The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

RotW contain old and new set pieces

tomfant
tomfant
✭✭✭✭
The new U41 RotW coffers contain two set pieces. It can be 2 pieces from the new sets, a mixed bag, but also 2 pieces of the old sets.

Edit: spelling
Edited by tomfant on March 11, 2024 1:40PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We did discover an issue this morning where the old RotW contained two set pieces, but the new ones should only have one. Are you seeing otherwise @tomfant?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't opened a new ones yet, still chewing through old Whitestrake coffers.
    Options
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still had some old ones, just opened one and did indeed get two pieces, one Mara's Balm and one Oakfather's Retribution.

@ZOS_GinaBruno since you discovered this earlier, is it safe to assume this (old containers) is working as intended? Would be nice to know before I open any more of them.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    loosej wrote: »
    I still had some old ones, just opened one and did indeed get two pieces, one Mara's Balm and one Oakfather's Retribution.

@ZOS_GinaBruno since you discovered this earlier, is it safe to assume this (old containers) is working as intended? Would be nice to know before I open any more of them.

Same, I still have RotW boxes in my inbox, been trying to make the most of the 1-per-day geodes given that is my BB alt who is a bit bereft of crystals.

Is it OK to carry on opening one a day or this may be construed as exploiting and I should keep them unopened until patched?

Gonna be a squeeze given that this stuff expires now if I have to wait for a patch/hotfix.

Edited by ApoAlaia on March 11, 2024 2:05PM
    Options
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be more rewarding of the worthy if the new containers had this functionality too.
    (Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
    Options
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did discover an issue this morning where the old RotW contained two set pieces, but the new ones should only have one. Are you seeing otherwise @tomfant?

I have a lot of old container.
    Should I not open them in fear to be accuse of exploiting?
    Since the trasmute accident , we live in constant fear.
    Edited by RetPing on March 11, 2024 3:00PM
    Options
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I'll ping you as well on this. I'm pretty sure patch day is a busy time for you guys, but after the transmute issue it would be nice to have some clarity here.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks, @loosej

We are investigating this currently. So definitely hang tight. If there is additional information players would like to provide, then please leave feedback in this thread.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Kevin, much appreciated!
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't feel particularly secure after blindly emptied one of my chars inventories with rftw, would hold on with other chars for the time being though.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't feel particularly secure after blindly emptied one of my chars inventories with rftw, would hold on with other chars for the time being though.

Same, I will refrain from opening until we get clarification.

Doesn't feel good to have to walk on eggshells tbh.
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like there's an update on this in the official Known Issues thread for this patch, and that we're in the clear to accept the extra rewards
    6fy8sl7fw3c0.png
    Options
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'll be opening my mayhem stash a bit sooner than expected. :)
    Options
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like there's an update on this in the official Known Issues thread for this patch, and that we're in the clear to accept the extra rewards
    6fy8sl7fw3c0.png

Oh thank goodness, I'm drowning in these things and slowly working through opening them every day until I get sick of inventory management.
    Options