The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Rezoning causes food/drink buff loss

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Whether it's from Telvanni Peninsula to Apocrypha, or simply from a zone into one of its dungeons/delves, food/drink buffs are getting removed each time.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 5, 2023 4:36PM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. I reported this twice on PTS.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this bug tied to any specific zone?

Was eager to try out this marvellous patch day feature, so I could rant a bit about how stressful and exhausting travelling became, but was unable to recreate it. Didn't test the new zone tho.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the same vein, I lose my mundus stone buff every time I zone.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logging out and logging back in also drops your food buff.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info, everyone. Just confirming we've seen these reports and are investigating.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that as well when I logged in earlier but my stats remained as if the food buff is still on.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't this reported multiple times in PTS?

Smh ...
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, everyone. Just confirming we've seen these reports and are investigating.

Just for clarification - you don't actually LOSE the buff. They remain active. You only lose the icon telling you it's active.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did not notice any actual loss of food buff this morning, after necrom went live. I queued into IC, and did the usual up and down the ladders for the dailies, before heading into IC, so a lot of zone changes, but none by way shrine.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    This affects LibFoodDrinkBuff and all addons depending on it.
    Drink/food buff time left is equal to zero and all addons auto consuming food/drink will thus consume the set food/drink every time they check if the buff is still active.
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
    Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I had previously been infected by a werewolf but didn't go through with becoming a werewolf, now it no longer shows in my active effects that I was scratched by a werewolf. I'm not sure if that's the way it's supposed to work now or not since the reset time for infecting other players was changed, but before there was no time limit on how long you had between getting scratched by a werewolf in the wilds and going through with the quest to become a werewolf (although it's my understanding that there was such a limit on vampirism).
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update on Sanies Lupinus (werewolf scratch) in Active Effects:

I went to Bangkorai and the blue quest marker is still showing over Thoreki's head, so the infection is still there even though it isn't being listed under Active Effects.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was in Apocrypha, any zoning in that zone (Wayshrine, Entering A Delve) caused me to lose my food and drink buff. Not a simple UI error, the effects were gone, my bars shrunk, and it was no longer active in Bandits as well. As far as I can tell this only happened in Apocrypha.

I could refresh my food and get a boost to Sharp as if I had just eaten. I did not refresh my food again after noticing the additional Rapport gain with Sharp so as not to exploit it.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on June 5, 2023 5:54PM
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    Another instance of this problem: when wearing the Twice-born Star set, porting to another zone causes the second mundus stone to disappear from Active Effects
  • dhoward5b14_ESO
    dhoward5b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wish they would tell you where they move a topic!

I ported into random dungeon, lost food and XP buffs right away. Re-used both buff food and XP scroll, they disappeared again in like 10s. Once outside dungeon, I re-applied both, and they disappaeared when I ported to High Isle.
  • Arawin
    Arawin
    ✭✭
    Same thing happening to my arcanist. Every time I use a wayshrine, travel to a new zone, enter a delve or dungeon...same exact thing. Lose my XP scroll and food buff
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you use another scroll, or consume another food or drink, be aware that the buff may still be active despite the fact that it isn't listed under Active Effects. Read the posts which say that the "missing" buffs and other things (such as Sanies Lupinus) appear to still be in effect. You might just be wasting your consumables if you keep using more of them.
  • Warndihr
    Warndihr
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, the effect remains when you change zones, but the icon disappears and the status bar shrinks, so you are deceived by it. I consumed like 10 Suggar Skulls before I realized that. :(
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I did when I lost food and mundus buffs:

Went to guild house
    Changed Mundus to something else
    Changed Mundus back to original
    Ported to own house
    Food and mundus buffs back to normal

Hope others may find this helpful for the next 3 or 4 weeks until it is fixed.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Console player here, just curious - if you use the self buff icons that appear at the bottom of the screen does it still show the food buff there, or is it gone as well?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem's not occurring for me: I see my latest food and experience buffs in the character page when I login, and they're still displayed after I change zones.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Before you use another scroll, or consume another food or drink, be aware that the buff may still be active despite the fact that it isn't listed under Active Effects. Read the posts which say that the "missing" buffs and other things (such as Sanies Lupinus) appear to still be in effect. You might just be wasting your consumables if you keep using more of them.

XP scrolls cannot be used if you already have one active, so if it takes when you activate it, then according to the game you don’t already have one running.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icyfire369 wrote: »

Just for clarification - you don't actually LOSE the buff. They remain active. You only lose the icon telling you it's active.

I not only lose the buff, but it's no longer in my active effects on the character screen. My stats show loss of buff as well.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Selena_Ainu
    Selena_Ainu
    Soul Shriven
    Buffood gone after going into a Delve in Wrothgar. Did go after Skyshards there a few hours ago, it was fine then. Got tired and rested and just got back in. Lucky I only had the Buffod running. Also Using another food then porting to a house, dropped the Buff again. Or at least it is not showing anymore.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

XP scrolls cannot be used if you already have one active, so if it takes when you activate it, then according to the game you don’t already have one running.

It's too bad food and drink doesn't work that way, too. I can't tell you the number of times I've eaten some Lava Foot Soup And Saltrice twice in a row because I forgot to change my quickslots key back to Almalexia's Magic Lantern after eating. Not that Lava Foot costs much to make, but some of the foods and drinks that players favor contain some expensive ingredients, so consuming unnecessary portions can be a real ouchie.
  • TrelNord
    TrelNord
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't noticed before that my Mundus had disappeared as well. This is on established characters and on an account that has not purchased Necrom so it's not related to a a new character. Hopefully useful info for the investigation.
  • Malkosha
    Malkosha
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering ... is there an addon we can use to track these buffs since the standard UI doesn't do it any longer? I need to know when my EXP and Food buffs need to be refreshed. While I can watch the bars and test exp scrolls, it's not fun when it comes off, esp the food buffs, while in the middle of a fight.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkosha wrote: »
    I was wondering ... is there an addon we can use to track these buffs since the standard UI doesn't do it any longer? I need to know when my EXP and Food buffs need to be refreshed. While I can watch the bars and test exp scrolls, it's not fun when it comes off, esp the food buffs, while in the middle of a fight.

I use Srendarr buff tracker, but it shows the same missing buffs as the character active effects menu, only with onscreen timer bars. The problem is, you won't be able to watch the buffs disappear by any means, as it takes place during loading screens.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icyfire369 wrote: »

I'm not 100% sure about that... It's hard to tell with the xp buff, but I do lose the food buff effect entirely when I hit a loading screen.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein