The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motif / Materials Drop Rate Decrease

• Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    I must have pulled an unlucky spot from the rng....I'm almost vet 4 (been playing since early access), and have cleared every area - other than the group dungeons - from the maps. I've also spent time going through every house in the towns, looting containers, as well as unlocking every treasure chest I find. I've received only 10 or so motifs (several of them duplicates) and had to finally buy the Redguard one off of someone. No sign of any of the rare motifs, and I've only found around 4 non-CE treasure maps during my entire length of play. I also only have 6 daedric hearts to show for my deconstructing efforts.
    This is all part of the game.
  • ZOS_RobinsonE
    ZOS_RobinsonE
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

We have moved this post to the General Section.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone,

We have moved this post to the General Section.

So General forum is where we go to ask ZOS to fix the game?
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like the motif nerf, i can now sell Deadric and Ancient Elf motifs for outrageous and people still thank me for it.

Enjoy buying your motifs for 100-200k and i will enjoy my legendary gear and glyphs :) Sure farming is longer but farming bookcases doesn't require much focus so i do that while i am reading, watching a movie or series, etc :)

So who does this nerf hurt?
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    Lkory wrote: »
    I actually like the motif nerf, i can now sell Deadric and Ancient Elf motifs for outrageous and people still thank me for it.

Enjoy buying your motifs for 100-200k and i will enjoy my legendary gear and glyphs :) Sure farming is longer but farming bookcases doesn't require much focus so i do that while i am reading, watching a movie or series, etc :)

So who does this nerf hurt?

It's not so much a nerf, as you can spend more time making money to compensate for the additional cost.
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    Since the patch (whichever one it was) I haven't seen 1 motif...at all. Checked every available nightstand, desk, wardrobe, etc...nothing. Made it all the way to Shadowfen (VR4) so far with nothing to show for it.

I swear, I'm the unluckiest thief in Tamriel.
    Edited by Spidermonk on May 20, 2014 5:05PM
  • Spaceace74
    I'm only level 24 and I open everything I come across and only have 5. I'd like to see them drop more or drop some as quest reward item(along with the regular quest reward item). I'm not against farming but the drop rate is to low imo.
  • Namiel
    Namiel
    ✭✭
    @Shanna
    If you found several duplicates, why in the world did you have to buy the Redguard style? They're BOE (i like it, BoP would make things harder...), trade one of your style for the one you don't have.

@Lkory
    Oh please. Do not act like you were one of the farmer that really got nerfed!
    Posts are public, and anyone can see them from your profile page.
    No motif found in the last weeks, neither in VR zones or in normal zones.

And i dont see anyone selling them either. Thats on the NA server.
    I don't care about the fact you like to spend hours of game time farming something, everyone enjoy the game as he/she likes, just saying you can wear-off your mask of coolness and try to be useful to the discussion.
    "Be like water, my friend"
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    Spaceace74 wrote: »
    I'm only level 24 and I open everything I come across and only have 5. I'd like to see them drop more or drop some as quest reward item(along with the regular quest reward item). I'm not against farming but the drop rate is to low imo.

You're level 24/50 and you have 5 of them.... How is the drop rate low then? You almost have them all. Do you want them for free at level 3, or what?
  • Aria
    Aria
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy just to get a single set of the "rare" motifs just so I can craft all the armor, I really have no desire to farm for these so I can resell them.

However due to insane prices and lack of drop luck think I am in for a very long wait!
    Silver Dragon Legion
    "The adult, casual no drama guild you've been waiting for!"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    I agree nothing in games should be rare. I hate it when I get that "OH WOW" feeling that I get when something exceedingly rare drops.

I was perfectly satisfied with the "oh... look... another motif who in my guild doesn't have one? everyone? put it on the guild store for a month I guess"
    I loot a lot, took me to level 35 to get all the common motifs, could got them faster but lots of want to trade changed into sell for gold.

The problem on veteran zone is that after starting playing after 18 hour offline you enter a city. you loot say 5 cupboards and the rest is empty.
    Had been perfectly ok by moving motifs to drop from bosses in 4 man dungeons.

Problem with current system is that it also hit food items for cooking, issue will increase as most players become veteran.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Namiel wrote: »
    @Shanna
    If you found several duplicates, why in the world did you have to buy the Redguard style? They're BOE (i like it, BoP would make things harder...), trade one of your style for the one you don't have.

@Lkory
    Oh please. Do not act like you were one of the farmer that really got nerfed!
    Posts are public, and anyone can see them from your profile page.
    No motif found in the last weeks, neither in VR zones or in normal zones.

And i dont see anyone selling them either. Thats on the NA server.
    I don't care about the fact you like to spend hours of game time farming something, everyone enjoy the game as he/she likes, just saying you can wear-off your mask of coolness and try to be useful to the discussion.

ya that was on may 10th, was busy last week, had a *** load to read so had time to log on and off instead of playing the game and not getting anything for it :open_mouth: EDIT: oh and only got 2 Ancient Elf, still looking for Deadric, but filled my prov with worthless food for when he needs it at least.

I don't really like it but it does not matter has i am actually doing something else in the first place :) I rarely do a single thing at the time, multitasking works better for me.
    Edited by Lkory on May 20, 2014 10:26PM
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Bethesda/Zenimax....decreasing the drop rate for motifs will only serve to annoy your customer base and probably force those who really want to craft in different styles to the gold farmers. By the number or rares I see running around, I think a lot already have. If you decrease it FURTHER....please explain why you are doing this..I doesn't make sense to me, maybe I'm missing something.

