The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

When will Imperials be able to be white?

RenTheCat
RenTheCat
✭✭
We have yet another Cyrodiil expansion, and again, filled with white imperial NPCs, color of paper basically, while all the player can be is tan, olive tan or black. Why? Why make 99% of the NPCs of a race a skin color that's not even available to players? Imagine if they made a Dunmer themed Chapter and all the dark elves in it were yellow, it would be ridiculous. Yet we have Blackwood full of white imperial NPCs, Gold Coast full of white imperial NPCs, Imperial city full of white imperial npcs, and now Skingrad full of white imperials.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 16, 2024 5:28PM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial vampires are very pale.
    Options
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand this question. My Imperials are white, though the vampire is quite cadaverously (if that's even a word) white. Because I guess he kind of is a cadaver. With feelings. I digress, it's 3AM and the game's down.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also don't understand the question. Here's my imperial:

Raenara-Evinicia-level06-26-40.jpg

She looks pretty stereotypically "white" to me.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm question a lil sus brother
    Options
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    Idk what you're talking about, my guy here is pretty light skinned white, blonde haired, blue eyed.
    0telvzmp2tql.jpg

How about we talk about real issues like the lack of green skin tones for Dark Elf and Orc players, and lack of black hair for High Elf players?
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lack of black hair in general really.
    Options
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    Cobble123 wrote: »
    [snip]

Edit: nvm it's 5 AM, and I didn't really read the post title just the post so wasn't sure of OP's intentions. A bit sus indeed hmmm lol.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 16, 2024 5:52PM
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: On second thought I don't think the humour landed.

I think I will stick to my day job instead.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on April 16, 2024 8:59AM
    Options
  • Serpari
    Serpari
    ✭✭✭
    You might want to adjust your monitor. Reshade presets/shaders can also affect this, if you use them. IDK, I play Imperials almost exclusively and they're pretty pale. Now, if you're talking about the fact there's Imperial NPCs like Captain Rian Liore who have access to even paler skin tones players do not have access to (I think it might be the Nordic palette), that's another question altogether. Is that what you mean? Your title is...suspect, honestly.

09fg30wc2zmw.jpg
    Rian Liore.

08elg8mmgtnf.png
    kao9d5ug4029.png
    My Imperial on one of the palest skin colors. But I purposely use a Reshade that gives skin a more golden tone (Atmosfaria Reshade).

Honestly, I'm fine with the current Imperial skin palette, as an warm-toned RL!Latin. The colors are about right. I guess I wouldn't be adverse to paler Imperials, for those Cyrods with more Nordic blood. What Captain Rian Liore has going on looks about right to me for the palest I'd go.

IDK what people mean by Imperials lacking black hair, because they absolutely do have black hair. If they mean that the blacks have a slight brown undertone, well...yeah, so does black hair RL. Black hair is just super saturated brown.

Edited by Serpari on April 16, 2024 9:26AM

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Eating my wings to make me tame
    Options
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think ESO needs to add more optional skin and hair colors, which are basic features in many games.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk what you're talking about, my guy here is pretty light skinned white, blonde haired, blue eyed.
    0telvzmp2tql.jpg

How about we talk about real issues like the lack of green skin tones for Dark Elf and Orc players, and lack of black hair for High Elf players?

Why the heck would dunmer be green? Their skin was colored ash by azura as a curse, as well as red eyes. If anything, the white and purple dunmer eyes should get outta here.
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0telvzmp2tql.jpg

Nice character! If you hadn't included the race, I would honestly have thought he was a Nord!

100%. Bring back green Orcs!
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brother… is this a real question?

My god
    Options
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭
    8d6c2ad5-8524-4de8-81a0-c9b9f3d94eed_text.gif
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After review, we have decided it best to close this thread as it provides nothing constructive. When making threads, we ask that they be civil, constructive, and kept within the Community Guidelines. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.