The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So I have to decided to quit the game as I am feeling ignored.

Eliran
Eliran
✭✭✭✭✭
As it seems we are being ignored, I really can't be bothered anymore.

Believe me I've tried but this is just not an MMO to me.

I am level 50, been around, did some PVP, the game is SADLY perfect except of communication.

No body care about Guilds, no body care about Chats, everything is empty and dead, I couldn't find a single normal friend, everyone seems to not give a damn by all means, I've never felt such loneliness in ANY other MMO I've played in the last 12 years.

The Best MMO ever made and yet come with a price of a 100% DEAD world as the game was made for Soloing and NOT for Multiplayer.

Yes I do believe the main reasons are the lack of Chats features which would make chat more attractive, chat bubbles for example.

Also to mention how sad it is with no Nameplates and I repeat, I'VE TRIED MY BEST.

So far the only purpose of Guilds are overpriced Auction Houses which are not even worth to the non farmers to use with the unrealistic Auction Cuts and Fee's.

Really, I don't get why would such a perfect game where EVERYTHING is set to the maximum with the ultimade quality edge is having such a poor communication features.

As said above, the game is NOT made for Multiplayer and is made for pure solo in its current condition, an MMO pretender.

Therefore, I've decided to not Subscribe to the game and leave as it is till ZeniMax open they are Eyes and see what such ignorant thinking get them to.

I just hope it wont be too late, as I said in my old thread, the majority of the Players DO WANT Nameplates and all of those "normal MMO" features and I also think (which I might be wrong but I doubt that) that the game won't be able to sustain it self in the long terms without those features.

Just felt like sharing my mind, please avoid trolling/hating.

Thank you!
  • caelumpanache
    caelumpanache
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry that you feel like you are being ignored, but I couldn't help but notice you posted this in the Add ons and UI mods section of the forums.
    I know that whenever I need something in life, it often helps to find the correct bureaucrat to talk to.
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did because this kind of problem is UI related, if the whole UI would've support communication between players in a more friendly way , all of the above wouldn't be relevant ...

The game is a dream come true if communication would be made right.
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    I am very sorry to hear your troubles but it isn't always this way.

I'm in three guilds that I have true social interaction with on a regular basis. (The other two are trading guilds.)

One of the three guilds was actually formed specifically for like-minded people to experience the game together in a truly communal way. Anyone in THAT guild is worth their weight and then some I've come to realize.

I think, sadly, you've just had a run of very bad luck. :(

If you've already stopped playing, then I hope you do find something to make you happy again. If you haven't stopped yet, feel free to send me an in game mail.

@Insanyti‌

Whatever you do, hope you're happy.
  • mumok
    mumok
    ✭✭✭
    I must say that having come from Lineage II where the chat system is a very big part and heavily used feature in the game, ESO is extremely different.

I am not used to running across hundreds of people while grinding or questing and no one so much as even attempt to communicate to each other. In L2 it was almost customary to at least say "hi" or ":)" when you meet someone out of town, maybe even stop and chat for a second. This game doesn't seem to encourage that.

I am very new to the game and have only been playing for about a week, so maybe it will be something that will be easier as I get more accustomed to the game and get involved with a guild. It does seem a little off putting though.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In before close. Also, how does anyone know what a majority of players want? We don't even know how many players there are so you can't quantify anything.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • thilog
    thilog
    ✭✭✭
    Eliran wrote: »
    As it seems we are being ignored, I really can't be bothered anymore.

I know how you feel. Which is why many people now use skype or teamspeak when they play.. ingame chat is almost useless. It just isn't fast enough to allow communication. Would be nice to see "chatrooms" for people to talk in.. but I doubt in this day and age that people really give a .. about what other people want, it's all about what "I" want.

I'd also agree with Insanyti‌, it might be an idea to purposefully ask for or even form a "social guild" instead of a pvp, pve, raid, trade guild.. one where you can just sit down and talk in.

Edited by thilog on April 25, 2014 5:26PM
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    As noted above, most decent sized guilds use voice communications like Vent or Teamspeak.

I never cared about chat in most games....my typing skills are bad, and get worse when intermixed with my marginal ingame running/fighting skills.

Just find a decent guild.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont feel ignored.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in absolutely no guilds and have zone chat turned off.

I have almost no problems communicating with anyone at any time, and even have managed to find some RP to engage in. At level 25.

I will venture a guess that you're just so dependent upon name plates and chat bubbles that you can't seem to get along without them....which is alright, but to quit a game because that game lacks those features by design? No sympathy.

You've also made it to 50, meaning you've seen quite a few players in the time you've been playing...but never reached out to them?

I find the far more believable scenario is this: free month is nearing an end and you just don't want to pay a sub. In fact, you never intended to sub up, and are simply venting/trashing the game on its forums.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you just need to put yourself out there more. Maybe not to the extent that I do, because I get bombarded and barely have time to breath, let alone play. But, yeah. There are people EVERYWHERE and they talk ENDLESSLY to the point I have to disable chat and avoid Teamspeak if I plan to develop for my addons.

I find it hard to believe that someone could make it to Vet 1 (you don't actually hit 50, so perhaps you aren't as you claim) and not collide with people all over the place and accidentally end up with friend requests, group requests and involved with others in chat.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    QQ? So your ignored which means you will leave the game? That is silly. Find support. There are tons of guilds out there that are helpful. You have to do the work and find them. They will not just come to you.
  • fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am very sorry you feel as you do, and WASTED our time with your personal issues.
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    QA3CFaI.jpg?1

You are not the first to complain about this.

Not in ESO. SWTOR. WoW. Everquest. UO.

Getting someone to pay attention to you. Making yourself FEEL like you are valuable and important.

Like you are not invisible, and are actively involved with others.

But you are sitting on a computer, away from physical human contact, and restricting any form of communication to a chat window and button pushes in a game.

I mean honestly... if you WANT that kind of interaction and feedback, you have far better ways to obtain that.

Find a guild that suits your tastes, and join their mumble/teamspeak. Talk to people about the game and around the game.

THEN... talk to them IN the game.

Grab people's attention... find someone dying, and heal them. Or taunt for them.

/wave and /greet...

Or... play the game and get your human interaction from other sources.
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even polls shows the majority do want them, everyone I know want them.

I never felt alone in WoW not for a mere moment, I am not going back to WoW as I had enough of it, I just feel sad to leave this one but really I am in an empty world.
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is a delicate balancing act, between MMO fans and TES fans, both with radically different desires and play-styles. And there really seems to be almost nobody in the middle, here.
    Most in the TES camp applaud the hardline no-nameplates, no-speechbubbles decision, but decry the choice to spend so much tester and developer time on PVP zones, group-only zones for the elder game, and just about everything about guilds, as pointless and detracting.
    Naturally, MMO players say the exact opposite. And that's OK.
    And some people feel that Zenimax' vision of a game which caters to both, is not a vision of a game they want to play. And that's OK, too. Not everyone in the world has to like or play the game.
    For many of us, though, they've really hit the sweet spot. And that's very OK.
  • ZOS_SilviaS
    We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave The Elder Scrolls Online community. Eliran, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now per our Code of Conduct policy on quitting/goodbye threads.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.