Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kill 2 Delve Bosses in zone X.

Snamyap
Snamyap
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, is there like anyone who goes to two different delves instead of staring at a spawn point waiting for a respawn with a bunch of strangers? This is really one of the dumber endeavours.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 3, 2023 1:23AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it would depend on what else is the endeavor for me. In theory, if there was a good opportunity to knock out two kill x endeavors at the same time by hitting different delves then I would. But, I rarely do this endeavor at all since I usually just do something else to avoid the waiting or crowd. And when I do, it's typically waiting for the respawn.

I did do it today though because at least one the delves in Auridon mentions that it has corpses in the sky shard description. So I got kill undead and kill the delve boss done at the same time.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I've a character who hasn't done 2 delves in the zone then I'll do 2 separate ones, otherwise I'll stay put in one delve.

It doesn't begin to compare to the dumbness of porting into a house and picking up then placing the same item 5 or 7 times. At least in a delve you get some experience and loot out of it, even if it is trivial to you.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    If I've a character who hasn't done 2 delves in the zone then I'll do 2 separate ones, otherwise I'll stay put in one delve.

It doesn't begin to compare to the dumbness of porting into a house and picking up then placing the same item 5 or 7 times. At least in a delve you get some experience and loot out of it, even if it is trivial to you.
    Problems with the delve quests is that its already +20 people there waiting for the boss so you has to stand there putting down dots at his body all the time as he last less than an second with the multiple trial groups at locations.
    This is very early in the morning PC-EU.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just never do these.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Problems with the delve quests is that its already +20 people there waiting for the boss so you has to stand there putting down dots at his body all the time as he last less than an second with the multiple trial groups at locations.

Wow, the instances are much more populated on your server than mine. The most players I ever see for this are maybe 3-4, and I’m on mornings my time but that is mid afternoon Eastern time.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taggund wrote: »
    I just never do these.

Exactly this.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I don't do this endeavour. In the rare occassions I decide to participate I go for two different delves tho. Standing still waiting just isn't for me :smile:
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Wow, the instances are much more populated on your server than mine. The most players I ever see for this are maybe 3-4, and I’m on mornings my time but that is mid afternoon Eastern time.

I guess it depends on both the server and the time. I play on both PC EU and NA and with both delve endeavours and events I don't usually encounter more than 3 or 4 other players and tend to get the first blow in so have never missed out on a boss.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    So, is there like anyone who goes to two different delves instead of staring at a spawn point waiting for a respawn with a bunch of strangers? This is really one of the dumber endeavours.

I always go to two different delves, because I look at these endeavors as an excuse to explore a delve that I haven't been to in a while. But there's always two or more other players already at the boss's location, waiting for it to spawn, and some of them hang around after the boss finally spawns and is insta-melted, so I take it that a lot of other players prefer to do the endeavor in a single delve, despite having to stand and wait when they could be exploring instead.

However, it would be nice if there were more variety in the zones chosen for these endeavors, because it seems like they cycle through just a few different zones, and Auridon comes up pretty frequently.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .It doesn't begin to compare to the dumbness of porting into a house and picking up then placing the same item 5 or 7 times. At least in a delve you get some experience and loot out of it, even if it is trivial to you.

I love that endeavor. Most of the time I just do that, and it's very easy. Other times I use it as an excuse to decorate, and a couple of times that resulted in me decorating for a couple of hours. 😂
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    .It doesn't begin to compare to the dumbness of porting into a house and picking up then placing the same item 5 or 7 times. At least in a delve you get some experience and loot out of it, even if it is trivial to you.

I love that endeavor. Most of the time I just do that, and it's very easy. Other times I use it as an excuse to decorate, and a couple of times that resulted in me decorating for a couple of hours. 😂

Now that is one endeavor I typically avoid, just because it doesn't provide much excuse to do anything interesting in the game, although I did complete it by accident one time, and another time I used it as an excuse to get rid of (place) some furnishings I'd been toting around in my mains' inventories.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally don't do those ones, but when I do it depends on what else I'm doing at the time. Often when I'm doing endeavours I'm also on forums and things and then I'll wait at 1 boss, other times I want to get through it as quickly as possible so I'll just go to another one and hope I get lucky and they haven't already been killed.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about Delves/Endeavours.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Same here. When I was saving up for the mount I recently got, I just needed to get the daily endeavours over and done with so I could do other activities, so the place x items in house endeavour was an easy one to do. I didn't care that it was supposedly against the "spirit" of endeavours, I just needed the seals.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do if I happen to have a character who has not yet explored the zone in question yet. Even with AWA, it's an excuse to unlock some skyshards and wayshrines.
    Edited by rpa on June 3, 2023 2:35PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too late now, because the endeavors reset many hours ago, but a good place to have done the "delve bosses" endeavor was in the Wansalen delve, as there are plenty of zombies there for getting the "rotting undead" endeavor at the same time.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the delve has a boss that consists of two or more enemies, each "part" of the fight counts towards the endeavor. At least, that's how it works for the "kill public dungeon bosses in [location]" endeavor.