The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Would you give up Hireling Mail

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If they changed Hireling Mail passives from delivering you mats in the mail to increasing gains from other sources such as picking non-survey harvesting nodes, refining materials, deconstructing items, looting containers, and daily quest writ boxes. Unlike the Champion Point Star "Plentiful Harvest" it's not a chance to gain more mats but an overall increase by say 5%/10%/20%. It might also reduce the load on the server not having to send up to 5 mail per character every day, if so they could add the same passives to Alchemy and Jewelrycrafting to do the same.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 16, 2023 3:01AM
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and I want a jewelry hireling.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to keep the Hireling mails.

The last thing I want is to turn a passive feature into having to farm to reap the benefits.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 15, 2023 11:52PM
    PCNA
    Options
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd lean towards leaving it alone until we hit the point of overhauling the crafting system overall.

You'd be annoying both the people that enjoy getting the daily stories and the people that hate gathering and like getting free stuff in the mail to maybe slightly reduce server load.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the people getting said mail leans more towards ESO+ users which could make annoying them be a bit more messy.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no, i want hireling mails.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't be bothered with hirelings at all. I have so many mats in my craft bag I'll never run out of anything.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »

Amen
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want new letters from the hirelings. Isn't it time we got some new hireling adventures?
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's crafting related.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way. Nuh-uh.

Losing the passive benefit of the Hireling mail to needing to do even more active daily work than I already do (a LOT) would be a no-go for me.
    Don't mess with it, other than to add Hirelings for Alchemy and Jewelry.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on October 16, 2023 11:03AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I wouldn't be happy with those changes:

1) You suggest to change passive income into a buff which only applies when active farming iss done. That's a downgrade imo.
      2) Every now and then I read some those letters. They add quite some flavor to the game.

I suggest instead:

1) Add alchemy and jewelry hirelings.
      2) Add new stories to all hirelings. As it's basically a written story, it's rather cheap to do so.
      Never get between a cat and it's candy!
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
      Options
    • Tenthirty2
      Tenthirty2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      jtm1018 wrote: »

Amen

Double amen!
      • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
      • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
      • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
      Options
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      would also echo that i would not give up hirelings and want 2 things

-add alchemy and jewelry hirelings
      -slightly increase the amount of mats they gave
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014
      Options
    • lillybit
      lillybit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      In the case of provisioning, there's also unique mats from the hireling that aren't found anywhere else, so there would have to be a rethink there.

Personally I'd be more in favour of the research passives giving an extra bonus after it's finished so they can be kept - it bugs me that they're the only passive I don't have :D
      PS4 EU
      Options
    • TX12001rwb17_ESO
      TX12001rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Hireling Mail?
      Options
    • KnightofGears
      KnightofGears
      ✭✭
      I would definately keep the hirelings. Some of the stories are quite entertaining, and it is nice to have some new mats coming in even when I don't have the time to farm.
      Options
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hireling Mail?

Mail the player receives once a day that contains crafting mats if the player has put skill points into the Hireling passive. There are currently 5 crafts that have Hirelings.
      PCNA
      Options
    • Oliviander
      Oliviander
      ✭✭✭✭
      I would give up Hirelings only if
      they would put the surveys in the crafting bag.
      I,ve got tons of them hovering on alts.
      If they would be visible to all chars
      I would do them once and now when I am nearby
      by accident.
      But I very rarely do them if i first got to retrieve them and then do travel.
      Options
    • Tieberion
      Tieberion
      ✭✭✭
      Nope, and I want a Jewelry and Alchemy hirling while their at it please.
      Options
    • CGPsaint
      CGPsaint
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I've played almost since the beginning and have never put skill points into hirelings. My mail is always full, so I don't see any reason to exacerbate the situation.
      "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
      Options
    • TheImperfect
      TheImperfect
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like it as it is and would love more of the stories.
      Options
    • StackonClown
      StackonClown
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      +1 from me!!
      I recently unsubbed from ESO+ so hireling emails are a nightmare since all the mats clog up my inbox :smiley:
      Options
    • Daoin
      Daoin
      ✭✭✭
      on most days once all gear is upgraded hirelings give more mats than i can be bothered to pick up and with looking foward to all the free dreugh wax from them i would not give them up, add this to surveys, and now harvesting for upgrades or anything extra becomes a can-live-without-it thing !
      Options
    • Elyu
      Elyu
      ✭✭✭
      As many people in this thread have already stated;

No thank you!
      Also gimme alchemy and jewellery hirelings.
      And send all mails multiplied by number of characters that have those passives to whichever character I log into first that day.

The whole POINT of passive gains are such that it frees up time to actually play the game, instead of 'preparing' to play the game (which is what the crafting system IS)
      Options
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      +1 from me!!
      I recently unsubbed from ESO+ so hireling emails are a nightmare since all the mats clog up my inbox :smiley:

You can remove the Hirelings by taking skill points back out of those passives.
      PCNA
      Options