The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game Crashing Since U41

Seravi
Seravi
✭✭✭✭✭
I keep a browser open on my second monitor. I run ESO in Windowed Full Screen mode so I can just move my mouse to the second monitor to use the browser, email or other things. Since the update there are random times now the game freezes and the mouse just spins. I have to end the ESO process and log back in. Today it happened three times before I could get out of Skywatch for a short DB quest.

I usually check my characters inventory or go to journal before I move to the other monitor but not always. Shouldn't be an issue

I've never had this issue so it is a bit annoying to say the least. Anyone else having this problem?

Computer Specs:

CPU: intel i9-13900K with EKWB LGA 1700 ILM Replacement Kit
Motherboard: MSI Pro Z790-A WiFi
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4090 TUF Gaming OC 24G
RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6000 CL30
Hard Drive: (2) Samsung 990 Pro NVMe, 1TB and 2TB
Operating System: Windows 10
Case: Lian Li V3000 Plus

Cooling

(3) Loops
CPU: EK Quantum Velocity² Nickel/Plexi
GPU: OptimusPC Signature V2 4090 GPU Block
NVMe Cards: AlphaCool HDX Apex Acrylic aRGB blocks
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 27, 2024 6:49PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is beginning to happen quite frequently now. Twice in Craglorn just trying to do a Companion quest I was running out of the mages guild and the game will freeze. I have to end the process and log back in. There is nothing in my Event Log about ESO so I have no idea what is going on. I do know this didn't happen until U41.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crashing is a major issue since U41 for some reason.

The crashing can be lessened if the player runs in full screen mode, and is not in discord or running any other software while playing. ....but we should be able to be in discord at the same time we play with no issues occurring as a result.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Seravi

We are aware of an issue with ESO freezing after being launched. This is documented in the known issues for Update 41 found here. Please try the following crash troubleshooting steps and see if these will help out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks but I have tried the troubleshooting and it doesn't help. I don't use addons either so those are not an issue for me. My system can handle anything graphic related ESO wants to throw at it and was doing so before U41.

It happened again today in Vardenfell. I was saving a new build to my Armory and poof hang up. Again nothing in the Event Viewer ESO just stops working until I end the process.

Well if they are aware I guess we just wait for a fix of some kind then. :)

Thanks for the replies. :)
    Edited by Seravi on March 25, 2024 12:00PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Seravi

Thanks for keeping us updated. Since the troubleshooting has not helped, you can start a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    Staff Post
  • DarrowLykos
    DarrowLykos
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting hang-ups for just about anything I do: check email, talk to a vendor for anything whether it be a writ or to buy something etc and now in the past 2 days it will hang up while just sitting there idle. So at this point I can't get anything done because almost everything freezes the game . . .
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game has locked my PC 3 times this past week, it happened just now so please try and fix. I had to hit the reset button on my tower to get back in, I couldn`t alt+tab out or nothing. I also ran the game consult and it shows no problems but I can share the report if need be.
    Edited by madman65 on March 23, 2024 9:46PM
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just happened again during daily writs, I was opening the items you get after you get them from the crates. I checked the event log from computer management and it stated that eso64.exe was hung.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Seravi

Thanks for keeping us updated. Since the troubleshooting has not helped, you can start a ticket with customer support for further assistance.

Thanks! Will see how things go after this patch and if it keeps happening I will put a ticket in. :)
  • Norbert
    Norbert
    ✭✭
    I was searching for the same issue with the non responding client (mouse just spins). The game freeze and all i can do is kill the process. I get this behavior since last big update U41. Often while doing writs and jump between crafting stations.
    Today before the downtime started, my client crashed 3 times. Usually i have no problems with an unstable client.
    Logres Midgard!
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after today's patch I now cannot exit the game. :( I have to end the process at the log in/out screen so the game will close. Ugh....
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Seravi do you have a ticket in for this? Just want to make sure to pass it along to customer service just incase.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @Seravi do you have a ticket in for this? Just want to make sure to pass it along to customer service just incase.

Which problem? So far and I really hesitate to say it but I haven't crashed today. Just since the update I cannot exit the game without using alt F4. Thanks!
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I just submitted a ticket for the login screen hang:

240325-003329

I hope I didn't jinx myself on the crashes but the patch today "seemed" to have fixed this for me...I hope! :pensive:
    Thanks!!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Seravi

Please check your forum inbox as we've contacted you regarding your ticket with support.
    Staff Post
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the confusion guys. The ticket is for the new bug I have after yesterdays patch where I cannot exit the game unless I use alt F4.

The crashing issue mentioned in this thread seems to be fixed after yesterdays patch. :)

Thanks!!!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the update. Since the crashing issue has now resolved itself, we are going to close this thread going forward.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.