Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necrom Deluxe Collection question

TweFoju
TweFoju
So on the Deluxe Collection page, it says that if we buy Necrom DC, we will get all the previous expansions + the collector's digital in game items.

Is that the same as these items on the DLC page on the Crown store? ( i circled it red )

ohwnaa2vko9r.png
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on May 30, 2023 2:20PM
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is where ESO's naming conventions and re-branding gets confusing. The Necrom Deluxe Collection only includes the DLCs which used to be Chapters, not the ones which were always DLC. So from the 3 in your screenshot only Blackwood would be included. You can see which ones are included on the store page.

Also the icons you've circled are just ways of calling out certain features in the DLC, they're not items and everyone who buys the DLC/chapter will get them.

The additional items which come with the Deluxe edition are the ones in the Collector's Packs in the crown store. (Except the Digital Imperial Edition pack, because that's not a chapter.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, now I'm confused too :smiley:

I preordered the necrom collectors edition. Does that mean I will get all digital chapter rewards from the previous chapters (I didn't own before) from morrowind up to high isle sent by mail when necrom arrives?
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get the Deluxe UPGRADE, you only get Necrom and its deluxe collectibles.

if you get the Deluxe Edition (the one that comes with all previous Chapters and is Deluxe), then you also get the deluxe goodies from previous Chapters.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you get the Deluxe UPGRADE, you only get Necrom and its deluxe collectibles.

if you get the Deluxe Edition (the one that comes with all previous Chapters and is Deluxe), then you also get the deluxe goodies from previous Chapters.

That answered it. Thanks for clarification :smile:
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • TweFoju
    TweFoju
    thank you! that clears up my question!
  • TweFoju
    TweFoju
    also i just found out that if you are sub to ESO+ all those DLCs became accessible too, so basically you get the Necrom when you are ESO+, it doesn't matter ( except you get the collector's item )
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TweFoju wrote: »
    also i just found out that if you are sub to ESO+ all those DLCs became accessible too, so basically you get the Necrom when you are ESO+, it doesn't matter ( except you get the collector's item )

Not exactly.

The current Chapter is not considered 'DLC' officially, so ESO+ will not give you access to Necrom. However, the Chapters have gone to DLC when the next year's Chapter releases, so it's very likely that ESO+ will expand to include High Isle on Monday.

Also the new class, last seen with Elsweyr, never got included in ESO+ and needed to be a separate purchase, so it's likely that even when Necrom comes to ESO+ next year that it will not include Arcanists without a separate purchase.
  • TweFoju
    TweFoju
    TweFoju wrote: »

Not exactly.

The current Chapter is not considered 'DLC' officially, so ESO+ will not give you access to Necrom. However, the Chapters have gone to DLC when the next year's Chapter releases, so it's very likely that ESO+ will expand to include High Isle on Monday.

Also the new class, last seen with Elsweyr, never got included in ESO+ and needed to be a separate purchase, so it's likely that even when Necrom comes to ESO+ next year that it will not include Arcanists without a separate purchase.

I've learn that the pattern they do is when a new chapter is released ( in this case, Necrom ) they tend to make the previous chapter into a DLC.

In this case, is the High Isle most likely going to be turned into DLC after the release of Necrom, based on your experience, would that be the case?

Because i am having a hard time deciding whether to buy just Deluxe Upgrade or go for Deluxe collection just to get High Isle ( that is still considered a chapter )

But if i know that High Isle is going to be a DLC anyway, i don't see any reason for me to go for Deluxe Collection as i am subbed to ESO+ for the next 10 months.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is quite safe to assume that high isle will be dlc after the release of necrom. If zos intended to change something here there would have been given already an official information already.

Btw: Necrom is releasing on monday, so if you have the time to wait for 2 days you can check for yourself.
    ---