I don't mind working my butt off in the game to get something I want, but thanks to not having a world banking system, people are asking WAY too much for the motifs. Don't punish your paying customers because of the bots. Spend your time on the cause of the issue, bots. Don't give people a reason to re-think why they are paying you monthly for things to get worse.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    AngryWolf wrote: »
    Bethesda/Zenimax....decreasing the drop rate for motifs will only serve to annoy your customer base and probably force those who really want to craft in different styles to the gold farmers. By the number or rares I see running around, I think a lot already have. If you decrease it FURTHER....please explain why you are doing this..I doesn't make sense to me, maybe I'm missing something.

I don't mind working my butt off in the game to get something I want, but thanks to not having a world banking system, people are asking WAY too much for the motifs. Don't punish your paying customers because of the bots. Spend your time on the cause of the issue, bots. Don't give people a reason to re-think why they are paying you monthly for things to get worse.

Its not even bots, i haven't seen many bot like behavior from VR1 to VR6. The farmers are real players that actually ask me if i found anything or if its worth trying. Those players are not willing to buy gold or spend their hard earned gold on it.

It is if you are doing something else and distractingly loot a house over and over. Fill up on everything you can as well, Alchemist water, food, food ingredients, style stone, some treasure map and maybe a motif if you are really lucky. I actually spend the last week doing 1-2 hour a day just to test it myself.

Probably not worth paying the price considering how hard it is to make gold and keep it in this game.
    Edited by Lkory on May 20, 2014 10:49PM
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »

So General forum is where we go to ask ZOS to fix the game?

*Bury threads so they don't get much attention. Is more like it.
    Because as most would have noticed, they have yet to actually admit their little stealth nerf.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on May 20, 2014 10:47PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Wookie120
    Wookie120
    Kind of like using a sledgehammer tokill a gnat, or tossing the baby out with the wash water.
  • hightoriab16_ESO
    I am currently V8, by the time I had reached V1 I had found 5 motifs after searching every piece of furniture I saw, 2 of those motifs I already knew. At V1 I created a dominion alt and began farming the first bank I saw, within A day I had 6 new styles. Happy with that I continued to V8 but now I want to get the last few motifs, but can't. I found a unique instance in silatar (Dominion mission) with multiple furnitures and nobody else there. I have farmed repeatedly for hours and not seen one motif. Am I just unlucky or is the drop rate really so low that you need to search thousands of containers before a motif will come up?
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch the price go up again because the craglorn pts says they're nerfing it (despite the nerf being snuck in already) people will cause a panic saying it was nerfed twice, haha.

• Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •The rate at which you can earn racial motifs and provisioning recipes from lootable containers and furniture has been slightly reduced.

This was on a recent set of 1.1 patch notes I found. Seriously... I hope it's incorrect !
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    •The rate at which you can earn racial motifs and provisioning recipes from lootable containers and furniture has been slightly reduced.

This was on a recent set of 1.1 patch notes I found. Seriously... I hope it's incorrect !

It was already nerfed, they snuck it in with a previous patch. However since it's listed on the PTS patch notes, I bet some "enterprising" individuals are going to spread the rumor that they nerfed it twice so they can raise their prices again.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on May 22, 2014 11:31AM

• Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »

It was already nerfed, they snuck it in with a previous patch. However since it's listed on the PTS patch notes, I bet some "enterprising" individuals are going to spread the rumor that they nerfed it twice so they can raise their prices again.

True, somebody will try. Personally I'd have liked to see them increase the drop rate. (at least for the non-rare motif books)
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It WAS nerfed twice.

But I have some lovely original print motifs for sale for just 200k.

Friends and family discount down to 199k .... that's UNDER 200k .... what a bargain.

Don't you love adverts on TV that tell you something is under £300 and it turns out it's £299. That massive saving of 1 whole pound makes all the difference.
  • andreas.rudroffb16_ESO

Friends and family discount down to 199k .... that's UNDER 200k .... what a bargain.

right now thats a bargain on the EU Server :)

daedric just reaches 500k

• rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am on the EU server.

To be fair though, I have chat turned off so wouldn't see the silly prices people are asking for them.

The last one I saw was just over a week ago with someone who bought an Argonian motif for 23k.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    500k for a daedric? LOL.

• Namiel
    Namiel
    ✭✭

lol, got mine for 70k.
    you know 500k gold are not so easy available for the average player, but only for those who already sold some "epic" motif. No one will buy it.
    "Be like water, my friend"
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't appreciate paying $15 a month and then being told I have to be 1/500 or 1/1000 lucky to play with the toys I paid for. In every ES game I could get deadric armor eventually if I tried hard enough, here I just have to win the lottery.

It's not fun. Fun would be having the cosmetics available so I can play dress-up.
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the 1.1.2 patch notes (released just now):

Itemization
    The rate at which you can earn racial motifs and provisioning recipes from lootable containers and furniture has been slightly reduced.

This is the second nerf people have been talking about and it is now live.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is rare and then there is non-existent. Since turning Veteran three weeks ago and looting hundreds and maybe thousands of containers of every sort I have yet to see ONE rare motif. This is from someone who plays daily and doesn't do the log in log out thing.

I understand being rare but geez how many recipes and lockpicks do I need to keep seeing before a motif shows up?
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making changes to decrease drop rates will only result in more trading; in chat none the less. Some would see that as a negative. We do not need changes.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org