Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

booted from server while leveling alchemy

LuC1ll3atTh3Wh33L
LuC1ll3atTh3Wh33L
✭✭✭
title says it all.
why? why? for the last year any toon i lvl up in alchemy has always been booted from the server at some point. why?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 1, 2023 5:02PM
You've had nature explained to you and you're bored with it, you've had the living body explained to you and you're bored with it, you've had the universe explained to you and you're bored with it, so now you want cheap thrills and, like, plenty of them....
-Johnny
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    No movement, so you are considered idle.

I know what you mean, especially if you want to unlock the different traits on each plant, making the combos is time consuming.

The solution is to back away from the station before you're considered idle. I don't know what that time is, I suspect 15 minutes.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't see ZOS ever doing anything to change this, either. If they removed the idle time while players were using crafting stations, everyone would use them to remain logged on while doing whatever IRL activity needed to be done.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gnesnig wrote: »

Aha! Thanks, that explains it.

This happened the last time I leveled alchemy. I didn't realize it was an idle timeout as it hadn't happened on previous characters, and the disconnect error said something different than the usual timeout one.
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭
    Gnesnig wrote: »

I know what you mean, especially if you want to unlock the different traits on each plant, making the combos is time consuming.

The solution is to back away from the station before you're considered idle. I don't know what that time is, I suspect 15 minutes.

This is incorrect, being engaged with a crafting station is considered an activity - source: I have afked for an hour while at a station couple times, on top of that inactivity kick states you were logged out for being inactive it is different error code and different error message.

"booted from the server" error is given when server kicks you out for "spamming inputs". The way system appears to work is that it periodically checks for how many inputs you have sent to the server within that period and if treshold is to high you get booted. And for whatever reason, casually leveling alchemy does trigger that treshold (despite involving much more actuall inputs per minute than casual gameplay). I mentiopn periodical check because I had couple of time situation when I have finished training alchemy, only to be booted a minute after leaving the station. Once I even had situation, where I did short session of learning the reagents effect, then queued for BG, then once I loaded in and a match was about to start I got booted for that "input spam" before.

And yeah it is silly that it is this way, I can understand that they may want to have checks to prevent people from DDOSing the servers with inputs, but the fact that alchemy sessions can trigger it is flat out silly, and should be adressed.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trejgon has the right of it. It happens all the time when I'm leveling alchemy on my new alts, and it usually triggers around the same spot on the list (Nirnroot) which is telling me that it's about button inputs. I follow the same system for learning traits, which is pretty standard. Pick the first ingredient, combine with everything that it works with, rinse repeat and work my way down the list.

If we get new ingredients, I suspect it will change the spot on the list that triggers it, but until then, I always know to either slow down when I hit Nirnroot or expect to be kicked.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • Trader- Tamriel Trade Secrets
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭
    If we get new ingredients, I suspect it will change the spot on the list that triggers it, but until then, I always know to either slow down when I hit Nirnroot or expect to be kicked.

I tried to go extremely slow, and on couple ocasions the boot was delayed couple minutes after finishing the session, but general method was the same, pick ingredient and mix it with things that shows "unknown potion". I've ended up abandoning that endavour, and am going to just look up what properties ingredients have and use optimized combinations to learn them all in minimal amount of brews. (and I still expect to get kicked after that session, so not going to queue for anything for 10 minutes afterwards)
    Edited by Trejgon on April 29, 2023 1:16PM
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's happened to me when I'm mixing all sorts of potions (usually to figure out the attributes of each ingredient). If you craft too quickly, meaning you craft a potion, then another one, then another one, without a certain amount of time in between, the server thinks you're a bot and kicks you.

Of course, it's very doable on the keyboard or a gamepad to craft potions quickly, so they need a better way of detecting bots in this case.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    That's happened to me when I'm mixing all sorts of potions (usually to figure out the attributes of each ingredient). If you craft too quickly, meaning you craft a potion, then another one, then another one, without a certain amount of time in between, the server thinks you're a bot and kicks you.

It also happens when you are hitting multiple people with lancers, especially if they are wearing thorn sets and you are taking damage that way.

I've lost several lancers that way (and thus no longer use them), as they have decomposed long before the game lets you back in.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have some troubleshooting below to help with disconnection issues in ESO.

Connection Troubleshooting - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post