The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Thanks for destroying Stamblades for absolute no reason.

Eliran
Eliran
✭✭✭✭✭
100% Logical move to nerf to the ground something that is already nerfed while buffing what is already overpowered.

Thanks a lot, I highly appreciate it.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, talking about CW nerf which is flat 10% damage nerf to stamblade (spamming it is huge DPS loss and sustain it will limit our dynamics on other magicka abilities which we already limited by)

So I am pretty sure this nerf is purposely made to discriminates people from using Nightblades and Stamina Nightblades especially, I don't see how its coincidence.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 5, 2023 5:54PM
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not played my orc nightblade for years, just keep him around for storage and to hand out free ww bites. seems like that still will be the case.
    Edited by RedTalon on June 5, 2023 10:52AM
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Have not played my orc nightblade for years, just keep him around for storage and to hand out free ww bites. seems like that still will be the case.

Not only they didn't touch NB's or buffed us in any way, they keep landing nerfs on us, no one wants NB's in their trial group because we are just USELESS.

I honestly see no other reason but pure hate to the class, they want us all to reroll other classes.

Also the repeatedly ignorance of any question in the matter and refusal to address it, only make things worse.

Horrible way to communicate with players or showing how much they "Care".
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    there is no 100m stealth detection. Detect is now 43.5m for sneaking and still 20m for nb cloak
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol a nerf. You use twisting path yes?

Our main ultimate just got 2 seconds more uptime and Nightblades still are top tier DD, magicka especially.
    [snip]
    [edited for trolling]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 5, 2023 4:23PM
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »

Our main ultimate just got 2 seconds more uptime and Nightblades still are top tier DD, magicka especially. [snip]

Title of forum thread says stamblades.

STAM blades.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 5, 2023 4:23PM
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stealth detection is NOT 100m.

To quote post #2 on the 9.0.4 patch notes thread in the PTS section:

2wfzw507qd2w.png

Nefas has also done a video showing the testing for this.

Many others have also commented on the various NB threads showing that potions still have the current 20m detection radius against NB invis (i.e. there was NO CHANGE to NB invis) and only 43.5m (assuming no CP, passives or anything to reduce stealth detection radius is being used by the player in stealth, i.e. crouch) detection radius, not the 100m it used to be, which was more than likely just left in as an oversight they forgot to adjust from testing behind the scenes stealth detection changes.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people here are arguing that the pots aren't 100m only. The OP even said that they don't play PvP as it's not the point of the thread. The point is for stamblades spammable-wise.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detection potions even if the range is "only" 43 metres is a sick joke. I have no idea what is the reason behind this change, but it can not be game balance. I mean it is like asking for troubles and for it to be abused.

As for the NB, it is true that detection potions changes will mostly affect "sneaky" playstyles - NB & Vamp. What people don't realise is that for the most part the only class that will be able to stay hidden (but with a great effort & sustain loss) will be mag NB / mag NB Vamp. Other classes will be detected right away with no way to counter detection as crouch stealth is no longer an alternative to invisibility.

The only way to suppres detection potions is to spam invisibility (cloak). And with the detection potion range being 43 meters and no indicator who is the "source" of the detection one would need like 4.5K mag recovery to sustain something like this. And building for something like this is insanely hard and requires a lot of sacrifices in other departments. I don't think it will be enough even if one would use tri-stat potions & potion cooldown glyphs.

Meanwhile, you can have relatively high uptime on Detection Potion (3 infused jewellery potion cooldown glyphs). You may also pair it with new set and potential have 100% uptime on Detection Potions.

So the effort to stay hidden =/= effort to detect some one. Detection is way easier.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was some... argument about whether the interaction of Concealed Weapon and Path of Darkness (and its morphs) was intended or not.

The fact that it was basically providing a 'semi-passive' 10% dmg buff.

