The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FatStacks is accepted from the dev side or will I be banned as botter?

zyntex
zyntex
✭✭
FatStacks is a damn great addon to keep the guild bank organised.

I'm just a little bit worried that ZOS maybe think I'm a botter/hacker or something...I think the addon works that way that it takes the unstacked items from the guild bank into my inventory and then stacks them and put them back into the guild bank.

So automatically item moving, you know what I mean?

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info335-FatStacks.html
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    It's done using the API that ZOS provided.
    Author & Moderator at ESOUI
    My Addons
  • hugues.ballantb16_ESO
    The same with Roomba... I was wondering if it was allowed
  • ZOS_HugoP
    ZOS_HugoP
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings folks,

Please be aware that we do not provide official customer support for add-ons.

As such, please make sure that the add-on you want to use is not against our Terms of Use.
    Edited by ZOS_HugoP on May 4, 2014 9:47AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • zyntex
    zyntex
    ✭✭
    I don't whant support from you guys I just want to know how you (for example) would handle with my account when you see that I move a lot of items quickly from the guild bank, to my inventory and back to the bank...
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyntex wrote: »
    I don't whant support from you guys I just want to know how you (for example) would handle with my account when you see that I move a lot of items quickly from the guild bank, to my inventory and back to the bank...

Not providing an answer = cover butt
  • stryderzz
    stryderzz
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_HugoP wrote: »
    Greetings folks,

As such, please make sure that the add-on you want to use is not against our Terms of Use.

yeah i think thats kinda bull, you guys shouldn't let addons that you don't want in the game and you should check it yourself, you guys are paid for your time, we aren't, i can only hope that if it was against the terms that the player wouldn't be held responsible because you guys are too lazy to check the addons to make sure it isn't against your own rules, if so, change this now

• Naguur86
    Naguur86
    ✭✭✭
    stryderzz wrote: »
    Greetings folks,

yeah i think thats kinda bull, you guys shouldn't let addons that you don't want in the game and you should check it yourself, you guys are paid for your time, we aren't, i can only hope that if it was against the terms that the player wouldn't be held responsible because you guys are too lazy to check the addons to make sure it isn't against your own rules, if so, change this now

If they would check every AddOn then there would be a platform where the author would upload the AddOn and Zeni checks it before the players are able to download it.
    There is no such official platform so the responsibility is in the hands of the author and the player.

Or should there be a team that combs through the internet and looks at every code for every Addon out there?
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand it like this, if you use a addon that does the work for you, its a indication of going against the terms of use. I wont use it if I was u.

Addons that give you info about the game, like maps, damage, buffs and so on, dont do the work, there for fully allowed

• xryanvb16_ESO
    xryanvb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Greetings folks,

Please be aware that we do not provide official customer support for add-ons or anything else for that matter.

Fixed it for you ;)

Edited by xryanvb16_ESO on May 4, 2014 8:23PM
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    Again...
    Seerah wrote: »
    It's done using the API that ZOS provided.

If ZOS doesn't want something to be possible, they take out the API for it so that it is no longer possible. This has happened already (more than once, I believe) since the beta through to now.

If they don't like the addon, they'll break it.
    Edited by Seerah on May 4, 2014 9:59PM
    Author & Moderator at ESOUI
    My Addons
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    Like it happened with Jumper. If it's unwanted they will eventually change something in the API to disable it, with no repercussions to the user.
    Invictus EU Guild Officer
  • wizzerd_lg_ESO
    Greetings folks,

I'm all in favor of Devs maintaining good communication with players, but if you're gonna give a vague non-answer to a pretty specific question, maybe you shouldn't have bothered to respond at all :/
  • Ryiah
    Ryiah
    Except they are not asking for customer support. They are asking for clarification of the Terms of Service.

@zyntex: In my opinion, which tends to err on the safe side, anything that automates something is questionable.
    Edited by Ryiah on May 5, 2014 7:10PM
  • zyntex
    zyntex
    ✭✭
    Ryiah wrote: »
    @zyntex: In my opinion, which tends to err on the safe side, anything that automates something is questionable.

That is exactly the point why I came here!

It's ok to know that those addons use the API and should be save but if they just see "zyntex is removing x amounts of items within y time and directly putting the mback into storage" you can't say if I use an addon using the official API or some other (botting/hacking/whatever) tool to do it.

In my opinion ZOS did a lot of good stuff with TESO but the whole storage thing is a mess! No autostackin? C'mon we live in 2014!
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings folks,

@ZOS_HugoP, I think that's why OP is asking.

FatStacks only takes things from the guild bank, stacks it in your inventory and deposits them back in the bank. It has been created as a patch for the lack of guild bank autostacking and it does not duplicate any item. The fact is that it automatizes an action in an absolute innocent way.

I know you cannot check every add-on and you will not provide any support on them (nor we are asking for that), but could you please answer if that automatization is accepted or not? :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Does it break the terms of service the ZOS rep posted? No. Bam, your answer.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am DL'ing it as soon as I get home, I manage our guild bank and its a huge pain in the rear.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com