The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Lousy Download/Upgrade Speed on Black Friday

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Not sure if I will start playing again or not, but I "splurged" on the latest upgrade for the Black Friday price.

Though it is taking forever to update my install (quite old now) and keeps getting errors. Is that the norm?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 27, 2023 2:21AM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not for me.

The norm is that it downloads fairly fast (gigabit fiber internet) with no errors, then I play.

However, my game client install has been kept up to date.

You might try looking up the errors in the support database and see if there is anything there to do.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine's even pretty fast over satellite - but as with Elsonso, my install is always up to date barring what I'm downloading.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is only 1/5th of the way installed a day later. Something is messed up, but I am not going to dig too deeply. Not a good thing if they wanted to bring users back to the game.

Looks like it had just stopped. Restarting says "Reliable source serving corrupt data". I see ZOS is still on top of fixing bugs!
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on November 27, 2023 2:13AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's a PC technical issue.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    @FlopsyPrince

If you have not already, please go through the steps in this article to see if they help. It may also be an issue with admin status, so please make sure you are an admin on your computer. I would recommend running the launcher as an admin if the other steps did not resolve the issue.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restarting says "Reliable source serving corrupt data". I see ZOS is still on top of fixing bugs!

I don't think I have ever heard of that error. Found this (for Mac): https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/8731
    Edited by Elsonso on November 27, 2023 12:55PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Restarting says "Reliable source serving corrupt data". I see ZOS is still on top of fixing bugs!

I don't think I have ever heard of that error. Found this (for Mac): https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/8731

The only references I found were from around 2014!
    @FlopsyPrince

If you have not already, please go through the steps in this article to see if they help. It may also be an issue with admin status, so please make sure you are an admin on your computer. I would recommend running the launcher as an admin if the other steps did not resolve the issue.

I am the admin/only user. I ran the Bethesda.net_Launcher as Admin and it still failed at 25%.

I will look into the article later when I have time. Annoying and not a good way to get me playing again, if that is possible.

EDIT: Renaming the ProgramData folder didn't do anything. I don't see why I would have to open ports if the game had worked fine on the same computer in the past, nor how that would impact a "write data" error.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on November 28, 2023 7:04PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FlopsyPrince

Please let us know if the article helps or if you need further help!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do not see how allowing ports will help given the game worked fine when I last played on the same machine toward the start of the year.

I definitely need more help.

A write error would also have nothing to do with ports being opened.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • ZOS_Kraken
    @FlopsyPrince If you need further assistance, please reach out to Support so they can help you with the issue.
    Options
    Staff Post