The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Armory Station - How do we enter a build?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have never used the Armory Station because I only play one role per character. But now with the Endless Archive requiring more specific builds I am working on a build for that on one of my characters. But I also want to keep the current build available in case I want to go back to it, so thought I'd give the Armory Station a try.

My problem is that when I open the station it's blank and it's not clear what I need to do to enter and save my current build. I don't want to click the wrong thing and lose my current set up.

I've read and watched several tutorials but they all start by showing a build already entered.

Can anyone please explain what I need to do?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 27, 2023 6:28PM
PCNA
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know the buttons on pc, but you set up your character the way you want to save it, go into the armory, select the build slot you want to save to then select save build. Then change your character the way you want it, select the other build slot (slot 2) then save build. You will get the option to equip those builds when you select those build slots (triangle and square are the buttons on playstation, i assume there are two keybinds visible on screen on pc too)
    Edited by fizl101 on November 27, 2023 5:55PM
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I don't know the buttons on pc, but you set up your character the way you want to save it, go into the armory, select the build slot you want to save to then select save build.

I'm afraid to say save build when there isn't a build showing. All the slots are empty.
    PCNA
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the slots will be empty until you save, then it will show up whatever is set up on your character when you click save on that slot. It isn't a builder as such, it just saves however your character is set up
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no reason for any apprehension, you can save over a build. The buttons are labeled at the bottom, E to Equip, R to Save, F for settings. The only apprehension/time to be careful is when equipping/saving once you have a build set up with something like a curse set in.

For steps:
    Step 1: Empty Build

vb23epneax21.png

Step 2: Hit R and confirm pops up

38qqwuocot1q.png

Step 3: Confirm and Build is put in

5iex9ycvgghl.png

Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info and the screenshots @fizl101 and @EdjeSwift ! That did help a lot.

This would be much clearer if there was an option to "enter current build" followed by "save build" once it was verified.

I'm still a bit hesitant but will give this a try today.
    PCNA
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more question.

Is it possible to completely clear a build if you decide you don't need it any more? Or can it just be written over?
    Edited by SilverBride on November 27, 2023 8:39PM
    PCNA
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You just overwrite. You cant completely blank a build slot
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!
    PCNA
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also make a dummy build and use it as a free respec.

For this clear all your unneeded Ability Points, Champion Points and Attribute Points. Take off your gear , gi to the Armory Station and save current build.

Or you use one base setup to branch out from.
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options