I guess that this is the way of devs saying 'no, it wasn't'

For clarity, because on second read what I wrote could be misconstrued, I am not 'throwing this back on OP's face'; the loss of a 10% damage increase 'unnamed buff' is significant and making up for it is a conundrum, I can see how this 'hurts' certain NB playstyles, just pointing out that this was pretty much a 'chronicle of a death foretold'.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on June 5, 2023 12:29PM
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    There was some... argument about whether the interaction of Concealed Weapon and Path of Darkness (and its morphs) was intended or not.

The fact that it was basically providing a 'semi-passive' 10% dmg buff.

I guess that this is the way of devs saying 'no, it wasn't'

For clarity, because on second read what I wrote could be misconstrued, I am not 'throwing this back on OP's face'; the loss of a 10% damage increase 'unnamed buff' is significant and making up for it is a conundrum, I can see how this 'hurts' certain NB playstyles, just pointing out that this was pretty much a 'chronicle of a death foretold'.

The fact is simple, without this buff, NB's are pretty much under performing the top DDs Classes by 25% = worthless.
    There is no excuse for that.
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to create this theme, but it already exist..
    Edited by birdik on June 5, 2023 12:51PM
  • Mekie
    Mekie
    Eliran wrote: »
    100% Logical move to nerf to the ground something that is already nerfed while buffing what is already overpowered.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, talking about CW nerf which is flat 10% damage nerf to stamblade (spamming it is huge DPS loss and sustain it will limit our dynamics on other magicka abilities which we already limited by)

So I am pretty sure this nerf is purposely made to discriminates people from using Nightblades and Stamina Nightblades especially, I don't see how its coincidence.

Go Arcanist or DK
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mekie wrote: »

Go Arcanist or DK

Lol no, I play this main since release, rerolling is not an option.

No MMO should force people to reroll or make specific class completely useless so everyone who use it waste their time, that's something unique to ESO.

If you are not FoTM = you cant even join trials.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand how it is a nerf? Major expedition from any source and use the skill once every 10 seconds. Maybe the 10 seconds should be increased to 20 like sorc has now? It seems like it'd be a lot easier to have uptimes with now since you don't have to make sure you're standing in path constantly.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I don't understand how it is a nerf? Major expedition from any source and use the skill once every 10 seconds. Maybe the 10 seconds should be increased to 20 like sorc has now? It seems like it'd be a lot easier to have uptimes with now since you don't have to make sure you're standing in path constantly.

-10% in range builds
    you forced to press concealed on trash fights
    you forced to have two spammables (and use* both) on stam nb
    you forced to press concealed on execute
    Edited by birdik on June 5, 2023 2:15PM
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet if you wait and watch the forum there will be some player(s) to figure out how to get back to where they were before the changes....gear, skills, rotations.

It always happens.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB's have been one of the most OP classes since their release. Especially in PvP. Their toolkit plus ability to cloak for, frankly, FAR too long to be fair, is the most diverse and strong toolkits in game.
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    NB's have been one of the most OP classes since their release. Especially in PvP. Their toolkit plus ability to cloak for, frankly, FAR too long to be fair, is the most diverse and strong toolkits in game.

cloak is ez counter
    no good* cc, dots, gapclosers,unblockables,undodgables
    you can just block and heal

Just make veiled stirke (and morphs) cost from higher resource and another source of 10% buff ( invisible/stealth and smtng else (before patch was good )
    Edited by birdik on June 10, 2023 7:22PM
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing stamblade since release, and even though I was able to figure out how to get back to the same single target damage on PTS as on live I’m still swapping. I’m just tired of being so far behind in AOE fighting like the boss fights in Rockgrove, and yes the change means there’s less AOE output. ZOS managed to make nightblades, both magic and stamina, even less effective than before

Meanwhile Arcanist is pure upfront AOE damage that’s 2x or 3x as effective with so little effort
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    They do this everytime a new class is being released. You should have been used to it by now.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Our main ultimate just got 2 seconds more uptime and Nightblades still are top tier DD, magicka especially.
    [snip]
    [edited for trolling]

Stamblade/magblades are not top dps.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    43m detect potions for sneak nerfs everyone, not just NB.

