The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Perma cc by wardens, is that supposed to happen?

Quackery
Quackery
✭✭✭✭
So, I was in Imperial city (PC EU) hoping to get the weekly endeavor done but imagine my surprise when I came across 2 EP wardens that perma cc me with frost skills. I couldn't break free or move for at least 15 seconds before I was completely destroyed. I've never seen anything like it since I started playing this game. Is perma cc now a thing wardens do? Sure, I know very little about their skills but this seems extremely cancerous. Can someone fill me in on if this is normal?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 28, 2023 3:04PM
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it took 2 people 15 seconds to kill You while You were not doing anything? I sense a bit of overexagreration. You were most propably not using any defense measures to deal with stuns and immobilizes and if You are not doing it than yes You will be in consistantly stunned and immobilized or You played Your cards poorly and for example went low on stam really quick. While warden can be oppressive with stuns and immobilizes he does not have perma effects on any of these as long as You are bearking free, dodging or using skills that remove snare/immobilize.
    Edited by Galeriano on May 28, 2023 1:19PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah perma CC isn't a thing. You can be stunned every 8 seconds I think and immobilized every 4. If someone really tries to nail you down it can be pretty oppressive but there's nothing preventing you from breaking free immediately or using something like Race Against Time or Shuffle to be immune to immobilization.

I think you just need to make some room on your ability bars for some of these skills. A little mobility is pretty much mandatory these days.

If it's REALLY a problem, you can look at Snow Treaders as a possible mythic to use. This will make you permanently immune to soft CC (snare/immobilization.) And a neat trick for extended hard CC (stun,) immunity are potions with "immovable" as an effect. Let someone stun you... Break free... Now you're immune to stuns for about 7 seconds anyway... Pop an immovability potion AFTER the 7 seconds has elapsed and now you have about 10 more seconds where you can't be stunned... Depending on what other effects your potion has and whether or not you have skill points in Medicinal Use under the Alchemy tree.
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Yeah perma CC isn't a thing. You can be stunned every 8 seconds I think and immobilized every 4. If someone really tries to nail you down it can be pretty oppressive but there's nothing preventing you from breaking free immediately or using something like Race Against Time or Shuffle to be immune to immobilization.

I think you just need to make some room on your ability bars for some of these skills. A little mobility is pretty much mandatory these days.

If it's REALLY a problem, you can look at Snow Treaders as a possible mythic to use. This will make you permanently immune to soft CC (snare/immobilization.) And a neat trick for extended hard CC (stun,) immunity are potions with "immovable" as an effect. Let someone stun you... Break free... Now you're immune to stuns for about 7 seconds anyway... Pop an immovability potion AFTER the 7 seconds has elapsed and now you have about 10 more seconds where you can't be stunned... Depending on what other effects your potion has and whether or not you have skill points in Medicinal Use under the Alchemy tree.

I've tried Snow Treaders before but I keep forgetting that I can't sprint so I always complain in zone chat about the game being buggy. :D:D I'll try to get used to it.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL yea I can see that. I actually have never used snow treaders because I do enjoy sprinting. But my understanding is that if you combine it with a swift trait or two... Maybe some form of major expedition, you can actually be recently fast still.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Combat & Character Mechanics section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has pretty much been the norm for wardens ever since they got their passives reworked a few patches ago. They basically fill the area with frost aoe and let the chilled status and major brittle do their thing. This will stun you pretty much on cooldown (which is 6 seconds btw), snare you completely (every 4 seconds), and yes sometimes stun immunity just doesn't seem to work and you can get stunned more than once in a row.

Your best chance is to have a snare removal skill handy (which you should always have anyway) and then just run away. There is next to no chance you are going to be able to even put a dent in them even if you outnumbered them 2-to-1 and all the while you'll be fighting against snares and stuns.

Edited by Janni on May 30, 2023 3:46AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Janni that's what I was thinking. The stun immunity has been iffy at best. There have been times I have broken free and immediately been stunned again. Its frustrating, but its PVP. I like to use the DK chains to pull to someone else or a skill like streak to escape
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Janni that's what I was thinking. The stun immunity has been iffy at best. There have been times I have broken free and immediately been stunned again. Its frustrating, but its PVP. I like to use the DK chains to pull to someone else or a skill like streak to escape

Problem is that Streak doesn't follow the camera, it follows the direction the character is looking at when immobilized. So stupid because you have no control over what your character is streaking straight into.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on a sorc then? A magsorc? The (in class,) warden stun AND immobilize (wall of frost no longer immobilizes,) are basically point blank AoE skills. 8 meter radius I think for the immobilize, and even less for the stun.

Your plan should really be to stay out of range. Which is easier said than done, I know, because wardens aren't exactly slow.

But still. Try to create distance and bombard then with stuff to put them on defense. You'll quickly find out if they're using Crystallized Slab or not. If they are your ranged attacks will basically do no damage and you will get stunned. If this is how you've been being stunned... Then honestly just run away. They're using an excellent counter to your build and you're kinda supposed to lose that one.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No such thing as perma CC. Sounds like you got immobilized by a Frost Wall and then got Stunned by Blast. But any class can do this. Play in the snow too long and be prepared to get frozen.