The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Motif 120: Scribes of Mora - Are pages dropping yet?

perogwin_ESO
perogwin_ESO
✭✭✭
They stated the pages would start dropping from Valinna after Update 38 (which came out with Necron), has anyone actually had a page drop (or even seen one on a guild trader) yet?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 11, 2023 4:26PM
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it will be announced in Crown Store Showcase articles. Same thing goes for the Blessed Inheritor motif from Bal Sunnar.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates (No updates for May 6 and May 14 due to IRL events).

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To my knowledge, only the Crafting Motif 122 are dropping. Usually, it takes 3 minths for the next to release, then another 3 months for the third.
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those aren't gonna start dropping for a while yet.

The Q1 Dungeon motifs tend to start dropping around August/September timeframe when the Q3 patch comes out. We won't likely see them until then.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When they say “after” for new drops or other items, they typically mean “some nebulous TBA time after,” not simultaneous with.

The pages are now listed in the motif part of the library, and you should be able to decon pieces for their trait mat, though.
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're unable to see the new motif in store it's not dropping, that's the rule of thumb.
    Options
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    We don't even have Firesong motif yet. this will take a couple months yet.
    Options
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »

Actually Firesong was accidentally released early when Necrom came out.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    When they say “after” for new drops or other items, they typically mean “some nebulous TBA time after,” not simultaneous with.

The pages are now listed in the motif part of the library, and you should be able to decon pieces for their trait mat, though.

Unless they changed something lately, my experience is that the trait mats don’t drop from the decon of the new gear until the motif is dropping. I’ve always felt robbed for the hundreds of pieces of gear that I decon prior to that time and only get the normal mats.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Unless they changed something lately, my experience is that the trait mats don’t drop from the decon of the new gear until the motif is dropping. I’ve always felt robbed for the hundreds of pieces of gear that I decon prior to that time and only get the normal mats.

Pretty sure mats were always dropping the first day of a patch the motif was supposed to be released.
    Options
  • Kurenai_1992
    Kurenai_1992
    ✭✭
    Galiferno wrote: »
    laniakea_0 wrote: »

Actually Firesong was accidentally released early when Necrom came out.

If they are on console then they are still waiting for firesong motif.
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The style mats always drop starting on the patch, not the release of the motif.

I tend to hoard gear in the new styles in my bank until the next patch and then decon it all right when the next update hits to get a chance at those. It's worked like that for ages.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm the style materials "Glass Eye of Mora" (Scribes of Mora) and "Necrom Incense" (Blessed Inheritor) are now dropping from deconstructing gear.

But I sure do wish they'd make the motifs and style materials drop when the content first released instead of waiting like 3-6 months for it... I've already done both of these dungeons over 50 times now. And I probably won't feel like farming them again.
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    But I sure do wish they'd make the motifs and style materials drop when the content first released instead of waiting like 3-6 months for it... I've already done both of these dungeons over 50 times now. And I probably won't feel like farming them again.

And that's precisely the reason they do it.

They know that people run the dungeons/content a lot right when it releases and it's shiny and new. They know we want to farm stickerbook then. They know we end up getting our achievements and then go off to do something else.

And then once people are done farming, the content is left to die. Unless they gave us a reason to go back to it 6 months later...
    Options