The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Should Jewellery be fully brought in line with other crafts?

ApoAlaia
ApoAlaia
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Good morning beautiful people,

With the changes introduced to platings in U40 we saw Jewellery being brought closer to the other durable crafting skill lines.

In my opinion, despite representing a significant short/mid term... 'devaluing of my existing assets' if you will (as jewellery that I had purchased from The Golden/during Mayhem with the intention of selling further down the line for instance saw its 'market value' greatly diminished) it was a welcome (and long overdue) change.

However, as happened with hybridization, seems to me like is an unfinished change, and it has not been truly brought in line.

We still have 'dusts' on the trait items and jewellery daily writs continue to yield significantly fewer surveys than their other durable counterparts. (my bad, as pointed out below that is not the case.)

I am unsure why this wasn't changed at the time but makes jewellery continue to be an outlier when from the dev comments on streams etc I gathered that they wanted to bring it in line with other crafts.

Personally I think it should be finalised and fully brought in line, what do you think?
Edited by ApoAlaia on December 27, 2023 6:48AM

Should Jewellery be fully brought in line with other crafts? 30 votes

Yes
83% 25 votes
No
10% 3 votes
Other
6% 2 votes
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    jewellery daily writs continue to yield significantly fewer surveys than their other durable counterparts.

Source?

Writs done: 111.852

Blacksmithing surveys 1 in 7,86
    Clothing surveys 1 in 7,87
    Enchanting surveys 1 in 8,78
    Alchemy surveys 1 in 7,78
    Woodworking surveys 1in 8,07
    Jewelry crafting surveys 1 in 7,89
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, jewelery crafting styles?
    Options
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A jewelry hireling would be much appreciated.
    Edited by joergino on December 25, 2023 9:20AM
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    jewellery daily writs continue to yield significantly fewer surveys than their other durable counterparts.

Source?

You are right... I check Lazy and the variation is minimal so I stand corrected.

But that begs the question, having a similar amount of surveys how do I end up such wild variation of raw materials?

Currently I have:

Account 1:

23.3k Rubedite ore
    12.8k Silk + 9.5k Rubedo Hide = 22.3k
    21.7k Ruby Ash
    18.3k Platinum dust

Account 2:

21.5k Rubedite ore
    12.5k Silk + 11k Rubedo Hide = 23.5k
    23.7k Ruby Ask
    16k Platinum dust

This is not a one-off, this is how is like every time I refine. Platinum dust is always significantly lower.

There are no 'external sources' affecting this, I don't purchase raw materials anymore.

I mean I should have checked before making the statement, I do apologise for providing misleading information regarding the surveys, but if is not the amount of surveys what is causing this deviation? or is it not statistically significant?

It was just a short click away to check, but because of the consistently lower numbers on dust I assumed (which is the shortest way to make a clown of oneself) that it was because of lower number of surveys.

More to the point, is this a 'me' problem and everyone else gets similar amounts of raw materials on all crafts?
    Edited by ApoAlaia on December 24, 2023 1:56PM
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    So, jewelery crafting styles?

Sure, as long as they are distinct, can be dyed and are clearly visible like the rest of the styled pieces I am all up for it.

The more customization the better.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Source?

You are right... I check Lazy and the variation is minimal so I stand corrected.

But that begs the question, having a similar amount of surveys how do I end up such wild variation of raw materials?

Currently I have:

Account 1:

23.3k Rubedite ore
    21.7k Ruby Ash
    18.3k Platinum dust

Account 2:

21.5k Rubedite ore
    23.7k Ruby Ask
    16k Platinum dust

This is not a one-off, this is how is like every time I refine. Platinum dust is always significantly lower.

There are no 'external sources' affecting this, I don't purchase raw materials anymore.

I mean I should have checked before making the statement, I do apologise for providing misleading information regarding the surveys, but if is not the amount of surveys what is causing this deviation? or is it not statistically significant?

It was just a short click away to check, but because of the consistently lower numbers on dust I assumed (which is the shortest way to make a clown of oneself) that it was because of lower number of surveys.

More to the point, is this a 'me' problem and everyone else gets similar amounts of raw materials on all crafts?

No hirelings
    Less common as decon fodder (unless one runs world events all the time)
    Smaller compensation from writs themselves:
    fei4ecbp0pqs.png
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Source?

Currently I have:

Account 1:

23.3k Rubedite ore
    21.7k Ruby Ash
    18.3k Platinum dust

Account 2:

21.5k Rubedite ore
    23.7k Ruby Ask
    16k Platinum dust

No hirelings
    fei4ecbp0pqs.png

Decon doesn't yield raw materials though? It yields refined materials.

So even though the writs do not yield fewer surveys (again my apologies, I feel very embrassed right now) it is still significantly less rewarding in terms of raw materials than the other three?
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only craft I get less surveys and not as many mats on is clothing. I have one account where I haven't had a clothing survey in over 6 months. My other accounts I get clothing surveys less than half as often as everything else. So that means far less mats than everything else too.

