The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please make one of "Trapping Web" morph's a Root ability.

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Dear forum
I love to play Tanks and I love to play PvP. I love to play them on different classes with different setups.
I think it's great that not all classes are the same, and they play to different strengths.
I think it's great that the Dragonknights, arguably, got the best chaining capabilities in the game (fast cast, magicka cost) but I also think it's great that other classes got access to a pull ability through the Fighter's Guild skill line (though arguably much worse). This, at the very least, make it so that other classes can be competitive in their own way, without having serious holes in their kit - which could prevent them from fullfilling a critical role.

I would suggest something similar to a Silver Leash ability for a root ability. Don't make it as good as the best class ability roots in the game (DK and Warden) but make it an AOE root none the less, for trash packs. I rarely see people run the Trapping Web skill, from the Undaunted Skill line, so turning one of the morphs (not both) into a root ability any class can use would be an amazing addition IMO.

Edit: Spelling
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 29, 2023 5:11PM

Please make one of "Trapping Web" morph's a Root ability. 20 votes

Yes, turn a Trapping Web morph into a mediocre root ability for all classes to use.
75%
RoxyPhoenixMikeSkyrim333Caim12bmnobleAraneae6537Grandchamp1989OBJnoobAuberon1983JerBearESOJestirSoaroraDivineKittyGnesnigopalcityBasP 15 votes
Yes, but make it as good as class abilities
25%
QuietPanda_22spartaxoxoACamaroGuyjle30303Tyrant_Tim 5 votes
No, don't give all classes access to a root ability.
0%
I got another suggestion (post reply)
0%
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, turn a Trapping Web morph into a mediocre root ability for all classes to use.
    I could get behind that. TankBlades and TankPlars would have access to a root, but I agree with you, not as strong as class roots.

Seems fair.
    Edited by Auberon1983 on May 28, 2023 10:47PM
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, but make it as good as class abilities
    Amazing idea to breathe life into an otherwise useless skill after the Harmony changes.

IMO, the best approach to this would be…

Trapping Webs could get a meter or two radius increase, a cost of around 2-2.5k stamina, a 50-70% snare while within similar to Ash Cloud, and a 10 second duration, it could apply Minor Cowardice to enemies within, while changing the synergy to “When synergized, root all enemies within for 3-5 seconds.”

This way the ability would become comparative without out-performing other options.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please yes, it's weird that not all classes have a good root. Makes tanking odd.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    And give the skill better radius. I think it's 4m currently?
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post