But yeah, I saw no NB nerfs only minor buffs.
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    43m detect potions for sneak nerfs everyone, not just NB.

But yeah, I saw no NB nerfs only minor buffs.

bad looking
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing stamblade since release, and even though I was able to figure out how to get back to the same single target damage on PTS as on live I’m still swapping. I’m just tired of being so far behind in AOE fighting like the boss fights in Rockgrove, and yes the change means there’s less AOE output. ZOS managed to make nightblades, both magic and stamina, even less effective than before

Meanwhile Arcanist is pure upfront AOE damage that’s 2x or 3x as effective with so little effort

To be fair NB are not supposed to be the AOE damage class. They are focused on single target damage with more emphasis on burst combos. They make up for their lack of AOE class skills by using other skills. NB can still put out huge damage even on a Stamblade which you argue is useless. I will throw you a bone here and suggest that the class does need a bit of a rework especially with its Assassination skill as well as buffs to its Shadow ultimate. But outside of these areas, the class is pretty strong in all content.
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »

[snip]
    [edited for trolling]

[snip]
    [edited for trolling]

nah for solo target its top imo, for aoe bosses i can be good with master gs but only on stam.. for mana need other setup..well not so much aoe bosses around..
    Edited by birdik on June 6, 2023 12:14AM
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    birdik wrote: »

[snip]
    [edited for trolling]

[snip]
    [edited for trolling]

nah for solo target its top imo, for aoe bosses i can be good with master gs but only on stam.. for mana need other setup..well not so much aoe bosses around..

If you play with noob team sure, HA sorcs? sure.

With top 1% people, you will be eaten alive, especially by templars.
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    birdik wrote: »

[snip]
    [edited for trolling]

[snip]
    [edited for trolling]

If you play with noob team sure, HA sorcs? sure.

With top 1% people, you will be eaten alive, especially by templars.

pfff, no fantasy
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No MMO should force people to reroll or make specific class completely useless so everyone who use it waste their time, that's something unique to ESO.

This is not unique to ESO. MMOs do this all the time. I'll never forgive ArenaNet for nerfing GW2 Warrior into the ground less than a year after release. I gave all my gold to a friend and quit, never to return.

Not suggesting you quit ESO but I understand how you feel.
    PC NA
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair NB are not supposed to be the AOE damage class. They are focused on single target damage with more emphasis on burst combos. They make up for their lack of AOE class skills by using other skills. NB can still put out huge damage even on a Stamblade which you argue is useless. I will throw you a bone here and suggest that the class does need a bit of a rework especially with its Assassination skill as well as buffs to its Shadow ultimate. But outside of these areas, the class is pretty strong in all content.

How are bursts of damage supposed to be of any use in a long pve fight?

When they make up for their lack of AOE skills by using other skills the single target damage drops, and then both their AOE and single target are worse than an AOE class that doesn’t have to make any changes for a fight

I never said stamblade is useless, I’ve done most hard content on it up till now, it’s just mediocre at most of it though. The way I play stamblade is becoming completely useless though since I played a bow build. Normally in AOE fighting I would cast ground AOEs, then use a spammable AOE like acid spray. It was simple and effective.

But acid spray spam is getting nerfed, the DOT won’t apply anymore when cast consecutively. Now I’m supposed to cast ground AOE DOTs, run up to a single enemy and hit them with concealed weapon (rather than an AOE spammable - same thing a magblade would have to do when trying to buff AOE damage), then cast acid spray once, then because I’m playing a nightblade slot another AOE spammable and that’s where I draw the line, it’s getting really dumb at that point. Both AOE and single target dps is deep in the hole at the point where I have to use yet another spammable besides lethal arrow, acid spray and concealed weapon. I could replace acid spray with something else, but it’s not the type of gameplay I like.
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on June 6, 2023 6:15PM