Lots of times I just don't do clothing daily writs because of needing to do a survey I don't have, or needing the cloth for gear. Leather's not as bad, because when I do have surveys, what I get double of is nearly always leather not cloth....

Frustrating. And yes, I'm aware it's anecdotal - no, I don't have spreadsheets/numbers.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    The only craft I get less surveys and not as many mats on is clothing. I have one account where I haven't had a clothing survey in over 6 months. My other accounts I get clothing surveys less than half as often as everything else. So that means far less mats than everything else too.

Lots of times I just don't do clothing daily writs because of needing to do a survey I don't have, or needing the cloth for gear. Leather's not as bad, because when I do have surveys, what I get double of is nearly always leather not cloth....

Frustrating. And yes, I'm aware it's anecdotal - no, I don't have spreadsheets/numbers.

If you use 'Lazy' it does the 'accounting' for you \o/

Just type /lazywritstats on chat :smile:

'tis the advice I should have given myself instead of donning clown makeup.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on December 24, 2023 2:28PM
    Options
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    It definitely seems like I'm always running out of platinum for daily writs, moreso than other materials that I have tens of thousands of. And I also vote in favor of adding a jewelry hireling!
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Source?

Currently I have:

Account 1:

23.3k Rubedite ore
    21.7k Ruby Ash
    18.3k Platinum dust

Account 2:

21.5k Rubedite ore
    23.7k Ruby Ask
    16k Platinum dust

No hirelings
    fei4ecbp0pqs.png

Decon doesn't yield raw materials though? It yields refined materials.

So even though the writs do not yield fewer surveys (again my apologies, I feel very embrassed right now) it is still significantly less rewarding in terms of raw materials than the other three?

Ah, I missed that it's only about raw, sorry.
    Hirelings still apply for raw and that will be main difference then.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traits are still grains, but then there are style materials that are grains for the other crafts. There are already so many materials, this adds unnecessarily to the hassle for those without ESO+ I feel.
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only that but we still get less mats returned to us, compared to other crafts, when we turn in jewelry crafting writs.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Complained about trait stone dust during PTS, I haven’t changed my mind there.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's crafting related.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have gotten plenty of surveys, like I always did. Though it is based on luck and I've had dryspills before as well. No changes seem needed here. But I would love a jewelry hireling.

The thing about jewerly crafting ZOS didn't bring in line with the other crafts and the thing I'm more worried about is the jewelry master writs requiring rare trait materials with basically no vouchers to show for it. Which make all jewerly master writs without the base three traits feel like junk and not worth the effort. Which is felt by me every time I get another jewelry master writ.

ZOS should really revert the jewelry master writ changes, so that jewelry master writs are rare again but give high amounts of vouchers. Or ZOS has to let jewelry master writs only drop with the base three traits. Not bringing the trait materials in line with other crafts is a major oversight(Also posted about this in the crafting forum).
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We still have 'dusts' on the trait items and jewellery daily writs continue to yield significantly fewer surveys than their other durable counterparts.

Edit: Noticed it was corrected later (would like to see it struck out in the OP though for clarity).

Main reason you have less jewelry materials is
    1. less return from writ rewards (although this is offset by less use as well 25 or 30 per daily writ instead of 39-45)
    2. less "real world" materials, since they share nodes with blacksmithing (which is why your rubedite is slight lower as well, as WW/Cloth don't have that problem)
    3. no hireling
    Edited by tmbrinks on December 25, 2023 12:18PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jewelry crafting hirelings would be good.

i don't know how jewelry outfit styles would work with chests and gloves that cover necks and hands, but would be awesome to get as well
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

We still have 'dusts' on the trait items and jewellery daily writs continue to yield significantly fewer surveys than their other durable counterparts.

Edit: Noticed it was corrected later (would like to see it struck out in the OP though for clarity).

Main reason you have less jewelry materials is
    1. less return from writ rewards (although this is offset by less use as well 25 or 30 per daily writ instead of 39-45)
    2. less "real world" materials, since they share nodes with blacksmithing (which is why your rubedite is slight lower as well, as WW/Cloth don't have that problem)
    3. no hireling

Done; I wanted to strike it through too but I didn't know how... turns out that in the OP the 'cog' appears next to the thread title. TIL.

Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traits are still grains, but then there are style materials that are grains for the other crafts. There are already so many materials, this adds unnecessarily to the hassle for those without ESO+ I feel.

I can live with the trait mats dropping in grains - just! but what really bugs me is only getting grains from deconning.

If I make a mistake and craft the wrong thing, with every other craft you have a good chance of getting the entire style mat back, even rare traits like nirnhoned. With JC you only have a chance for a grain so still miles apart.

I would like to see grains completely go tbh, and if not hirelings (don't look forward to needing to get another 4(?) skillpoints on all my characters :D) at least the amounts in the mats box from writs increased to make up the difference, instead of still being half the amount of the others.

Feel like it was a lazy fix sorting out platings while ignoring everything else.
    PS4 EU
    Options