOC was not at the marker where I needed to meet her. I think this may be an overlooked phasing issue, where if you complete the quest to reunite the Silvenar and Green Lady before talking to the Mages Guild lady at Silvenar city, the city phases to the post-celebration phase and you are unable to do so.

Now I am stuck however, because I can't seem to pick the Mages Guild quest back up anywhere to try again. :(
  • ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    Valaste is the Prophet's name. You probably need to go to the harborage.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, the prophet is Varen. THIS is Valaste. Definitely Mages Guild. I tried going back to the Mages Guild to re-start the quest and was unable to. Hate to think I lost on of the main quest lines in the game half way through...

Going to log back in and try again.
    Edited by Phinix1 on May 19, 2014 8:32PM
  • ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    Oops. Well it started with a "V". Getting senile. Sorry.

Looks like I'm gettting close to your progress, halfway across Malabal Tor. I see the quest marker that you are talking about on the Eastern side of the map. I will likely get there tomorrow.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up finding Shalidor's projection outside the mages guild in Marbruk, and was able to pick up the main quest line again. Will see if I am ever able to find this missing Valaste person once I get to that part again...
  • ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    She was in the Mage's Guild to the right when I got there, but I have not done the lower section of the map yet(The Silvener part). So, that could be why I had no issue.
  • ThorGoLucky
    ThorGoLucky
    Soul Shriven
    A workaround is to abandon the quest and then go to any Mage's Guild to pick up the quest again from Arch-Mage Shalidor.
  • KiKiKoy
    KiKiKoy
    ✭✭
    I got stuck here too :/
  • TDubIV
    TDubIV
    Soul Shriven
    Just Abandon and pick it up again at the mages guild
  • BrokenChef

Go to Malab Tor, Bandari Trading Post, Mages Guild. Valaste is there with a marker over her head. The portal to The Shivering Isles is right beside her.

• ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.