The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Freezing and Stuttering in Cyrodiil the last two days on PS NA Gray Host campaign

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Prior to the last couple of days in CyrodiilI I would have said the performance was pretty good. I had an 8 year old cable modem that was just replaced by a brand new Netgear CM2000 modem. We are getting 400-500 mbps download now but battles in Cyrodiil have been like a PowerPoint slideshow for the last two days, and I keep getting dc’d and sometimes cannot get back in and have to re-queue. Also it takes anywhere from 10-20 times trying to log back in to actually get in.

Before this thread gets shuffled off to another sub-forum to die, I hope someone else here on the forums has some insight on what I can do. No one else in zone chat is complaining so it seems to be just me. I have cycled the power on the modem and the console, and the wi-if router, even though I have the console hard-wired. I don’t know of anything else I can do. Combat is nearly impossible now, yet just 3 days ago everything was fine. I was looking forward to the PvP event but I can’t endure 5 minutes of play followed by 1 hour of queue, rinse and repeat.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 19, 2024 4:09AM
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it is troubleshooting on the PlayStation platform.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @katanagirl1

If you've already exhausted the connection troubleshooting for Playstation, you can go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill yes I have done all I can from my end, including having a cable company tech guy come out and check everything inside and outside the house. I was hoping to be able to close this thread but the freezing and stuttering continues. I will create a ticket because PvP is currently impossible for me right now.

This issue correlates with the addition of the new modem so I am wondering if there is some setting in game or on PS that needs to be changed, but I am unaware of any.

Thanks for the follow up.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @katanagirl1

Once you've created a ticket you can share it here if you would like any updates on the current status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @katanagirl1 Is there any way you could try a different modem? Cable modems I have used here do not have any settings that impact online games. I find the settings that make a difference are either on the router or on the console (PS5).

My ISP gives me a cable modem to use for no charge, I bought my own wifi router, and the combination works well at my location.

If you can get another cable modem and it works, I would suggest looking for the receipt and packaging for the Netgear and see if the retailer would allow a return. I realize Netgear is a reputable supplier, but you may have gotten the one in a thousand that was built wrong.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »
    @katanagirl1 Is there any way you could try a different modem? Cable modems I have used here do not have any settings that impact online games. I find the settings that make a difference are either on the router or on the console (PS5).

My ISP gives me a cable modem to use for no charge, I bought my own wifi router, and the combination works well at my location.

If you can get another cable modem and it works, I would suggest looking for the receipt and packaging for the Netgear and see if the retailer would allow a return. I realize Netgear is a reputable supplier, but you may have gotten the one in a thousand that was built wrong.

Yeah we still have the old one, and I convinced the hubby to switch back today if I was still having problems. Today everything was fine in Cyrodiil, no freezing and stuttering, but a speed test said we were only getting 30 Mbps instead of 500. He still doesn’t believe there is anything wrong with the modem and is either blaming the cable company or the game, since it does have issues sometimes.

I guess we will just have to see how it goes.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options