The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hide all players option?

Takanami
Takanami
✭✭✭
What would you think of a "hide allies" and/or "hide all players option" put into ESO that people could use whenever they pleased?

I ask this because it is virtually impossible for me and some others to even enter a city or other populated areas during prime-time due to the latency (sometimes it's the only time we get to play). Everything becomes frozen and can't be interacted with. While it wont decrease all lag, it may certainly rid some of it.

A few years ago I played Aion, and one of the few great things i remember is when it was getting a bit overpopulated, or when you were in a massive group or alliance and you could feel the latency kicking up a gear, you could simply Shift+F12, and poof - every ally in site would immediately vanish (showing only healthbars) and your game would increase tenfold as it doesn't have to load/keep track of every texture on each piece of armour or clothing in you vicinity.

This could be a great optional setting for anyone to use in my opinion
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit late, but I agree with this. I'm tired of trying to enjoy the game and get immersed as a bunch of people are jumping around in circles and casting spells which engulf the street in flames and having to see a bunch of purple daedra flying around every which way and listening to the noises they make. I'd love a feature to hide other players...or at least the summons.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Mace
    Mace
    ✭✭
    Skyrim?
    Masce
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorry, but please go back to your single player games.
    Another SWTOR we do not want.
    Edited by Anoteros on April 16, 2014 3:37AM
  • King_Sarathos
    King_Sarathos
    Soul Shriven
    I absolutely 100% support this. If I need to group up for something, I'll bloody well get a group myself. I don't want to see 6 other players jumping around and ransacking a supposedly "undisturbed" area. It completely destroys any sense of immersion the game manages to capture.

Sorry about the necro, but this is the only relevant thread that Google pulled.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly it won't happen.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 19, 2015 10:21PM
  • Anacario
    Anacario
    ✭✭✭
    A great idea, but I don't see any way to implement it. It would mean in delves and public dungeons, there'd either have to be separate instances for every player, or you'd see mobs dropping dead for no particular reason (invisible players fighting alongside you).
    "There's an old Orcish saying about shields. I don't remember what it is, I'm just saying. There's an old Orcish saying. Buy a shield."

CP 1121
    PC NA
    Beta Tester / Member since November 2013
    In-Game-Name: @barblebapkins
    -Anacario Thunderbrewer ( AD , Altmer magsorc shock mage, main )
    -Revlyn Dres ( EP , Dunmer stamblade assassin )
    -Attrius Truiand ( DC , Imperial stamDK tank )
    -Dar'Jariido ( AD , Khajiit stamblade pacifist thief )
    -Cleans-Many-Rivers ( EP , Argonian magplar healer )
    -Idrayla Telvanni ( EP , Dunmer magDK fire mage )
  • King_Sarathos
    King_Sarathos
    Soul Shriven
    A great idea, but I don't see any way to implement it. It would mean in delves and public dungeons, there'd either have to be separate instances for every player, or you'd see mobs dropping dead for no particular reason (invisible players fighting alongside you).

The solution in my head would be sort of like zoning. Kind of like how NPCs are sometimes hidden before you reach a certain point in a quest.
  • GoodSmith
    GoodSmith
    I strongly agree with this option too. Many players play this game solo (including Pete Hines himself), but the game loses its immersive feel with all the players around you doing the exact same quest, specially when you are supposed to be doing something unique in the quest like picking up a key from a box and you see 10 other players doing the exact same thing beside you.

I actually stopped playing ESO because I couldn't immerse myself enough into it and was distracted by the other players. I believe Bethesda should care about having more people playing the game than how they are playing it. And it's very easy to implement this feature. No need to create extra instances or anything at all. You are just hiding something from the screen even when it's beside you in the same instance. That's enough for me.
  • Cirrael
    Cirrael
    Soul Shriven
    Anacario wrote: »

This is an issue that would mean either, instanced world for those players who play for the immersive experience.
    Or at least: "hide other players in towns" which usually have the bigger problem.

ES games have been loved by their fans thought the years because of their immersive qualities in which they excel. Since Bethesda has left their fans 9 years without a followup, implementing a solo version of ESO doesn't seem like such a weird thing to ask. It could apply only to ESO+ members. Otherwise it looks like they've abandoned their fan base in favor of the hordes of randomly jumping mmo players.

• Cirrael
    Cirrael
    Soul Shriven
    Anoteros wrote: »
    sorry, but please go back to your single player games.
    Another SWTOR we do not want.

Go back to lol
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why play an mmo when you don't want to play an mmo?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirrael wrote: »
    Anacario wrote: »

This is an issue that would mean either, instanced world for those players who play for the immersive experience.
    Or at least: "hide other players in towns" which usually have the bigger problem.

ES games have been loved by their fans thought the years because of their immersive qualities in which they excel. Since Bethesda has left their fans 9 years without a followup, implementing a solo version of ESO doesn't seem like such a weird thing to ask. It could apply only to ESO+ members. Otherwise it looks like they've abandoned their fan base in favor of the hordes of randomly jumping mmo players.

Good luck getting a reply from 2015, LOL.
    A new thread might get more traction (and won't get closed by the mods.

39bl66.jpg
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 18, 2020 11:13AM
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen an addon that does this for trials. You can only see yourself in raid and can't see your teammates unless they're dead, so it's easier for you to focus on what you're doing. Maybe you can modify it to work for outside of group content?
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is old and the information within may be out of date. You can create a new thread to continue this discussion to ensure that all of the information will be as up to date as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.