The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game Performance has been bad since the last maintenance...

moderatelyfatman
moderatelyfatman
✭✭✭✭
Hello All,

I'm from the Asia-Pacific region (Australia, 240 ping) and I've noticed that sometimes after maintenance the game performance gets really really bad. I'm talking about prolonged 1k+ ping spikes and horrible desync where you can't even use a crafting bench.

Tonight we were doing vKA and a number of members were getting logged out on a regular basis throughout the entire trial. The healer was trying to heal a player without any response since the lag/desyc was so bad that they didn't realise they were dead. The tanks struggled to get taunt on a moving target. We had to abandon the trial.

This is a relatively common occurrence after maintenance. I don't know if it only affects people in high ping regions but it really kills any interest in the game when people with busy lives put the time aside to find the game in an unplayable state.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 27, 2024 7:04PM
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. I noticed that as well.
    Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pings definitely seem on the high side since the latest update. Before I was typically seeing 60-100, now I see > 100 on a regular basis and even the occasional 999+.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone running into issues with lag or latency, please try the troubleshooting in the help article linked below.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went in and checked everything and it's all good. Everything is updated accordingly. I have seen a couple other posts regarding ping, so maybe the issue is on your end.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ulvich

If you are still having issues with latency even after the troubleshooting, you are welcome to open a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    Staff Post
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Ulvich

If you are still having issues with latency even after the troubleshooting, you are welcome to open a ticket with customer support for further assistance.

I opened a ticket on March 27th. Haven't heard back. This is getting really frustrating. Lag spikes are still really bad.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulvich wrote: »
    @Ulvich

I opened a ticket on March 27th. Haven't heard back. This is getting really frustrating. Lag spikes are still really bad.

It's a holiday weekend. They are probably very short-staffed at the moment and who ever is there is probably working very hard doing everything. Be patient and they will get to the ticket asap.
  • ZOS_Kraken
    @Ulvich If you give me your ticket number, I would be happy to check on it for you.
    Staff Post
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kraken wrote: »
    @Ulvich If you give me your ticket number, I would be happy to check on it for you.

Hello, Kraken.
    I went ahead and sent you a message with the ticket number. I hope this helps helps.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My latency has been through the roof also and now I keep getting booted off and can't get back on. All I get is this error message:

Error 103 (4:5:301:0)
    Failed to obtain server connection information
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    My latency has been through the roof also and now I keep getting booted off and can't get back on. All I get is this error message:

Error 103 (4:5:301:0)
    Failed to obtain server connection information

I've found that sometimes completely restarting my computer and logging in again as soon as I can will sometimes fix this problem.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of admitting there is an error on their end ESO has us adjust our setting and check our connections. Or, in some cases like with me, just get ignored. I still haven't heard ANYTHING from ZOS regarding the ticket I opened on March 27.
  • Lan14
    Lan14
    ✭✭
    My daughter and I have both experienced severe rubberbanding just since the last patch. All the suggested fixes for lag do not seem to apply to this problem, since this is the only game we play that has been affected, and since the issue only started with the most recent patch.
  • Lan14
    Lan14
    ✭✭
    I should also note that we even tried disabling all of our addons.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Lan14

Have you opened a support ticket yet?

If so, you can share your ticket number here.
    Staff Post
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kraken wrote: »

Hey, Kraken...
    I'm still waiting for a reply regarding this lag.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ulvich

If you share the ticket number in this thread, another moderator can check on the ticket status and provide an update.
    Staff Post
  • HeavyMetalHippie420
    For anyone running into issues with lag or latency, please try the troubleshooting in the help article linked below.

That doesn't do any good. The issues are on your end.
    HeavyMetalHippie420
  • HeavyMetalHippie420
    Lan14 wrote: »
    My daughter and I have both experienced severe rubberbanding just since the last patch. All the suggested fixes for lag do not seem to apply to this problem, since this is the only game we play that has been affected, and since the issue only started with the most recent patch.

This is the first year where I've had issues getting endless loading screens and high latency. Their "troubleshooting" methods don't work. PVP is also broken.
    HeavyMetalHippie420
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HeavyMetalHippie420

Have you tried opening a support ticket as suggested in a post above?
    Staff Post