The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ping extremely high in overland areas

Naltanir
Naltanir
✭✭
Hello,

Big trouble with the ping these lasts 24 hours in overland areas, what's going on?

• Naltanir
    Naltanir
    ✭✭
    PC EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't say the same, might be regional or a thing with how provider is routing.
  • Naltanir
    Naltanir
    ✭✭
    Not really, many ppl yesterday in zchat had the same issues
  • macmuc
    macmuc
    ✭✭
    Me too, up to 700ms in the game.
    Speedtests are showing that my ISP delays are fine, below 10ms-
    This happens since 1-2 Days.
  • Batmanna
    Batmanna
    ✭✭✭
    Happening on my end too. PC EU, the ping after the last incr patch is just horrendous
    Edited by Batmanna on May 25, 2023 8:38PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh. i am not alone.
    PC EU: spontaneous ping spikes up to 500..800mS today. Not constant but quite often.
    Even banking the materials becomes a problem. Server is too comatose to respond to my keypresses.
    Run a check on my ISP - everything is normal, so i suggest this is a ESO server issue.
    PC EU
  • Naltanir
    Naltanir
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

The problem dont come from our side, it's the server.
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    my trial just got cancelled because half the group had severe ping issues.
    nothing in common, different ISP's, different locations, different countries even. i myself had it yesterday and i was pinging the server at a time and the pings were all below 100, while ingame it was a severe lag + ping spikes up to 800ms every now and again
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    same in vet CR last night 4-5 players all had 900+ ping and restarted pc game and routers and still had major issues with massive lag spikes and we were playing on pc eu and was a number of players in guild chat asking if anyone else was getting bad lag problems today also. this definately started after yesterdays patch maintenance. so does seem to look like the server side as they all ran speed tests and were fine but in game it just kept happening
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely server issue after last patch. This morning latency was going up to 900+ms and fully closing game and relogging was helping only momentarily. Tested my IPS outside game and it’s rock solid.
  • Valgar0r
    Valgar0r
    ✭✭✭
    Same here on PC EU, huge lagspikes happening in some specific instances (ex: Vet undaunted dungeon). Ping is fine when i go back in open area like Vvardenfell or Deshaan.

I don't get the issue on PC NA.
    • EU | PC // (CP 2400+)
    • NA | PC // (CP 2100+)
    • EP - Valgarôr - AR50 - Sorc
    • EP - Dreadrâ - AR41 - NB
    • EP - Jah'Far - Bard - DK
    • >!< - Ôops - Lady of Misrule - NB
    • ~SatGNU~
    • ~Necrotic Lagg~
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    davapoole wrote: »
    same in vet CR last night 4-5 players all had 900+ ping and restarted pc game and routers and still had major issues with massive lag spikes

yea, same. we were in vDSR and people who were lagging tried everything, up to completely restarting their PC, multiple times, nothing helped. also one of the lagging healers is on the same ISP as the other person in the trial, who's ping was totally fine at the same very time at the same very place.
    i myself started lagging an hour after the trial got cancelled to the point i could barely do my crafting writs.

PC EU

Edited by slip9419 on May 26, 2023 7:42AM
  • Naltanir
    Naltanir
    ✭✭
    Pls, can you give us an answer?
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »

Do you believe that hundreds of players just spontaneously developed lag issues on their own systems? Or is the cause the one thing that they all have in common... the servers?

Common sense would imply the latter. This is a server issue, not a player issue
  • VyRox1
    VyRox1
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, massive ping, it's just unplayable...
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    This is a server issue, not a player issue

100%. i myself tracerouted the servers multiple times when i was lagging - my ping was totally fine from the outside, on it's average levels of 50-80ms, no package loss no nothing, but inside the game it was spiking up to 800 then falling, then spiking again. i asked another person who got the lag, and their result was the same. traceroute - fine, in-game - nop.
  • BlindingBright
    BlindingBright
    ✭✭✭
    PC-NA is having issues this weekend. Horrible lag spikes noticed by myself and others, though not seeing the random 304 you've been booted from the servers anymore(nor hear of others complaining about it since the last server maintenance)

Trials have had lag spikes of 999+ at times during peek hours it's worse.

But yeah, have heard more people complaining about it since the server maintenance. Issues like this make progging difficult content near impossible at times, it's frustrating. Everyone in vCR has lag, then everyone's client froze for a second(just this past Friday) That WAS NOT anyones' connection, that was 100% the game.

I hope this [snip] is sorted by the time Necrom drops and introduces the next wave of bugs and game instability.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 28, 2023 5:29PM
  • Naltanir
    Naltanir
    ✭✭
    I see that u edited the last message @ZOS_Icy , so if u read us, at least pls guys, give us an honest answer. What's wrong with the servers??
  • BlindingBright
    BlindingBright
    ✭✭✭
    Naltanir wrote: »
    I see that u edited the last message @ZOS_Icy , so if u read us, at least pls guys, give us an honest answer. What's wrong with the servers??

The funny thing is I didn't even use a curse word, was a slang term that generally is okay haha. Wasn't trying to anger the ZoS gods. Though I feel honored for being moderated, seams to be a right of passage on the forums.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have +- the same latency on PC NA I had before but I've been having lag issues on PC EU (avg 400/500/800ms overland and sometimes over 1500/2000ms on dungeons) when my latency usually was +-100ms.

I complained about this to Support seeking for a solution, explaining in the ticket that I did ran all the possible fixes that are detailed here before contacting customer support.
    The reply to my ticket was sent by bot, most probably, because it suggested to me the same article I said that didn't helped me at all.

So at this point, without any perspective of getting this fixed in the next days, I just hope the next game patch fixes this odd issue some players are having on servers.
    Edited by redlink1979 on May 29, 2023 12:22PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Muirwen
    Muirwen
    ✭✭
    Same here, mounting problems with latency/lag. Did all the tests, followed all recommendations, rebooting router, flushing dns, changing dns, another pc and even switched to our second internet provider, same problems. Speeds, latency and jitter on the line are all excellent, no problems in other games.
    guo574wafdz4.png
  • Muirwen
    Muirwen
    ✭✭
    In addition to my posting above: I tried my PC-NA account, and no problem there whatsoever....
  • Naltanir
    Naltanir
    ✭✭
    UP

Zos?
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Naltanir wrote: »
    (...) Zos?
    giphy.gif

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone still having latency issues after going through the troubleshooting posted above, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    IDK if it's related... But I'm still in the process of applying the new patch. When trying to patch my game last night, even after trying all potential solutions (router open ports, DNS cache deletion, launcher's deletion and reinstallation, etc.), the update process was stuck at around 20%. While my PC was crawling like a swimming chihuahua whenever I changed focus to another window, opened a browser or Notepad or whatnot, etc. Like if the game was putting my PC on a lagging bus (which translated into the patching process crawling to no end)...